FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#608504 --- 07/24/07 11:14 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
This is just my opinion but if men weren't circumcised as babies they would not have it done when they get older even if they wanted to be cicrumcised. Men are babies when it comes to any pain in that area.

FingerLakes1.com
#608509 --- 07/24/07 11:18 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Carerinoa]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Actually, if I had not been circumcised as a baby, I would have had it done as an adult. I just don't like the looks of uncircumcised and I am too much of a clean freak to deal with all the care it requires when uncircumcised.

#608510 --- 07/24/07 11:18 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Carerinoa]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
While likely true on the whole, it's not entirely true. Some men who did not have it done as an infant have had it done as adults. But you are right - by and large it is something that most adult men would not have electively.

#608512 --- 07/24/07 11:19 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

But TRD, if you hadn't been uncircumcised as a child you might not have your current aversion to the uncircumsized penis. It's simply what you're used to.

#608518 --- 07/24/07 11:24 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

No, I can honestly say, there is no way I would want to deal with all the upkeep to keeping it clean. An uncircumcised member gets nasty very quickly.

#608522 --- 07/24/07 11:26 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

LOL

I say you're still reaching, and you can't possibly know how you'd feel about your ween other than how you feel about it now, but I suppose that's fair enough.

None of my uncut friends seem to have a problem keeping it clean, though. For example, it never took my uncut roommate in college any longer in the bathroom that my cut roommates.

#608526 --- 07/24/07 11:29 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

That's because they were all playing with their fav. toy! lol

#608567 --- 07/24/07 12:38 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Originally Posted By: past tense
LOL

I say you're still reaching, and you can't possibly know how you'd feel about your ween other than how you feel about it now, but I suppose that's fair enough.

None of my uncut friends seem to have a problem keeping it clean, though. For example, it never took my uncut roommate in college any longer in the bathroom that my cut roommates.

My o My....quite a bunch of Johnson friends you have there....

Maybe as a young stud it isn't a problem keeping the underware lint out from underneath the hood but as you age and get older it does become a problem as smegma and more frequent urination become a breeding ground for yeast carrying puss.....

#608579 --- 07/24/07 12:47 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't bring myself to put in those terms...yuck!

#608580 --- 07/24/07 12:51 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Good thing we can always count on Lusi!!

#608594 --- 07/24/07 01:13 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

In college I lived with three men (and two women) my first year off-campus and four men my last year on campus. I've mentioned one of my roommates was from Greece, and he was not (and still is not) circumcised. We had many a conversation about snipping vs. not. As we all know, snipping is not widely practiced (culturally) outside of the US - it's a religious rite for Jewish males, but there is really no "reason" outside of that to perform a disfiguring surgery on a newborn infant. It perpetuates mainly because people want their children's johnsons to match their daddy's.

Why is female circumcision an unacceptable cultural practice and male circumcision acceptable? It confuses me. Even if female circumcision is performed in a sterile environment we decry it as a practice but no one bats an eye as the foreskin is removed from hundreds - thousands? - of male infants every day.

#608623 --- 07/24/07 01:48 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Ok, I will admit my ignorance here. When the circumcise a woman, what exactly are they removing?

#608631 --- 07/24/07 02:00 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

A female circumcision can involve one more more of the following:

removal of the "hood" over the clitoris* I forgot about this one - but it's listed in Wikipedia

removal of the clitoris and part or whole of the labia

sewing closed (to varying degrees) the vaginal opening

Now, I understand that a male circumcision does not prevent orgasm the way a female circucision does, but regardless they are both genital mutilation.

Edited by past tense (07/24/07 02:01 PM)

#608637 --- 07/24/07 02:10 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
fingerlakeslover Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer
LOL

My o My....quite a bunch of Johnson friends you have there....

Maybe as a young stud it isn't a problem keeping the underware lint out from underneath the hood but as you age and get older it does become a problem as smegma and more frequent urination become a breeding ground for yeast carrying puss.....

vomits

#608803 --- 07/24/07 09:45 PM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...

removal of the "hood" over the clitoris* I forgot about this one - but it's listed in Wikipedia

Now, I understand that a male circumcision does not prevent orgasm the way a female circucision does, but regardless they are both genital mutilation.

These are two completely different procedures and result in two completely different affects. You cannot compare them as similiar when they are so different. I will say hood removal is probally closest to male circumcision. Call it genital mutilation (male circumcision), I call it advanced civilized grooming.

If you really believed this then explain why you shave your legs........

#608826 --- 07/25/07 12:20 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It's not comparing apples and oranges - it's a permanent disfigurement to one's genital area. Circumcision of males IS genital mutilation. Shaving one's legs is not permanent - and how do you know that I do?

#608922 --- 07/25/07 07:39 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Thanks PT. I was kind of thinking that was the case, but I wasn't sure.

Based on what is done to a female, it sounds like it is done to a girl in order to prevent her from being sexually active or sexually appealing.

#608923 --- 07/25/07 07:41 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

It's not comparing apples and oranges - it's a permanent disfigurement to one's genital area. Circumcision of males IS genital mutilation. Shaving one's legs is not permanent - and how do you know that I do?

I'm not sure I would call male circumcision a disfirgurement. I personally like the way I look with the circumcision. Actually, all my gay male friends prefer a nice circumcised one over an uncut one.

#608967 --- 07/25/07 09:19 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
fingerlakeslover Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
I'm with you, Tacoma. It's not disfiguring for a male in the least. When done to a woman, on the other hand, it is not only disfiguring but can be deadly. I watched a show on TV a few years ago where a women from Africa had this done to her...she was only 12 at the time and was taken from her home to a secluded area, accompanied by her mother as well, who participated in this. She was sewn closed using a long thorn from a bush and string. This was done to many young women to prevent them having sex. Their clitoris was cut off, as well. Many died from infection.

#608990 --- 07/25/07 10:50 AM Re: Circumcision key to curbing AIDS spread [Re: fingerlakeslover]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I don't understand how anyone can say that male circumcision isn't mutilation. You are permanently altering a body part to appear in a way different than nature, or God, or what/whoever intended it to look. If it were "meant" to look that way you'd be born that way. Whether you agree with the practice or not, it is genital mutilation.

And of course most people "prefer" the look of a circumcised penis - it's what they are used to. That's like wondering why most American men "prefer" a woman who shaves her legs and under her arms - it's what they're used to.

Edited by past tense (07/25/07 10:52 AM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >