FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#710647 --- 12/16/07 02:43 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: RedGreen]
MotherNature Offline

Loc: everywhere
Originally Posted By: RedGreen
Originally Posted By: MotherNature
I know you have me on ignore, SBJ, but I don't choose to have a Merry Christmas. So there.

Ugh.
\:\(
I admit I get all gooey as WIMS would say, but c'mon people
it's Christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3-KBTCRok

Tell me to shovel snow up my butt, and then remind me that it is christmas. ??????????????????????????

FingerLakes1.com
#710659 --- 12/16/07 03:12 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
I know you have me on ignore, SBJ, but I don't choose to have a Merry Christmas. So there.

Ugh.
it's Christmas.

Tell me to shovel snow up my butt, and then remind me that it is christmas. ??????????????????????????

Ummm
No.
I jokingly referred to you as "MotherNature"
and told you where to put your snow.
The rest and all interpretations are on you.

#710666 --- 12/16/07 03:31 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: RedGreen]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY

Ugh.
it's Christmas.

Ummm
No.

Well thanks to Cal, I get to see your response, MN. And if you choose not to have a Merry Christmas, it is nothing off my back. That is a choice you make. I still am allowed to wish "ALL" a Merry Christmas, and MN, you are not "all".

\:\/

So there. \:\/

Feel better do ya?

Edited by Strawberry Jam (12/16/07 03:33 PM)

#710946 --- 12/16/07 08:35 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Strawberry Jam]
MotherNature Offline

Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam

Ugh.
it's Christmas.

Ummm
No.

Well thanks to Cal, I get to see your response, MN. And if you choose not to have a Merry Christmas, it is nothing off my back. That is a choice you make. I still am allowed to wish "ALL" a Merry Christmas, and MN, you are not "all".

\:\/

So there. \:\/

Feel better do ya?

So glad you got the message. I just knew you'd have a reply. You always do.
=================================

Ummm
No.
====================================

How can you jokingly refer to me as being me, Red/Green? Still walking away and refusing to accept responsibility for your actions and your words. Ta.
====================================

#711002 --- 12/16/07 09:00 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"So you should pardon my bitterness."

No can do. There are people who are worse off than you, who are not bitter. Have a merry Christmas, be thankful to have a life, even if it's not going exactly as planned, and realize that while you're slowly getting better, some are getting worse.

If you're in no shape to cook, or to go out to a restaurant on Christmas, sign up for a free VFW dinner; we deliver.

#711016 --- 12/16/07 09:12 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: VM Smith]
MotherNature Offline

Bah Humbug.
===========

Christmas is the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. That is the real celebration. If you are not a Christian, you shouldn't have to have that shoved down your throat.
Jews celebrate Chanukkah.
Wiccans celebrate the Yule. (Winter Solstice, celebrating the longest night and the blessings of darkness as well as the rebirth of the sun god. (Wicca/Paganism) (Dec. 21))
Then there's Qwanzaa and Ramadan. Nowhere have I seen anyone wish a happy or holy holiday to those who celebrate these days.

#711021 --- 12/16/07 09:39 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
Having had knee surgery myself it is possible MotherNature has post op depression plus the fact of frustration of trying to daily simple tasks that are either impossible or difficult to do.
Maybe she doesn't feel Christmas is something to be happy about.
Christmas has turned into this big push to buy, buy, buy and many simple cannot afford to pay for it.
Some people are just lonely at Christmas. What ever the reason no one should be berated for not being happy.

#711023 --- 12/16/07 09:42 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
Sallie Offline

Bah Humbug.
===========

Christmas is the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. That is the real celebration. If you are not a Christian, you shouldn't have to have that shoved down your throat.
Jews celebrate Chanukkah.
Wiccans celebrate the Yule. (Winter Solstice, celebrating the longest night and the blessings of darkness as well as the rebirth of the sun god. (Wicca/Paganism) (Dec. 21))
Then there's Qwanzaa and Ramadan. Nowhere have I seen anyone wish a happy or holy holiday to those who celebrate these days.

MotherNature this is very true, I am not Christian, I do Yule.
You do not see people say Happy Yule to me unless they are pagan.
And I certainly don't see places like Walmart make a big Yule sale! \:\)

#711025 --- 12/16/07 09:51 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Sallie]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Happy Yule. \:\)

I am not saying MN MUST have a Merry Christmas or even celebrate it. But, her comment to me was not intended to explain that she does not celebrate Christmas or that she is depressed. It was made to try to exact some kind of feeling on me akin to belittlement. It was in response to my saying Merry Christmas all, not specifically to MN. It didn't work.

I have been there when I have not felt like celebrating any holiday and such, last year was rough. I know how that is. I chose to pull myself together for those that I loved, and actually enjoyed the holidays. I am not saying everyone is able to do that, or should be made to.

I have a son overseas this year, his fourth Christmas away, it is rough. For some reason cookie baking this year is my chosen "distraction" from that "roughness", but the ache of wanting that son home is still there.

Also, I have a niece that is a Wiccan, and celebrates Christmas as well. I have never had a conflict with her or any other Wiccan I have ever met. Why would I? It is not always easy to tell who is who on here (ie: Christian vs Wiccan).

So, to correct my earlier statement to include all:

Happy Channukah

Happy Qwanza

Happy Yule

Merry Christmas

and to those I either m issed or am not aware of:

Happy Holidays.

To those of you who are not in the holiday spirit, I wish you peace. I also hope that whatever has got you down, will be clarified, cured, abbreviated...whatever word you would like to choose.

When you are that low, it is not easy to rise up. Still, there is no reason to take it out on others.

JMHO

Edited by Strawberry Jam (12/16/07 09:53 PM)

#711083 --- 12/17/07 05:08 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I'm not a Christian, either, but it doesn't bother me if they say merry Christmas. I don't figure that the holidays are all about me, or about my beliefs and feelings; it's just a nice time of year, and I know that the sun will return, so I'll celebrate the solstice, as usual, and enjoy the general happy mood people have. I'm already happier, because we've passed the earliest sunset of the year (Dec. 8).

#711145 --- 12/17/07 06:24 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: VM Smith]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
Hey, if Hallmark says to celebrate - why not?
I, too, remember a crappy christmas - the woeth me year. But, I'm getting my life pulled together - my way - and learning to deal with it. I do have to say, that it has gotten ridiculous at the amount of money I'm doling out this year for gifts to people I don't even know! I don't have a problem with gift giving to kids. This is their holiday. But I'm buying for teachers, neighbors, co-workers I don't even like etc...enough already!

#711153 --- 12/17/07 06:31 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Where's the love]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
Mother Nature - the yucky part of these forums is that I like to keep my anonymity. If I didn't, I would be more than glad to offer you a hand...if you live near me that is. Depression stinks even if it's just the feeling sorry for yourself moment because you can't get around, your bills are piling up or the friggin pressure of finding gifts for that idiot co-worker you have to buy for. This is the first year, of several, that I have not had SAD really bad! Probably because I got a good dose of sunlight on my vacation. However, I'm here on the forums for some forum coffee and a donut if you want to chat...wtl

#711196 --- 12/17/07 08:01 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Where's the love]
E. Mousie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: in my suite in the bookcase!

Whatever holiday you celebrate, then celebrate, enjoy and have a nice day. Sheeesh. No reason to go blasting anyone else for unknowingly for wishing everyone else a joyous holiday season.

#711267 --- 12/17/07 10:26 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Sallie]
MotherNature Offline

Originally Posted By: Sallie
Having had knee surgery myself it is possible MotherNature has post op depression plus the fact of frustration of trying to daily simple tasks that are either impossible or difficult to do.
Maybe she doesn't feel Christmas is something to be happy about.
Christmas has turned into this big push to buy, buy, buy and many simple cannot afford to pay for it.
Some people are just lonely at Christmas. What ever the reason no one should be berated for not being happy.

Exactly. Thank you.

#711270 --- 12/17/07 10:31 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Strawberry Jam]
MotherNature Offline

Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Happy Yule. \:\)

I am not saying MN MUST have a Merry Christmas or even celebrate it. But, her comment to me was not intended to explain that she does not celebrate Christmas or that she is depressed. It was made to try to exact some kind of feeling on me akin to belittlement. It was in response to my saying Merry Christmas all, not specifically to MN. It didn't work.

I have been there when I have not felt like celebrating any holiday and such, last year was rough. I know how that is. I chose to pull myself together for those that I loved, and actually enjoyed the holidays. I am not saying everyone is able to do that, or should be made to.

I have a son overseas this year, his fourth Christmas away, it is rough. For some reason cookie baking this year is my chosen "distraction" from that "roughness", but the ache of wanting that son home is still there.

Also, I have a niece that is a Wiccan, and celebrates Christmas as well. I have never had a conflict with her or any other Wiccan I have ever met. Why would I? It is not always easy to tell who is who on here (ie: Christian vs Wiccan).

So, to correct my earlier statement to include all:

Happy Channukah

Happy Qwanza

Happy Yule

Merry Christmas

and to those I either m issed or am not aware of:

Happy Holidays.

To those of you who are not in the holiday spirit, I wish you peace. I also hope that whatever has got you down, will be clarified, cured, abbreviated...whatever word you would like to choose.

When you are that low, it is not easy to rise up. Still, there is no reason to take it out on others.

JMHO

It must be nice to be perfect, and to know what is in someone else's mind. And not everything I say applies to you. So, please continue to ignore me, and leave me alone.

#711332 --- 12/17/07 11:47 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Sigh....to this whole thread. Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy holiday to those who celebrate otherwise.

#711337 --- 12/17/07 11:51 AM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Yetta Nother]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
Chin-up, Yetta, the new year will bring blessings for all of us. Just don't live or love in the past. We must go forward and be happy.

#715041 --- 12/21/07 09:25 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: MotherNature]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"Wiccans celebrate the Yule. (Winter Solstice, celebrating the longest night and the blessings of darkness as well as the rebirth of the sun god. (Wicca/Paganism) (Dec. 21))"

Solstice is at0108 12/22 EST. Don't get the date wrong for your celebration, or the world will end in awful flaming death, and then we'll all have a miserable Christmas.

#716244 --- 12/23/07 09:56 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: VM Smith]
Sallie Offline

I once put off for several years closing a door in my life.
I could think of many reasons for not closing it.
The main reason was fear. Fear of being alone, the unfamiliar,
failure etc....
I cried many nights.
I started healing when I started going out and sitting at night and watching the night sky, being at peace.
One day I forgave myself for not going forward
and I slammed shut that door.
The next door opened and the most wonderful person came into my life.
When you are ready to heal, when you are ready to shut the old door, the new door will open for you too.

#716273 --- 12/23/07 11:32 PM Re: Where are you Christmas? [Re: Sallie]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

It works that way sometimes.

I was just making fun of someone who complains that Christmas is too much about how Christians feel, that the Christian holiday is shoved down her throat, and implies that she feels left out because she is a wiccan who celebrates the solstice. Then she shows that she doesn't even know when the solstice occurs.

So, if she doesn't take her own beliefs that seriously, she shouldn't take Christmas that serously either, and should relax, enjoy the holidays, and quit complaining.

Edited by VM Smith (12/23/07 11:36 PM)

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >