FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#703394 --- 12/06/07 07:41 PM Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2
'08 Offline

Loc: Rushville
This is a new thread that will continue the previous topic of the former agriculture teacher at Marcus Whitman High School being dismissed. This is just a place for people to voice their opinions about the topic and possibly debate thoughts and theories. This is not a place to bash anyone especially members of the forums. This is obviously open to anyone within the forums but please, if anyone starts making sarcastic remarks or acting immaturely, just ignore them. By posting back it only fuels their fire and gives them ammunition, if we act as if they are not there, they will have nothing. I hope this one is more productive than its predecessor.

FingerLakes1.com
#703411 --- 12/06/07 08:00 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: '08]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: '08
This is not a place to bash anyone especially members of the forums.

We tried bashing people that were not members of the forums!!!

For some reason they could not read what we wrote???

#703454 --- 12/06/07 08:53 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Al Kida]
Astoria Offline

Loc: somwhere
Originally Posted By: '08
This is just a place for people to voice their opinions about the topic and possibly debate thoughts and theories.

If it was not anything like abuse to warrent the notification of the students and parents you or anobody has no right to know anything about the dismissal. That is between the teacher and his employer... A right he has as a worker in New York, he has the right to keep the reason for his dismissal kept private. If he wanted you to know don't you think you would know. Forget about debating or your thoughts on it. Who cares... Move on... Let the man have his right to privacy!!!

#703526 --- 12/06/07 11:31 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]
MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED Offline

Loc: Five Points C25, upon return c...

Pay no attention to the man behind the post.....

#703610 --- 12/07/07 05:59 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED]
Genie Offline

Loc: My Magic Bottle
Fact: Mr. Decker does NOT know the reason for his dismissal.

Fact: Documented evidence against Mark Sissel verifies his poor moral values and his dishonesty in current AND past situations.

Fact: Oren Cook was sued by a teacher at an Adirondack School for creating a hostile work environment.

Fact: Several teachers at Whitman have been instructed by Mark Sissel to "lie" about various events on the day Mr. Decker was dismissed....none concerning the reasons for the dismissal, rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students.

Fact: Mr. Decker was not tenured.

Edited by Genie (12/07/07 06:26 AM)

#703701 --- 12/07/07 09:06 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Genie]
Zartan Offline

Loc: Secret COBRA Base
You seem to be pretty sure of your "FACTS" in this situation.

To know the "Fact" that Mr. Decker does NOT know the reson for his dismissal you must have been sitting in the room with the administration when the meeting took place.

To have your "Fact" of documented evidence against Mr. Sissel that verifies his poor moral values and his dishonesty in current AND past situations Could you please provide us with your sources and written documention that proves this fact? If not you seem to be slandering Mr. Sissel.

Your Fact: Oren Cook was sued by a teacher at an Adirondack School for creating a hostile work environment. Has been verified in the past so I will give you that one.

As per your Fact: Several teachers at Whitman have been instructed by Mark Sissel to "lie" about various events on the day Mr. Decker was dismissed....none concerning the reasons for the dismissal, rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students. Are you a teacher that this happened to and you all disussed it in the faculty lounge? If not please provide sources and documention to back up this fact or again you could get back to that slander issue.

Finally your Fact: Mr. Decker was not tenured. This also has been reported and appears to be a fact.

So I would say after doing some quick math here less than 50% of your statements made here are truely "FACTS"

It's too bad that you keep dragging all the individuals involved through the mud by starting posts and continueing posts. I'm sure you have your feelings one way and others have feelings their way. You know the old three sides to every story

#703722 --- 12/07/07 09:33 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Zartan]

She did slander a few individuals that would have a good case against her in court. What will the well-being of her children be once she is sued and loses everthing she owns......

#703766 --- 12/07/07 10:23 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Zartan]
Genie Offline

Originally Posted By: Zartan
You seem to be pretty sure of your "FACTS" in this situation.

To know the "Fact" that Mr. Decker does NOT know the reson for his dismissal you must have been sitting in the room with the administration when the meeting took place.

To have your "Fact" of documented evidence against Mr. Sissel that verifies his poor moral values and his dishonesty in current AND past situations Could you please provide us with your sources and written documention that proves this fact? If not you seem to be slandering Mr. Sissel.

Your Fact: Oren Cook was sued by a teacher at an Adirondack School for creating a hostile work environment. Has been verified in the past so I will give you that one.

As per your Fact: Several teachers at Whitman have been instructed by Mark Sissel to "lie" about various events on the day Mr. Decker was dismissed....none concerning the reasons for the dismissal, rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students. Are you a teacher that this happened to and you all disussed it in the faculty lounge? If not please provide sources and documention to back up this fact or again you could get back to that slander issue.

Finally your Fact: Mr. Decker was not tenured. This also has been reported and appears to be a fact.

So I would say after doing some quick math here less than 50% of your statements made here are truely "FACTS"

It's too bad that you keep dragging all the individuals involved through the mud by starting posts and continueing posts. I'm sure you have your feelings one way and others have feelings their way. You know the old three sides to every story

Hmmm...let me think...will I provide my supporting documentation to bitter people who are not even on our side? NO!!

Democrat and Chronicle; Friday, December 7, 2007
"Superintendent Oren Cook said that for legal reasons he could not discuss the reason for Decker's dismissal, calling it a personnel issue.
Officials were not obligated to give Decker a reason for his dismissal because he was in a probationary period..."

I gave you the facts and I do have evidence and documentation for every fact I have stated. I am the queen of documentation!! Get it in writing, that's my rule! Too bad Sissel didn't think of that!!

It's interesting how you agreed with the facts that you could easily look up on the web or had previous knowledge of...except for picking up the D&C to read the article I quoted.

You sound like a little kid begging someone to reveal secrets that are being kept from them. You don't know everything and that's a hard pill for you to swallow. I don't know everything either but I do have documentation that you don't have, which added to the facts that you have so graciously confirmed, gives me even more credibility and leverage than you. Just because I won't share the documentation with this forum does not mean it doesn't exist.

My research and knowledge is based on facts and documentation that the public already has or will have when the time is right. That is not slander.

#703793 --- 12/07/07 10:55 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED]
Astoria Offline

Exactly!

Again, Exactly!

Speaking of lawsuits Genie, I would watch what you post. Mr. Decker could very well ask for a court order for the owners of the site to hand over IP address (for your nam and address) and sue you for slandering him on a forum (not to mention a local one) don't believe me? Google it, there is already case law on it!

Originally Posted By: Genie
Fact: Oren Cook was sued by a teacher at an Adirondack School for creating a hostile work environment.

Who cares... I could sue you right now claiming you are a stressing me out and raising my blood pressure. Doesn't mean it is true or that I would win... Well I could that is the beauty of America I could sue anybody for anything I want!

Fact: Mr. Decker does NOT know the reason for his dismissal.

So What. Being a teacher is employment and NY is considered an at will employment state and does have to be told the reason for his termination there doesn't even need to be a reason as long as it is not based on race, gender, religion etc.
New York State is an "employment at will" state, which means that an employer can fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all as long as that reason is not discriminatory. A discharged employee, who is not the victim of discrimination, usually will have no legal recourse even when the discharge is unfair or unreasonable. However, there are important exceptions to that rule where a discharged employee has the right to sue his or her employer for damages and/or reinstatement

#703821 --- 12/07/07 11:19 AM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]
Al Kida Offline

Speaking of lawsuits Genie, I would watch what you post. Mr. Decker could very well ask for a court order for the owners of the site to hand over IP address (for your nam and address) and sue you for slandering him on a forum

Excuse please!!!

Slander is untruthful SPOKEN statement about a person that harms person's reputation or standing in community!!!

Libel is defamation of a person by WRITTEN or representational means!!!

#703849 --- 12/07/07 12:13 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Al Kida]

Well then it would probally be a slander and libel lawsuit....

#703851 --- 12/07/07 12:15 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Al Kida]
Astoria Offline

Originally Posted By: Al Kida
Speaking of lawsuits Genie, I would watch what you post. Mr. Decker could very well ask for a court order for the owners of the site to hand over IP address (for your nam and address) and sue you for slandering him on a forum

Excuse please!!!

Slander is untruthful SPOKEN statement about a person that harms person's reputation or standing in community!!!

Thanks smartass! While you googled the defiinition you should have taken the time to fix your F up and quote correctly. Zartan did not originally post that I did.

BTW what are you doing on here so early in the day? The short bus didn't come and pick you up for school today or are you one of these over sensitive Whitman kids unable to go on with your life because of a small change?

#703864 --- 12/07/07 12:27 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: Astoria
BTW what are you doing on here so early in the day? The short bus didn't come and pick you up for school today or are you one of these over sensitive Whitman kids unable to go on with your life because of a small change?

Can I be both???

#703876 --- 12/07/07 12:39 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Al Kida]
Astoria Offline

Yea, I guess you could. touché...

#703901 --- 12/07/07 01:06 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]

Genie better get an attorney lined up....

and confess to her libelous acts....

#703921 --- 12/07/07 01:57 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]
Genie Offline

Speaking of lawsuits Genie, I would watch what you post. Mr. Decker could very well ask for a court order for the owners of the site to hand over IP address (for your nam and address) and sue you for slandering him on a forum (not to mention a local one) don't believe me? Google it, there is already case law on it!

You are NOT paying attention!! I am on Mr. Decker's side and he is aware of it!

Originally Posted By: Al Kida

Excuse please!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, you have not HEARD me SPEAK a word of slander and if you have ever heard me speak, I was speaking the facts.

As for defamation of anyone, I have only provided facts and have documentation to back them up. If offering factual information is considered libel, then the freedom of information act is null and void and so is the first amendment.

"In law, defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation."

I have not made any false claims.

"Adverse public statements about legal citizens presented as fact must be proven false to be defamatory or slanderous/libel."

Again...I stated facts.

"Qualified privilege" is important when the facts be known in the public interest; an example would be public meetings, local government documents, and information relating to public bodies such as the police and fire departments."

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

#703922 --- 12/07/07 02:00 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED]
Genie Offline

Originally Posted By: MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED
Genie better get an attorney lined up....

and confess to her libelous acts....

I am familiar with this tactic...intimidation, right? You are not very good at it.

#703964 --- 12/07/07 02:49 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Genie]
Astoria Offline

You are NOT paying attention!! I am on Mr. Decker's side and he is aware of it!

I don't need to be paying attention to these long winded speals about a school I have never stepped foot in... No offense. Maybe you are not payiing attention. I was not reffering to Mr. Decker or who's side you are on.
Did you not just post:
Fact: Several teachers at Whitman have been instructed by Mark Sissel to "lie" about various events on the day Mr. Decker was dismissed....none concerning the reasons for the dismissal, rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students.

What you consider FACTS that learn through chit chat is considered hearsay (rumor: gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth). When you pass it around you are then slandering an individual or libel when posted here.

#703971 --- 12/07/07 03:09 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Genie]
Zartan Offline

Loc: Secret COBRA Base
Democrat and Chronicle; Friday, December 7, 2007
"Superintendent Oren Cook said that for legal reasons he could not discuss the reason for Decker's dismissal, calling it a personnel issue.
Officials were not obligated to give Decker a reason for his dismissal because he was in a probationary period..."

Let's see, now I completely understand your facts. Just because by law the administration is not obligated means that during a sit down meeting to discuss termination I'm sure you are correct (because you had to be sitting there) no reason could have been given.

I don't see where I was begging for anything. You seem to be the one begging for public support. I could care less about knowing everything. It just cracks me up to observe pitiful people who can't accept that sometimes things in life happen that they may not like or agree with, but have to deal with in the long run.

Also don't see where you have additional credibility. You appear much more biased in this than I.

#704004 --- 12/07/07 04:00 PM Re: Whitman Teacher Dismissed #2 [Re: Astoria]
Genie Offline

I don't need to be paying attention to these long winded speals about a school I have never stepped foot in... No offense. Maybe you are not payiing attention. I was not reffering to Mr. Decker or who's side you are on.
Did you not just post:
[quote=Genie]Fact: Several teachers at Whitman have been instructed by Mark Sissel to "lie" about various events on the day Mr. Decker was dismissed....none concerning the reasons for the dismissal, rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students.

...rather to cover his a** after he made some poor choices in the handling of the students.

This is the statement you are reading all wrong...I was not referring to Mr. Decker making poor choices or covering his a**.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >