FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 76 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
#612794 --- 08/02/07 07:37 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
Red High Heels Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
I'm right there with ya. Curve balls or boomerangs - eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!! Whatever they are, everything comes right back to hit me in the a##. GROWL!!! You know WTL, that's what I started doing after my last relationship - #1 myself and my kids. I had many nights/weekends where I just sat home alone, sad, lonely and depressed. I still do at times, but am getting better at trying to stay busy, even if it's going out at 9:00 p.m. and taking a walk for some fresh air. I told my oldest daughter I was never dating again, I'd grow old alone and miserable - she got upset w/me and told me not to give up. WOW -that was an eye opener. So, here I go again - date this weekend...nervous - but heck at least I'm getting out and moving forward and I can make the decisions if I want to continue seeing this person. I hope the best for you - keep your chin up and keep trudging through the crap - I'm certain there has to be a reward at the end of all the wallowing.

FingerLakes1.com
#612880 --- 08/02/07 10:12 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Red High Heels]
Anonymous
Unregistered

we could all start a thread about the traumas we've been through, seems like the more we give, the more someone takes- is it my turn yet to take? It's just not in our nature- hard to sort out those user/looser people though, but somewhere there is a good one just waiting for a nice woman or man to come along- like sorting through the recycle bin tho! ;\) \:\)

#612888 --- 08/02/07 10:28 AM Re: under the weather [Re: ]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
I know what all of you mean, and I have been there ,too. More times than I want to count. Right now, I couldn't complain too much, but this damn cold is making me cranky and miserable. One minute I am feeling better, the next more crappy than the day before. I am hoping it is on the downslide and I will soon have kicked it completely out of my system.

I am drinking fluids, using steam, even eating chicken noodle soup with LOTS of pepper. My sinuses finally opened up, but I am starting to get depressed as I ahve a bday to go to this weekend for my special friend. I dont wanna be sick!

#612912 --- 08/02/07 11:38 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
I am sure what your special friend has in mind will cure what ails ya. SBJ maybe you need a good sweat to get you feeling better. JMO. LOL

#612938 --- 08/02/07 12:46 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Buddy]
seneca_lady Offline

Loc: seneca falls
a good sweat never hurt anyone ,,, but then there are always strings attached .. good luck with that!

#613339 --- 08/03/07 06:14 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
just curious...but how many of us are feeling the blues because of a man? money? etc.?

I hate to admit this - but my man really makes me feel "dumpy". He comes home, eats, hits the couch and sleeps, gets up works and does the same thing all over again! If I want a little (okay a lot by his terms) extra - I have to initiate it in the middle of the night so that he has no clue what hit him! Is this right? NOOOOO!!! is it satisfying - NOT really. It's all one sided and I am so flippin' frustrated. The man loves me, this I know. But is this how I want to spend my PRIME years. NO. I've never cheated on anyone in my life - but let me say, the thought has occurred to me. I feel like crap thinking this way and it truly brings me down. at this rate I'm gonna end up an alcoholic, sex starved old bat by the time I am 42.
Where's the LOVIN'?????

#613340 --- 08/03/07 06:14 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Where's the love Offline

just curious...but how many of us are feeling the blues because of a man? money? etc.?

I hate to admit this - but my man really makes me feel "dumpy". He comes home, eats, hits the couch and sleeps, gets up works and does the same thing all over again! If I want a little (okay a lot by his terms) extra - I have to initiate it in the middle of the night so that he has no clue what hit him! Is this right? NOOOOO!!! is it satisfying - NOT really. It's all one sided and I am so flippin' frustrated. The man loves me, this I know. But is this how I want to spend my PRIME years. NO. I've never cheated on anyone in my life - but let me say, the thought has occurred to me. I feel like crap thinking this way and it truly brings me down. at this rate I'm gonna end up an alcoholic, sex starved old bat by the time I am 42.
Where's the LOVIN'?????

#613343 --- 08/03/07 06:18 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
Damned if I know

#613352 --- 08/03/07 06:30 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
seneca_lady Offline

Originally Posted By: Where's the love

Where's the LOVIN'?????

wheres the love ? wtl

#613369 --- 08/03/07 07:52 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Red High Heels Offline

And...you know what's even more depressing - just when you think it has to only be him that is that way - then we are rudely awakened to find out - they're all like that!!!

#613398 --- 08/03/07 08:32 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Red High Heels]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

I can attest all men are not like that, they do it because they are selfish. You have let the world revolve around them. Now at least get back to where you started. Let them be the aggressor, and let them see the other side. JMO

#613407 --- 08/03/07 08:44 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Buddy]
Red High Heels Offline

Yeah, Buddy - you're probably right. I've been there done that tho...and it just doesn't seem to matter to them. They'd rather have their booze and sleep (???) It's just about finding the RIGHT MAN!!!

#613416 --- 08/03/07 08:57 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Red High Heels]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Well....when you all have a man like the one I had you will understand what it actually feels like to feel "dumpy". I cannot win for anything at all. My kindness has been tested and so has my faith. I think.... who do you blame the person behaving like this or the person who put up with the bahavior? I cannot change the behavior.....I had come to that conclusion along time ago. I beat myself up enough....I don't need someone else to beat me up as well.

#613822 --- 08/03/07 11:43 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Yetta Nother]
Where's the love Offline

I can attest that all men are like that. I have yet to meet the man that doesn't have what he wants come first. I am way to giving -- in all aspects of a relationship. i don't ask for money, cars, jewelry or vacations. it sucks honestly to own jewelry that was given by another man that you no longer can wear. I buy everything I want. I pay for everything. I ask for nothing - well accept for an attentive partner. c'mon - where's the love? When will I get what I deserve?
Hello....perfect man - where are you??? (obviously, I've had way to much to drink to make sense.) one more scotch - I feel like passing out~

#613824 --- 08/04/07 12:13 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

I will repeat all men aren't A-holes. You must just be attracted to that type.

#613928 --- 08/04/07 09:14 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Buddy]
Where's the love Offline

yep, you are probably right!

#613945 --- 08/04/07 10:01 AM Re: under the weather [Re: Where's the love]
seneca_lady Offline

i too am way to giving and dont ask for much in return ... i had a night of being irrisponcible and it felt real good . but this morning reality hit me in the face. and i will pay literly on payday next week ....but it felt good to have a screw-it-all attitude .. too bad you cant stay drunk forever.....haha though many have tried ...

#613968 --- 08/04/07 11:53 AM Re: under the weather [Re: seneca_lady]
Sunshine2007 Offline

Loc: My little slice of heaven
I don't think it so much a trend of being attracted to men like that but most men (and women I might add) like this are very manipulative. They promise the world and act wonderful until they got you hooked and then they keep manipulating so they can be selfish.

#613981 --- 08/04/07 12:36 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Sunshine2007]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Just drink until you puke or pass out......everthing will be fine....

#614030 --- 08/04/07 05:41 PM Re: under the weather [Re: Sunshine2007]
seneca_lady Offline

Originally Posted By: Sunshine2007
I don't think it so much a trend of being attracted to men like that but most men (and women I might add) like this are very manipulative. They promise the world and act wonderful until they got you hooked and then they keep manipulating so they can be selfish.

that is it you hit the nail on the head

Page 3 of 76 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 75 76 >