FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#696223 --- 11/25/07 04:26 PM Where will you do your Christmas Shopping?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you plan to change the amount of money you spend this year, and where you spend it? Will you shop for different items (needs vs wants)?
Will you make an effort to shop in your own community, or go to another area to shop?
Where's the best place to shop in the Finger Lakes?

FingerLakes1.com
#700424 --- 12/02/07 06:36 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: ]
Mind of My Own Offline

Loc: Here
Rest assured that Penn Yan has nothing more than drug stores, pizza and bars. Try a gift card for medication, or for the munchies and a highly intoxicating evening out with some of Yates Counties finest!
You can also try the list of puppy mills for something cuddling if you are lonely.

#700497 --- 12/02/07 09:05 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Mind of My Own]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do people assume Yates County means Penn Yan?

#700616 --- 12/03/07 06:20 AM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: ]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: MLynch23

YES!!!

Bellona is also Yates County!!!

You have offended the 7 peoples that live there!!!

#701679 --- 12/04/07 12:39 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Al Kida]
Astoria Offline

Loc: somwhere
Originally Posted By: Al Kida

YES!!!

Bellona is also Yates County!!!

You have offended the 7 peoples that live there!!!

Or Dundee!!! You can get a gift card at the dollar store and buy a deuce deuce at the newly reopened Pour House.

#705128 --- 12/09/07 02:08 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Astoria]
Mind of My Own Offline

Loc: Here
Outside of Penn Yan what else is there? I hear Bellona has a post office if you want a gift card for stamps? Any other suggestions?

#705335 --- 12/09/07 04:52 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Mind of My Own]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: Mind of My Own
Outside of Penn Yan what else is there? I hear Bellona has a post office if you want a gift card for stamps? Any other suggestions?

A puppy from one of their fine puppy mills would make great gift!!!

#705357 --- 12/09/07 05:13 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Al Kida]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Better yet, there're some really cute pups here, and they all need homes:

http://www.yateshumane.org/

#705358 --- 12/09/07 05:13 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Al Kida]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You people need more imagination (or perhaps exposure to the finer and simpler things in life) One more shopping day at the Windmill, then there are great quilts at the Fabric Shop in Dundee, all kinds of wineries all over Yates County. Who needs a mall?

#705361 --- 12/09/07 05:17 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: ]
Al Kida Offline

One more shopping day at the Windmill

How many times do you need to buy butter churn from someone dressed like Mennonite???

#705429 --- 12/09/07 06:40 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Al Kida]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess just as many as you need. What a silly question!

#713606 --- 12/19/07 11:00 PM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: ]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Finger Lakes USA
I did some shopping tonight at the Lowns House of Shoppes in downtown Penn Yan, a really nice gift shop and a lot of things on sale. Then went to Longs Books for other gifts. Didn't have to drive 50 miles (for 8 bucks worth of gas)either. Really pays to explore the shops locally and I'm sure they appreciate our support.

#713801 --- 12/20/07 07:19 AM Re: Where will you do your Christmas Shopping? [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good for you! I spent some time shopping in Lowns Tuesday too. Didn't even have time to go to the second floor.
And anyone who didn't make the Dec. 15 last day at The Windmill missed a really fun experience as well as some great deals. I want to thank the local merchants for hanging in there this season.