FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#599630 --- 07/05/07 07:09 AM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: BraveHeart]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Good job and good luck all.

9 months and 19 days smoke free.....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

FingerLakes1.com
#599635 --- 07/05/07 07:17 AM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: Gio]
groucho Offline

I appreciate that ex-smokers should be congratulated for quiting. I'm still curious how many used Chantix, like I asked at the beginning, and how easy it may have made it for these people.

#599636 --- 07/05/07 07:17 AM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: Gio]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Loc: TOV Seneca Falls
Good job Gio !
AMF

#599664 --- 07/05/07 08:27 AM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: Della]
~Ellie~ Offline

Loc: FL1 Auxiliary Member 506
Originally Posted By: Della
They only took it a month. Maybe I'll ask for 3 months!!

Go the whole 3 months, I used zyban for a month but was suppose to use it for 3...I did start back up and I think it was because I got off too soon. Then a few years later I took welbutrin for 3 months and I've been smoke free for 3+ years.

#599840 --- 07/05/07 01:22 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: groucho]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Originally Posted By: groucho
I appreciate that ex-smokers should be congratulated for quiting. I'm still curious how many used Chantix, like I asked at the beginning, and how easy it may have made it for these people.

Sorry.

I did not use Chantix. The people I know who did use Chantix never followed the directions for the drug and are all back to smoking. A few smokers I know tried the patch and also are all back to smoking. One of my friends did get hypnotized and is still smoke free going on 3 years but he really wanted to quit where the others were doing it because of spousal nagging. I believe that is the major key as braveheart stated previously.

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#599844 --- 07/05/07 01:25 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: Gio]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

I did not use chantix, wellbuterin , nicotine patches, and support from my family.
AMF

#599877 --- 07/05/07 01:57 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: BraveHeart]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Post deleted by FL1 Mod

#599881 --- 07/05/07 02:03 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Post deleted by FL1 Mod
AMF

#599884 --- 07/05/07 02:07 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: BraveHeart]
groucho Offline

Post deleted by FL1 Mod

#599887 --- 07/05/07 02:09 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: groucho]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Post deleted by FL1 Mod

Edited by BraveHeart (07/05/07 02:09 PM)
AMF

#599936 --- 07/05/07 03:10 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: BraveHeart]
mangamia Offline

Loc: NY,USA
hey all, congrats to everyone who has quit smoking!
First of all, I smoked for 30 yrs. I tried lots of things to stop...well, when I say tried, I mean tried for others, like my family who wanted me to stop, but I was not ready, it seems. I finally decided to try the Chantix...it worked. I can't believe it, but it worked, and it wasn't difficult at all. It made me nauseous at times, usually right after taking it, but that eased off in 20 min. or so. They say to stick with it for 6 months if you were a heavy smoker. Well, made it two months smoke-free, and in my fourth month of taking Chantix, I stopped it and I'm still feeling really good about stopping. Yes, an occasional urge hits during the day, usually after dinner, but it quickly goes away. No withdrawal symptoms....unbelievable!

#599948 --- 07/05/07 03:19 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: mangamia]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Post deleted by FL1 Mod

#599949 --- 07/05/07 03:20 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix *DELETED* [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Post deleted by FL1 Mod
AMF

#600112 --- 07/05/07 11:54 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: BraveHeart]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
i use chantix firm believer in it .

#600164 --- 07/06/07 07:08 AM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: reilley]
groucho Offline

Originally Posted By: reilley
i use chantix firm believer in it .

How long have you been on Chantix and how were the side effects? Were you highly motivated to quit or, like me, just knew you should?

#600296 --- 07/06/07 12:03 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: groucho]
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
I've been taking it for about 2 1/2 months. Side effects for me were MESSED UP dreams the first few nights, but that wore off. The other side effect was feeling sick to my stomach if I didn't have anything to eat right before, and sometimes nausea when smoking- which was fine with me! And no, I'm not highly motivated, just want to & know I should...

#600334 --- 07/06/07 12:45 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: Oompa]
mangamia Offline

groucho, I just stopped taking it three days ago. I used it for 3 1/2 months. I haven't smoked in over a month now. I wasn't extremely motivated to quit...my family was my big motivator, but I decided to give it a try. I can't believe how it worked. Yes, I did have nausea (no vomiting though), especially in the morning because I'm not a breakfast person. The evening dose was much better, just a little nausea, but it passed in 15-20 min. so no big deal. Cigarettes did not taste good (I smoked 1-2 cigarettes a day the first month on Chantix)...I didn't really even want them. So stopped buying them and never went out to get anymore after that. Didn't even want to scrounge for butts, lol. As Oompa said, the dreams are pretty vivid, but, lol...I kind of liked them...not nightmares, just dreams. Other than that, no other side effects. I hope you decide to try Chantix...and please don't give up if you get a little nauseous...it will pass. Good luck to you.

#600390 --- 07/06/07 01:27 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: mangamia]
groucho Offline

Oompa and mangamia, I appreciate your input. Zithromax is supposed to be tough on the stomach, but it never bothered me, so maybe I'll have an easier go. Chantix seems like a "too good to be true" medication, but have read online in other places, that it seems to work really well. As I mentioned before, I tried to quit with the patch & gum. Zyban has seizures for a possible side effect, which scared me off. Think I'll give the Dr a call next week. He's mentioned I should quit, but also knows how subborn I am. Ha

#600418 --- 07/06/07 02:01 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: groucho]
mangamia Offline

honestly, groucho...it does seem to good to be true, but darnit it works! I tried other methods before too. I never went 5 hrs. without having a cigarette with those. Put the patch on, take it off, have a butt, put it back on...etc etc...crazy, but that's an addict! With this, I didn't even want to try to have one. I don't have a sensitive stomach either, but Chantix did cause nausea...maybe you will be lucky and not have that...but if you do, don't be surprised. A small price to pay to be smoke free! And it's not forever...you only use the Chantix 3 months...at the most 6 months for heavy smokers. Ya know what? I'm a stubborn one, too. But this one thing got me! lol, and I'm glad it did. Again, good luck to you.

#600455 --- 07/06/07 03:26 PM Re: Stopping smoking with Chantix [Re: mangamia]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I can't lie! I smoked a cigarette - well, I smoked a little of a cigarette. I had to see...and I hated it. It was so gross. I was pleased at how gross it was...I'm a little sorry I went ahead and did it, but I'm glad I know so...I don't know. I know now, though, that in the future when I think I want one I won't have it.

I did it without drugs but I also was only about a 1/2 pack a day when I quit. Are they for heavy smokers only or just any smokers?

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >