FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#702207 --- 12/05/07 07:13 AM Christmas decorations - what's (not) up
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any idea why there are no lights on the trees in downtown Penn Yan? StarShine is this Friday, and none of the lights are up. Things could be rather dismal...

FingerLakes1.com
#702583 --- 12/05/07 05:17 PM Re: Christmas decorations - what's (not) up [Re: ]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: MLynch23
Any idea why there are no lights on the trees in downtown Penn Yan? StarShine is this Friday, and none of the lights are up. Things could be rather dismal...

They keep puppies in puppy mills awake at night???

#703047 --- 12/06/07 09:04 AM Re: Christmas decorations - what's (not) up [Re: Al Kida]
Astoria Offline

Loc: somwhere
Maybe it's back to the old topic of Yates County is broke.

I think all the X Mass light money went to replacing the light pole someone crashed into on the Main St. Bridge a couple of weeks ago.

Don't worry though! The money will come through soon! I think it has something to do with these NYE Tech trucks I see running up and down Main St. (even at 3am).

The website makes them look prety enviromental... I have a different theory Yates Co. is building a top secret meth lab in the country to make some quick cash. It's true and nobody can make me believe otherwise.

#703193 --- 12/06/07 02:17 PM Re: Christmas decorations - what's (not) up [Re: Astoria]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have learned the answer: The village was told not to put lights on the new trees that were planted earlier this year. Too bad no one knew about it before today. Perhaps the downtown merchants would have found another way to decorate in time for StarShine tomorrow night.

Astoria - Why would Yates County have anything to do with it? Why does everyone think Yates County and Penn Yan are one in the same?

#703455 --- 12/06/07 08:57 PM Re: Christmas decorations - what's (not) up [Re: ]
Astoria Offline

Loc: somwhere
Originally Posted By: MLynch23
I have learned the answer: The village was told not to put lights on the new trees that were planted earlier this year. Too bad no one knew about it before today. Perhaps the downtown merchants would have found another way to decorate in time for StarShine tomorrow night.

Astoria - Why would Yates County have anything to do with it? Why does everyone think Yates County and Penn Yan are one in the same?

Ohhh... My bad!!! So it's the Village of Penn Yan operating the meth lab!? I had no idea sorry.