1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. warm milk
2 tbsp. oil

CHEESE-SALAMI FILLING:

2 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. each Romano & Parmesan cheese
2 c. grated Mozzarella cheese
1 scant c. finely diced salami

Combine flour and salt. In another bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm milk, sprinkling with a pinch of sugar. Add yeast mixture with the oil and egg to the flour. Mix together until dough is soft but not sticky. Set aside. Beat together all filling ingredients. Set aside. Cut dough in half. Roll each half into an 11" circle. Place 1 round in a 9" to 10" pie or cake pan. Fill with cheese mixture. Top with other round. Crimp edges to seal. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

FingerLakes1.com
#618146 --- 08/12/07 09:25 PM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Gracias!

We have an entire stick of salami from our last shipment and I was wondering what to do with it!

Thx Lus!

#621116 --- 08/17/07 01:27 AM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I actually made this pie tonight. It looked like it came out great (the crust is pretty gorgeous and it's a CINCH to throw together - good one to know). Of course, I'm sick as a dog and have no appetite whatsoever, so I sent the pie ahead with JP to a party that I'm missing RIGHT NOW which sucks big time. I'll let you know, Lus, how it was received.

For the record, the recipe doesn't call for any seasoning whatsoever but the photo shows some kind of herbs. I added some fresh basil and some cracked pepper. Also, garlic.

#621136 --- 08/17/07 04:18 AM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: past tense]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
Sounds like the perfect additions. I have to say PT, your skills have taken some tremendous leaps considering that it was not too long ago that you were asking for recipes and help for cooking ANYTHING! When you decide you're gonna learn to do something you really DO it! You go girl!

#621437 --- 08/17/07 01:22 PM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: HeavenlyPlaces]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Hey, thanks! I had a lot of time to learn once I got to AK ;\) Those early winter days were looooooooooong ones!

Everyone at the party liked the pie so thanks for the recipe Lusi! That crust really was nice - it got nice and big and puffy. [enter crude joke here, lus]

#622274 --- 08/18/07 09:52 PM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: past tense]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
nice..big...and puffy....

I am gonna have one made..

Glad they enjoyed it, it does sound yummy.....it is good to hear of your honed domesticated skill....

#622321 --- 08/18/07 10:55 PM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Yes! I even swept the floors and did laundry today.

Next time I make this pie I'm doing it with spinach and sun-dried tomato.

#628376 --- 08/27/07 10:29 AM Re: New York Alaskan Salami and Pepperoni Pie [Re: past tense]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
My grandmother makes salami pie for Easter, but it's made with basket cheese and bacon, as if the salami didn't have enough cholesterol on its own.