FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 75 of 76 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 >
Topic Options
#763478 --- 03/02/08 04:49 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
seneca_lady Offline

Loc: seneca falls
i have no ill feelings about my ex... he has a harder life than me and i have the child ...i actually a couple times tried to help him .. but that is the enabler in me ...

FingerLakes1.com
#763481 --- 03/02/08 04:51 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Buddy]
seneca_lady Offline

Originally Posted By: Buddy
I hate to say it, but he still cares for his ex.

that is what i thought too when i read it buddy...

#763492 --- 03/02/08 05:23 PM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
Hey SL I learned that enabling does not make a person grow, it makes them a dependent. In this day we must all stand on our own. Kind of like you are. Good example for the child, Good job.

#763554 --- 03/02/08 07:53 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Buddy]
seneca_lady Offline

your absolutly right there buddy i dont want another dependent either ... when my child has grown and moved out . she is 13 ... i am going on a celebration cruise .. of a job well done ..no regrets , no hard feelings , just total satifaction knowing i have done all i could ... then my life will begin ...

#763563 --- 03/02/08 08:13 PM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
SL, you could start living a little now, and celebrate when she is on her own. Sitting back and waiting ain't all its cracked up to be, don't ask me how I know.

#763566 --- 03/02/08 08:15 PM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking

Good way of thinking, SL!

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

#763696 --- 03/03/08 04:05 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
sparky's back Offline

Loc: At Home..in the kitchen!!
Originally Posted By: seneca_lady
your absolutly right there buddy i dont want another dependent either ... when my child has grown and moved out . she is 13 ... i am going on a celebration cruise .. of a job well done ..no regrets , no hard feelings , just total satifaction knowing i have done all i could ... then my life will begin ...

Don't wait..believe me..don't wait ;\)

#763757 --- 03/03/08 06:14 AM Re: under the weather [Re: sparky's back]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
I agree, with Buddy and Sparks, don't wait, SL. Enjoy life NOW, it will not only be good for you, but your daughter as well.

#763765 --- 03/03/08 06:29 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

I agree with you guys too. My clapping hands was really for the above bold print.

you're not livin

#763768 --- 03/03/08 06:31 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
trust me any vacation you go on - your daughter will be on her own vacation away from you and will probably have just as much fun! I finally broke down and took a cruise without kids...felt awful guilty as I am agreeing to do this without them. First chance I got to speak to them while I was away - they were having a great time! Now, they can't wait for me to plan another week away...wish the cash flowed a little faster - because I could use another cruise...or all-inclusive...aw heck, anywhere with a masseuse and a Mai Tai!

#763775 --- 03/03/08 06:38 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Hmmmmm.... a Mai Tai sounds awful good right about now

you're not livin

#763789 --- 03/03/08 07:05 AM Re: under the weather [Re: LOTE]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: ~livinontheedge~

I agree with you guys too. My clapping hands was really for the above bold print.

And that clapping is well deserved. One single Mom to another, it ain't easy. But the rewards are watching them spread their wings and go off on their own.

Don;t worry...they know their way back...for laundry, "grocery shopping" from your cupboards...etc.

#763802 --- 03/03/08 07:22 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Strawberry Jam]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Augh...I wish mine was close enough to take food from my cupboards, drop off laundry AND of course, drop off my granddaughter

Edited by ~livinontheedge~ (03/03/08 07:22 AM)

you're not livin

#764201 --- 03/04/08 06:41 AM Re: under the weather [Re: LOTE]
Where's the love Offline

aww...I just did the road trip over the weekend to get a dose of "my baby". My brother has a baby - absolutely beautiful. I spent the weekend at his house babysitting - then spent Sunday afternoon at Babies R US buying her goodies that I thought she needed! I was worried that she was going to throw a fit and my brother would find me rolled in a ball mumbling to myself in a corner, but she was an angel! She made me laugh [something I really needed] the whole weekend! This weekend is her 1st b'day...can't wait to spoil her rotten! Other people's babies are great!

#764204 --- 03/04/08 06:47 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Good for you!! Glad you had a fun time. Babies tend to bring out the smiles, don't they?

My daughter text messaged a picture and a "Hi Granny" from my granddaughter yesterday. It was an AWWWWWE moment!!

you're not livin

#764268 --- 03/04/08 08:33 AM Re: under the weather [Re: LOTE]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I love time with my grandsons. It is hard right now, though. I cannot pick up the baby and he gets soooooo mad at me when I don't. The other day at his bday party, he grabbed my hands and pulled with all his might and growled! LOL
His Papa had to get him because he was about throw a tantrum. I swear, he is growing in leaps and bounds. I bet by the time I can pick up 20#, he will weigh 25#...and will continue to do that through my healing time. Dang kids!

#764520 --- 03/04/08 03:37 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Strawberry Jam]
seneca_lady Offline

well is everyone ready for the winter that snuck back in today ?
i got gas in my car , milk ,snow in food , (just in case )animal food ... dont want hungry animals around when i am home ...oh and some miller lite hehehehe snuck that in ....

#764530 --- 03/04/08 04:06 PM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Saphire Offline

Loc: Through the Looking Glass
I need gas too...And I am not looking forward to driving to Rochester in the morning.....

#764854 --- 03/05/08 05:45 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Saphire]
Where's the love Offline

I didn't hear the tap tap of the rain through the night so I "ass-umed" nothing much happened...wrong, it's tap tapping on the other side of the house...
I filled up the gas tank last night...if it werent for a union grievance this morning - I'd just work from home.
Becareful everyone...

#764858 --- 03/05/08 06:00 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

We had just rain and it is still raining here. My son's car is not coated in ice, so that is a good sign for him when he goes to work this morning.

I am almost tempted to head out for a walk in the rain, but with my luck, it would turn to ice a block from home.

Page 75 of 76 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 >