FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#609844 --- 07/27/07 10:53 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Yetta Nother]
fingerlakeslover Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
lolol, my sentiments exactly, yetta

FingerLakes1.com
#609846 --- 07/27/07 10:55 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
I have never seen a clown show his foreskin...now THAT would be creepy!

#609853 --- 07/27/07 11:03 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
especially if it was a vertically challenged clown showing his foreskin!

#609855 --- 07/27/07 11:04 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Della]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
You ladies must all know him then, LMAO

#609869 --- 07/27/07 11:19 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Buddy]
fingerlakeslover Offline

ok, now my clown nightmares are not only scary but perverted...ewwwww

#609877 --- 07/27/07 11:38 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
I would guess most of you from Seneca Falls know him quite well. HE HE, he is a character

#609886 --- 07/27/07 11:59 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Buddy]
fingerlakeslover Offline

know who? of course, I'm not from Seneca Falls so not sure who you're talking about, buddy \:\(

#609906 --- 07/27/07 12:29 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Originally Posted By: past tense
Which has pretty much been debunked. All you have to do is clean it. Is it that tough to clean? It can't take more than an extra 60 seconds.

Not completely "debunked". I have had to take care of elderly male patients that have had to have circumcision done because they had NOT kept it clean.

Exaaaaaaaaaactly. "Because they had not kept it clean".

Keep it clean - need to mutilate eliminated.

#609907 --- 07/27/07 12:29 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: MorganHills]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: MorganHills
foreskin ain't no baby PT

Neither is a zygote, MH.

#609908 --- 07/27/07 12:30 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Gio]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Gio
Because people think of mutilation as a bloody corpse hacked to pieces and stuck in a blender or something like that. A violent act of anger and hatred.

People think of - key phrase.

#609911 --- 07/27/07 12:35 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Which has pretty much been debunked. All you have to do is clean it. Is it that tough to clean? It can't take more than an extra 60 seconds.

Not completely "debunked". I have had to take care of elderly male patients that have had to have circumcision done because they had NOT kept it clean.

Exaaaaaaaaaactly. "Because they had not kept it clean".

Keep it clean - need to mutilate eliminated.

Unfortunately, many elderly forget the necessity in keeping it clean.

#609913 --- 07/27/07 12:38 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

So we should mutilate babies because in 80 years they might forget to clean it?

I'm still not convinced.

#609919 --- 07/27/07 12:44 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I am not trying to convince you, PT. As I said, it is is a personal choice to be made by the parents of the baby boy, not society. If you chose to have a child that turned out be male, and not have it circumcized, that is your perogative and I would not question it.

Most circumcisions done today are decided by the parents, and most decisions are based on what the father is: cut or uncut. Simple as that.

#609923 --- 07/27/07 12:53 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm just starting to think about it since I'd have to make a decision if I had a child. I have no idea how JP feels about it to be honest, but I'm sure he'd want a male child to look like him. To me, that's not a good reason to lop off the end of a child's penis.

Other than religious reasons I can't really fathom why we still continue this practice. And even then "religious reasons" seems - scary. Especially when you consider that a Jewish circumcision is performed by a mohel, in a home during a bris, not a doctor in a hospital.

I'm just trying to think this out, basically.

#609927 --- 07/27/07 01:00 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Truthfully, PT, most of the guys I know that are cut are very happy that they were cut as infants. The general consensus is it is much cleaner and there is less chance of smell. Even during the course of a hot day, sweating in your clothing, an uncut penis is a breeding ground and gets pretty nasty pretty quick.

We actually had this conversation the other night in the local gay bar that I frequent. Pretty much everyone there said they would rather be cut then uncut.

I should also add, the ones that like the uncut, like the funky smell that goes with an unclean uncut penis.

Edited by TRD_Tacoma (07/27/07 01:01 PM)

#609928 --- 07/27/07 01:01 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
fingerlakeslover Offline

I'm just starting to think about it since I'd have to make a decision if I had a child. I have no idea how JP feels about it to be honest, but I'm sure he'd want a male child to look like him. To me, that's not a good reason to lop off the end of a child's penis.

Other than religious reasons I can't really fathom why we still continue this practice. And even then "religious reasons" seems - scary. Especially when you consider that a Jewish circumcision is performed by a mohel, in a home during a bris, not a doctor in a hospital.

I'm just trying to think this out, basically.

they are not "lopping of the end" of the penis...they are removing some of the foreskin...in my opinion, this is not mutilation..it is a surgical procedure done which has no ill effect on a man as he ages...he is able to perform sexually, able to orgasm, he is able to impregnate, able to urinate....when done in a woman, this I consider to be mutilation...it is done forcibly, the woman may most likely never bear children due to scarring and infections, she is unable to climax and of course, may never have sex. Like I said...my opinion

#609930 --- 07/27/07 01:07 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I know that in your opinion it is not mutilation, however it IS mutilation. Permanent physical disfigurement is mutilation. Just like a piercing or a tattoo is mutilation - perhaps not the "limb chopped off by a machete in Rwanda" style mutilation you are thinking of - it is mutilation. "Mutilation" is not necessarily done by force, without consent, etc. I voluntarily mutilated my body six times with various piercings.

I think the problem some of you are having is getting past the sort of value-laden term "mutilation" when it's not really as value laden as you think.

Also, I'd ask men whose circumcisions were botched if there were "no ill effects" before you write circumcision off as a harmless procedure.

#609931 --- 07/27/07 01:10 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

It will boil down to you and JP making that decision together, PT. Only you and he can make the decision and noone should judge you for it either way.

But, to be clear, no "lopping off of the end of the penis" is occuring. It is a flap of skin, not part of the penis, that is being removed.

#609932 --- 07/27/07 01:16 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Strawberry Jam]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It's NOT a part of the penis?

I'm pretty sure my uncut friends would disagree with that.

We don't plan on having kids but if we did, and we had a boy, I think it would be hard for me to decide.

Not that I take everything on the I-net to be true, but I found this interesting at this link:

http://www.math.missouri.edu/~rich/MGM/primer.html

"A typical western medical circumcision results in the loss of approximately 1/2 of the total surface area of the penis and between 50 and 80% or more of its erogenous sexual nerves, [8, 9, 10] including:

The Taylor "ridged band" [sometimes called the "frenar band"], the primary erogenous zone of the male body. This unique, highly specialized and exquisitely sensitive structure is equipped with soft ridges designed by nature to stimulate the female's inner labia and G-spot during intercourse.

The frenulum, the highly erogenous V-shaped tethering structure on the underside of the head of the penis.

Between 10,000 and 20,000 specialized erotogenic nerve endings of several types, which can feel slight variations in pressure and stretching, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations in texture.

Thousands of coiled fine-touch receptors called Meissner's corpuscles, which are also found in the fingertips.
Also lost are:

The foreskin's gliding action, the non-abrasive gliding of the shaft of the penis within its own sheath, which facilitates smooth, comfortable and pleasurable intercourse for both partners.

The "subpreputual wetness" which protects the mucosa of the glans (and inner foreskin), and which contains immunoglobulin antibodies and antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as the pathogen-killing enzyme lysozyme, a potent HIV killer which is also found in tears and mothers' milk.

Estrogen receptors, the purpose of which is not fully understood.

The foreskin's apocrine glands, which produce pheromones.

The protection and lubrication of the erogenous surface of the penis, which is designed by nature to be an internal organ like the vagina. Natural sex involves contact between two internal organs. [11] "

Not part of the penis?

#609933 --- 07/27/07 01:23 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I gotta say, from personal experience...none of the circumcized men I have known have complained about any of that. ;\)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >