FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7469 --- 09/22/04 05:16 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
19 posts before this one and I've got 11 of them. i feel like I'm talking to myself. Feel free to be "dialogious" gang.

2 junkballers tonight, Duque and Lilly. Should be fun.

FingerLakes1.com
#7470 --- 09/24/04 02:24 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Thank you Orioles. THank you Terry Francona. Thank you Byung Yun Kim. Word in Boston is that the press is frying Francona about "giving up" on the game and bringing in Kim. Somewhere grady Little is smiling.

LESS THAN 4 HOURS TIL GAME TIME

GO YANKEES!!!

#7471 --- 09/24/04 04:10 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

I'm freakin' talking to my freakin' self here. Is anybody out there? Tell me at least to go piss off so I know you can fog a mirror. I'm getting tired of seeing Eddie Matthews face on the Yankees thread! Should I switch it to half a peace sign?

SHEEESH!!!

#7472 --- 09/24/04 04:34 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Yeah, it is frustrating talking to oneself, isn't it ?
But, I've learned, it's not worth blowing a 'head gasket' over !

After watching the Sox - Yanks series in the Bronx, one must ask "what lack of pitching you talkin' about ,Willis" ?

Hopefully, we'll see three good games this week-end in Fenway. Maybe even another classic. Jeter said it 'best', "Ya gotta beat one of the best of the best to be the best"!!!

I'll be watching, Eddie, gotta get that home field advantage !!!!!!!!

P.S. Where's Petey ??

#7473 --- 09/25/04 10:06 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Quote:

"What can I say -- just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy," Martinez said. "I can't find a way to beat them at this point. ... They're that good. They're that hot right now -- at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

#7474 --- 09/25/04 11:15 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Amazing you post a Martinez quote Tino. I logged on to quote Martinez also as he said, (and I love it), "I wish they would disappear and never come back. I'd like to face any other team right now. To pitch a good game, make good pitches and still can't beat them. It's frustrating."

Talk about being inside someone's head! I love this stuff.

Yes, where is Petey and Tony Kubek and bryankees et al???

#7475 --- 09/25/04 11:32 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY USA
Tino, what's up? Sorry that I haven't been online here if you've been looking for me. I've been too busy trying to keep up on the Yankees and seeing the Red Sox trying to make a pathetic excuse of a run to try and overtake the Yankees in the East.

#7476 --- 09/25/04 06:17 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Petey, welcome back !!

How do we get into Schilling's head ?????

#7477 --- 09/25/04 09:52 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Tino, Schilling is very good at Fenway this year. He would be very, very hard to beat him at home. Trying to get into his head may be just even harder to do. After the game on Sunday (with the Yankees hopefully winning), that would clinch the A.L. East for the 9th straight year. But that is a good question. I have no idea how the Yankees would get into Schilling's head.

#7478 --- 09/26/04 08:17 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Yes, welcome back Petey. Was that docuflick on ESPN last night about you????

Unfortunately you are premature in the clinching on Sunday thing. After last night's implosion they still have a magic number of 4 so it will have to happen in the Bronx.

A win today would be very nice but I think a good outing by Brown is most important. With vasquez apparently "lost in space" Brown has to show he's ready. But beating Schilling would really be special.

Joe Girardi made an interesting comment about Joe Torre last night while the Yankees were letting the Sox have their way. He said that if the Yankees had lost the first game he'd be managing this (2nd game) differenly. Normally he would have brought Gordon in to shut the door but thinking longer term he tried things with the "second tier" relievers, of which Paul Quantrill is quickly becoming a member (in my opinion). He also noted when Ramirez came up against Quantrill that Paul is a sinker ball/low ball pitcher and Manny is a low ball hitter. Said Quantrill should go with his strength rather than try to throw the ball up in the strike zone. His "strength" might work on any other hitter but not someone as good as Ramirez. I think Torre should have gone to another pitcher, a high ball pitcher in that situation but maybe Torre wanted to see what Quantrill could do and was ready to sacrifice the game??? God I hope his thought process isn't THAT convoluted.

Rubber game today. Should be fun.

GO BOMBERS

#7479 --- 09/26/04 10:20 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

If the Yankees win today, they go up by five and a half. That would make it even harder on Boston to try and win the East. Yesterday's game was just a formality in the Yankees' way to winning another divisional crown. Granted, it might be tough for Brown the first few innings trying to catch the ball being thrown back to him by Posada, but I have a feeling that he will still pitch well enough for the win.

#7480 --- 09/26/04 04:52 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

CLANG!!! Well so much for Kevin Brown making a positive statement. Good thing it only counts once. At least Loiza looked good... er, ah, nevermind.

Schilling looked Cy worthy today.

Still in first place and have all this Red Sox nonsense out of the way.

Heck, after winning on friday night I didn't care about the next 2 games and as a matter of fact I went to the dog show at Sampson today rather than glue myself to the tube to watch today's game. Why? The Yankees made their statement on Friday night.

As Paul Hogan would say, "No worries mate".

#7481 --- 09/28/04 05:57 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

POSTPONED tonight. Goddam Jeanne! Now watch, the Yankees will get stuck with a doubleheader. Yup there it is, 2 games tomorrow.

#7482 --- 09/29/04 07:39 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Won * 1, magic number down to 3
Ahead in # 2, 4 to 2 !!!
At the moment, Boston down by 1
in the 4th.

Lots of game left to be played tonight !

Eddie, do you think Duke REALLY has a tired
shoulder, or are they simply strategically resting him ?

#7483 --- 09/29/04 09:09 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Resting him. Keeping Moose and Lieber on their regular days, especially Moose.

Tino, your namesake came up big tonight against the Red Sox.

A true Yankee even if he isn't wearing the pinstripes anymore. Beating the Red Sox is in Martinez blood.

#7484 --- 09/29/04 10:27 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

*1*

Yep, cut Tino, and he bleeds pinstripes !

#7485 --- 09/29/04 11:22 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Would like to see Minnesota lose out so the yankees get them in the first round. Don't like the west coast trip thing plus the yankees seem to have Minnesota's number. If Anaheim gets hot like they did 2 years ago they could be tough to beat based on adrenalin, know what I mean. They're on a 5 game win streak right now.

#7486 --- 09/30/04 05:44 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Magic number for the Yankees is now 1 with them taking the double header from the Twins coupled with the Boston loss last night.

#7487 --- 09/30/04 09:33 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

Loc: riiiiiight???
Bryankees is reincarnated as CarlSpackler.. actually, I forgot the login at somepoint.. so I just switched...
Anyway.. just watched Bernie go Boom.. Burn baby burn! The Yankees win the penent.. THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEEEEEEEEES WIN!!!!!!!

I actually called the shot, was talking with my mom, and I needed Bernie to get a hit in my fantasy league, so I called the HR. Good for Bernie.. I hope it helps me cash in. Actually, Torre just said many of the guys will rest the last few games, so I think that maybe the last time I play Bernie for the year. Being a Yankee fan is a beautiful thing.

#7488 --- 09/30/04 09:44 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Quote:

Being a Yankee fan is a beautiful thing.

DITTO!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >