FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#609965 --- 07/27/07 01:47 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
fingerlakeslover Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
ah well, it's Friday...my day to end the circumcision debate, lol. Cut, uncut...mutilation, not mutilation.....just thank goodness for penises!!

FingerLakes1.com
#609966 --- 07/27/07 01:48 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Well, while we are on the topic...if circumcision is mutilation, what is say, having your tubes tied or a vasectomy? Just curious, not arguing.

#609967 --- 07/27/07 01:50 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Usually those are not mostly for cosmetic reasons and hopefully you are an adult making the choice when that is done.

#609968 --- 07/27/07 01:50 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Well, if it you look at it with LESS stimulation if cut, would more men like that better to extend the duration of erection?

And why do I feel like I am being naughty on the forum?

#609970 --- 07/27/07 01:52 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Della]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Della
Usually those are not mostly for cosmetic reasons and hopefully you are an adult making the choice when that is done.

No doubt they should ONLY be decided as an adult. But, they can have the same effects, decreased sex drive, decreased lubrication, etc.

#609973 --- 07/27/07 01:55 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
There are a variety of straightforward, proven medical reasons (more convincing, or more medically defensible) for those procedures. Also, they aren't "cosmetic" as Della points out - they are internal. While I suppose any procudure that changes your body - heart transplant, removal of a lung, etc. could be considered "mutilation" those procedures aren't done "because that's how it's done".

#609977 --- 07/27/07 01:59 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I dont think ANY procedure done to a human being should be done because "that is how it is done". My ex and I discussed the procedure and did not make up our mind right away. It just came down to he was circumcized, he wanted them to be. After me researching studies on pain felt by the infant, infections from vs not having them done, etc. Believe it or not, I was not sure if we should or should not.

That is why I said it is a decision to be made by parents together.

#609979 --- 07/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Definitely the parents should decide, but I think in the years since you had your sons circumcised research has shown that the "health benefits" of circumcision aren't as "cut and dried" (no pun intended, I swear! lol) as were once thought...that's why I think it's such a relevant topic today. Especially if we are removing extremely sensitive tissue - tissue that would be comparable to clitoral tissue in a woman - then it makes the issue a little, um, fuzzier...

I'm having a hard time picking adjectives here...

#609985 --- 07/27/07 02:08 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Actually, my sons were born around the time the medical community dubbed them "medically unnecesary". My ex was in the Army, I had one son in a military hospital, they would not do the procedure there. We had to take him to a doc off post, and the waiting list was THREE MONTHS!

The second was born off base (Ft Devons MA did not have a labor and delivery floor) and was done the day after he was born. They took him from me, and about two hours later, they were not back with him. I walked down, and saw the *snip* just as I walked into the nursery area. I about passed out. Cried...cried and cried again. They assured me he was fine. I just didn't like blood, (I wasn't a nurse then...lol).

#609986 --- 07/27/07 02:10 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Three months!

Jeez.

#609988 --- 07/27/07 02:11 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Originally Posted By: past tense
What better way to spend a rainy afternoon...discussing penises.

I can think of only ONE better way to spend a rainy day with penises...other than discussing them, of course...

lol

Funny, I had the same thought....

I am thinking I should leave Sky's and go back to my guy friend's for more "research".....hehehehehe.

Ahem, for the good of the debate...of course. ;\)

#609992 --- 07/27/07 02:19 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
I have never seen a clown show his foreskin...now THAT would be creepy!

OMG......LMAO.

#609996 --- 07/27/07 02:31 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Yetta Nother]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
I would like to do more research on this as well.

#610150 --- 07/27/07 09:09 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
MorganHills Offline

Loc: On a tangent
o man, we need to tip a cuppla wines for this discussion,,,if I cruise up to AK we'll do er ;\)

#610177 --- 07/27/07 10:16 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Temporarily Assigned
Originally Posted By: past tense
Definitely the parents should decide, but I think in the years since you had your sons circumcised research has shown that the "health benefits" of circumcision aren't as "cut and dried" (no pun intended, I swear! lol) as were once thought...that's why I think it's such a relevant topic today. Especially if we are removing extremely sensitive tissue - tissue that would be comparable to clitoral tissue in a woman - then it makes the issue a little, um, fuzzier...

I'm having a hard time picking adjectives here...

Come on now this is no laughing matter!!!

Show a little sensativity here please!

#610190 --- 07/27/07 11:35 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
I could not imagine it being anymore sensitive if I were UnC'd.....I'd never make it out of my pants...

#610240 --- 07/28/07 07:12 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
fingerlakeslover Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer
I could not imagine it being anymore sensitive if I were UnC'd.....I'd never make it out of my pants...

too funny!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7