FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#595383 --- 06/26/07 02:40 PM Angelo Bianchi Pleads Guilty
Gold Member

Bianchi Pleads Guilty To Election Law Violation
posted by Greg Cotterill on Tuesday June 26th 3:26pm

Seneca County Republican Chairman Angelo Bianchi was charged Monday with violating election laws.

Bianchi plead guilty Monday night in Junius Town Court. Court documents accused Bianchi of collecting political donations totaling $5,450 from individuals and depositing the money into his personal account. Bianchi then used the money to make political contributions. The money was collected between January 2004 and December 2004.

Junius Town Justice Brian Laird fined Bianchi $100 and gave him a year conditional discharge. One of the conditions of the discharge is that Bianchi step down as the Seneca County Republican Chairman. He has until January next year to resign the leadership position.

State Police investigators would not comment on the case, instead referring questions to Steuben County District Attorney John Tunney. Tunney's secretary said he was unavailable until Thursday.

Edited by FL1 Staff (06/27/07 01:57 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#595385 --- 06/26/07 02:41 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

Will there be more?

#595387 --- 06/26/07 02:41 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
Holy crapezoid!

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

#595388 --- 06/26/07 02:42 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Loc: TOV Seneca Falls
Hmmmm for as sec i thought of the pervs pm's
AMF

#595389 --- 06/26/07 02:42 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Hmmmm for a sec i thought of the pervs pm's
AMF

#595393 --- 06/26/07 02:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: BraveHeart]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
If I didn't see it on the front page of FL1, I would wonder if you were making it up, Festus! Man, you are quick. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Too bad they can't gather the whole lot of politicians and make it a party.

#595394 --- 06/26/07 02:47 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: BraveHeart]
jayray Offline

Loc: in the woods
Is that All? Break the law and it costs you $100. A seat belt violation is more. Some deterrent!

#595404 --- 06/26/07 02:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: jayray]
Rigatoni Offline

Loc: On a plate
Having to step down is his big punishment. For a man like Angelo this is everything.

#595406 --- 06/26/07 02:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Rigatoni]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
I agree. The biggest punishment is publicity for a man like him.

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

#595410 --- 06/26/07 03:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: jayray]
W Casey McDonald Offline

Loc: Romulus
Originally Posted By: jayray
Is that All? Break the law and it costs you $100. A seat belt violation is more. Some deterrent!

The biggest punishment is removal from office. The SCRC By-laws make provisions for the removal of the Chairman based on "Any County Committee member or the Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of the County Committee may be removed by the County Committee for disloyalty to the party or corruption in office, upon petition upon written charges filed with the Secretary, after notice is given and a hearing has been conducted."

"corruption" shall include, but not be limited to, the taking or omitting of any act regarding or relating to the Party or any of its committees for money or other personal material benefit."

A link to the SCRC By-Laws is here: http://www.electrespect.org/bylaws.htm/

Now we shall see if the current SCRC can do the right thing and remove AB from his Chairmanship prior to the court ordered deadline. Hopefully they will do so before the Primary.

It takes 10 current SCRC members to initate the county committee agenda of discussion of the removal of the Chairman.

#595422 --- 06/26/07 03:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: W Casey McDonald]
ghost1 Offline

Loc: GET A FRIGIN JOB
THATS THE FIRST OF MANY MORE TO GO DOWN, AT LEAST THE NEW JAIL IS READY FOR EM ALL

#595455 --- 06/26/07 03:29 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ghost1]
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State
The fine should have been a multiple of the amount illegally placed in a personal account. That might get the attention of those who are engaged in such illegal acts.

#595505 --- 06/26/07 04:35 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: grinch]
amazed Offline

Congratulations CASEY
Soon you will be the County Chairman, Town Supervisor, Most likely the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, The head of the Sewer and Water Districts. You are the MOST POWERFULL person in Seneca County. The head of Elect Respect.
I can't wait till I get a chance to shake your hand.
Will you be running against Nozzolio next year?
Or will you finish your term as Chairman of the Board.

#595519 --- 06/26/07 04:52 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
racefan73 Offline

Loc: seneca-cayuga
Originally Posted By: Greymane
If I didn't see it on the front page of FL1, I would wonder if you were making it up, Festus! Man, you are quick. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Too bad they can't gather the whole lot of politicians and make it a party.
I agree with your statement. It is about time for Angelo to go. He should have been out years ago. The only thing that concerns me is does he have enough buddies on the committee to hold influence of the committee? A $100 dollar fine? Isn't what he did considered stealing? Regardless, if any of us did what he did, rest assured, we would have been hit harder. However, just seeing his name in the news is reward in itself. Maybe, more will fall like ghost1's post said.

#595572 --- 06/26/07 05:44 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: racefan73]
poohbear66 Offline

Loc: ny, usa
That fine is a joke! Yes he has plenty of influence with many people still on the committee, don't ever doubt that! He has been talking about stepping down now for 2 years do to health issues. This isn't as BIG as some on here have made it out to be-SC/Corruption fighter.

#595578 --- 06/26/07 06:03 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: poohbear66]
Schickadee Offline

Loc: Ithaca
Don't you think he is still LAUGHING that he had to pay a $100 fine? Yugh, let's bring on all the "little men" that dance around him to make sure he thinks he is important. It is not over until he is OUT of office. This is just the beginning of the embarrassment that SC has supported for representation for our futures.
What a FREAKING JOKE!

M Angelo

#595583 --- 06/26/07 06:19 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: racefan73]
Driver8 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
So all the 'corruption' and over a year of investigations amounts to a misdemeanor and a fine?

I wonder what this special prosecutor cost the taxpayers. Probably a lot more than Bianchi donated illegally.

#595585 --- 06/26/07 06:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty *DELETED* [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

Loc: My Mind
Post deleted by FL1 Staff

#595598 --- 06/26/07 06:47 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
And didn't the article say that he didn't have to resign until January?! Real punishment there, huh? What a joke...

#595602 --- 06/26/07 06:52 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Oompa]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: Oompa
And didn't the article say that he didn't have to resign until January?! Real punishment there, huh? What a joke...

I think Festus threw that one in there. Home page dosen't give a time frame

#595603 --- 06/26/07 06:53 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
I didn't read Festus' post. I read it on the front page...And the "updated" version isn't the one I read a little while ago. And after just reading the one Festus posted, that is what was on the front page... Hmmm...

Edited by Oompa (06/26/07 06:55 PM)

#595609 --- 06/26/07 06:59 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

Not sure. I just copied and pasted Greg C's post.

Edited by FL1 Staff (06/27/07 01:58 PM)

#595611 --- 06/26/07 07:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Oompa]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: Oompa
I didn't read Festus' post. I read it on the front page...And the "updated" version isn't the one I read a little while ago. And after just reading the one Festus posted, that is what was on the front page... Hmmm...

Many appologies to Festus from me....Somehting fishy goin on. They must be trying to get it right. 100 years in jail and stay out of politics ???

#595613 --- 06/26/07 07:05 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

Damn..I was pretty sure your post said the same as what Greg Wrote. They must have edited the part about Angelo be able to complete his term. It will be up in Jan.08,right

Edited by FL1 Staff (06/27/07 01:59 PM)

#595620 --- 06/26/07 07:35 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Bonehead Offline

Festus...I'm not positive, but I think they edit your post 2 times now, once shortly after you posted and again after 7pm

Edited by Bonehead (06/26/07 07:35 PM)

#595623 --- 06/26/07 07:43 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

Beats me. I shoulda known Greg C. wouldn't have it right the first try.

#595625 --- 06/26/07 07:45 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

I will say that I kinda hope there's somethin' a whole lot more than this comin' down the pike after all the time, money, and hoopla.

#595629 --- 06/26/07 07:47 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Bonehead
Festus...I'm not positive, but I think they edit your post 2 times now, once shortly after you posted and again after 7pm

Anyway - I have the original saved on my computer. If you want it, I can send it in a PM.

#595634 --- 06/26/07 07:52 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

You may want to keep it handy. SC viewers was up past the 80s could be a record

#595635 --- 06/26/07 07:55 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Festus!

Anyway - I have the original saved on my computer. If you want it, I can send it in a PM.

I save a lot on my computer too..just never know when things are going to go poof.

#595664 --- 06/26/07 09:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
W Casey McDonald Offline

They must have edited the part about Angelo be able to complete his term. It will be up in Jan.08,right

AB's term is up at the bi-annual reorganizational meeting of the SCRC held a few days after the September Primary. That's when the new leadership is elected. Apparently AB can run for Chairman at the reorg meeting but has to resign in January.

#595671 --- 06/26/07 09:18 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: W Casey McDonald]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: W Casey McDonald
[quote=Bonehead They must have edited the part about Angelo be able to complete his term. It will be up in Jan.08,right

AB's term is up at the bi-annual reorganizational meeting of the SCRC held a few days after the September Primary. That's when the new leadership is elected. Apparently AB can run for Chairman at the reorg meeting but has to resign in January. [/quote]

So if that can happen, your hoping it dosen't. Refering to your comment about the commitee stepping up to the plate and voting him out of the SCDC right?

#595673 --- 06/26/07 09:22 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
festuss Offline

Loc: New york
Festus....are you obsessed with this or what? Also, he was never "arrested" by the NYSP as you stated. According to the FL1 usage policy you can be removed for "posting any material which is knowingly false and or defamatory and innaccurate". Move on.

#595676 --- 06/26/07 09:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: festuss]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: festuss
Festus....are you obsessed with this or what? Also, he was never "arrested" by the NYSP as you stated. According to the FL1 usage policy you can be removed for "posting any material which is knowingly false and or defamatory and innaccurate". Move on.

Where did this come from???? I think someone hit the wrong button

#595683 --- 06/26/07 09:50 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
W Casey McDonald Offline

So if that can happen, your hoping it dosen't. Refering to your comment about the commitee stepping up to the plate and voting him out of the SCDC right?

Most of the current members of the SCRC, (Seneca County Republican Committee), will be challenged this primary. That means their will be an election in each Election District.

Once all candidates for the SCRC file their petitions on July 18, their names will become public record. What each candidate's stance is on re-election of AB, limiting proxy voting and changing Rule III of the SCRC By-Laws will become campaign issues. Elect Respect will do what we can to help inform the communtiy of the stance of all of the SCRC candidates on these key issues.

Then, on Septmeber 18, the Republican voters of each Election District will select their SCRC reps. The winners of the 27 election district races, 54 SCRC reps in total, will then meet in September or early October to have their bi-annual reorg meeting. We'll see if AB's name is even considered for the Chairmanship at that meeting. AB could resign his post before the Primary.

The current SCRC, before the Primary, could remove AB from the Chairmanship. A new Chairman could then be elected, but that Chairman would only serve until the reorg meeting held after the Primary. Then, anyone in the Republican Party who lives in Seneca County can be considered for the Chairmanship. Whoever is elected at the reorg meeting will hold that office for a two year term.

#595687 --- 06/26/07 10:02 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: W Casey McDonald]
Bonehead Offline

Thanks, DO keep us informed please....

#595697 --- 06/26/07 10:32 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: festuss]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools

This is what FL1 said:

"Seneca County Republican Chairman Angelo Bianchi was arrested Monday and charged with violating election laws."

So, maybe you should be bitching to FL1, instead of to Festus. But I'll bet that you won't do that, because FL1 is probably right, and you're probably wrong.

#595698 --- 06/26/07 10:35 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: VM Smith]
Don L Offline

vm,
who are you responding to?

#595709 --- 06/26/07 11:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Della]
Bodyguard Offline

Loc: Geneva, N.Y.
Hey Brain!!! Who's yer DADDY????
Why, Benny, of course!!!

Now, where'd that thread go?

#595710 --- 06/26/07 11:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: festuss]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

Loc: Port Charles

Another who can't read

#595720 --- 06/27/07 02:08 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Spencer~1/06/07]
CitizenStraub Offline

Loc: Seneca County, NY
A great day for Seneca County and the Seneca County Republican Party! We all knew that AB was as dirty and corrupt as they come but this finally gets it in the open and on record. While AB's removal from office might seem like too little too late, I have a pretty strong suspicion that there will be more charges against AB and others on the way.

#595778 --- 06/27/07 06:53 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: festuss]
Gold Member

Take it up with Greg Cotterill, he wrote the "news" . His latest, and greatest, "revision" can be found here.

http://blogs.fingerlakes1.com/behind-the...-law-violation/

#595841 --- 06/27/07 08:49 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Yes, this is revision three or four. The original was as Festus posted and did state that he was arrested by NYSP.

#595844 --- 06/27/07 08:57 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
FXMOM Offline

Just remember...... this man has a family.

#595884 --- 06/27/07 10:22 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: FXMOM

This is the same man that has been slammed right and left in the press as a "dictator". He must feel some level of vindication if this is all they can come up with as "corruption".

This smacks of "Witch hunt".

#595888 --- 06/27/07 10:24 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

Don't you think Denise Champagne will have a field day with this story?

I'll bet she makes it sound like another holocaust.

#595913 --- 06/27/07 10:50 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

This is excerpted from tonight's FLT.

Bianchi is barred from
membership in the
Republican Committee and
directly or indirectly trying
to influence its activities,
including decisions about
candidates to support.
He is not to handle political
contributions or be a signatory
for any account set
up for political funds.
Bianchi also waived his
right to appeal.
Tunney said the deal satisfies
any other potential
criminal charges — provided
Bianchi adheres to the
conditions — and concludes
his grand jury investigation.

#595914 --- 06/27/07 10:51 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

#595967 --- 06/27/07 12:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
MidFingerLaker Offline

Loc: Seneca County

What the hell does that mean? Having a family is a license to be a grifter? I know those snotty kids had to be good for something!

#595969 --- 06/27/07 12:15 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: MidFingerLaker]
MidFingerLaker Offline

Originally Posted By: MidFingerLaker

What the hell does that mean? Having a family is a license to be a grifter? I know those snotty kids had to be good for something!

Or do you mean "family" in the Mafia sense of the term?

#595979 --- 06/27/07 12:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: MidFingerLaker]
Saphire Offline

Loc: Through the Looking Glass
KISS THE RING!!!!!

#595994 --- 06/27/07 12:39 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Saphire]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I can't believe people think this is no big deal.

#596000 --- 06/27/07 12:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Well after hearing SC go on and on Im not surprised there was not a felony indictment. Right SC ? you know what i mean ;oO
AMF

#596001 --- 06/27/07 12:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Saphire]
0ldog Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, New York
"........Bianchi then used the money to make political contributions in his own name. The money was collected between January 2004 and December 2004......."

It's a good thing he didn't declare that political contribution of "his own" on his Income Tax Return, because the IRS might frown on that. What is the percent the whistle blower gets now anyway?

#596003 --- 06/27/07 12:47 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

I don't think most people believe it's no big deal, but it's relatively small potatoes when compared to all the accusations being made by South County/cleangov (he stopped just short of accusing AB of murder, for God's sake), and a few others.

Sure, it's a bad thing to do, but it is, after all, a misdemeanor. He has to leave office. So what? He has stated for some time now that he didn't intend to seek the chair spot again.
$100.00 fine - WOW!!!

I find it quite anti-climactic.

I hope there's more substance to that other investigation.

#596004 --- 06/27/07 12:48 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

"he stopped just short of accusing AB of murder, for God's sake),"

;o)
AMF

#596005 --- 06/27/07 12:48 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: BraveHeart]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

AMF

#596006 --- 06/27/07 12:49 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Yeah, but who cares about what South county said was "going to happen"? This HAPPENED and it's a big deal.

But of course, any excuse to whine about/dig at SC.

LOL - I love the "so what he had to leave office, he was leaving anyway" line though. That's rich! lol

#596007 --- 06/27/07 12:50 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: past tense

Yeah the first time that has ever happend
AMF

#596008 --- 06/27/07 12:51 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

AMF

#596009 --- 06/27/07 12:51 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

AMF

#596010 --- 06/27/07 12:51 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

AMF

#596013 --- 06/27/07 12:54 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: BraveHeart]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I know it's not the first time - that's why I said ANY excuse.

I just think stealing and election fraud are a big deal and I don't care if anyone - SC or otherwise - "promised" something bigger at some point in time.

It's a sad thing because we pride ourselves on our political process in this country. Corruption is corruption and whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony or something that goes unpunished that we never know about, it's disheartening to me.

But of course, the important thing is that SC was "wrong" or whatever. THAT'S the important part.

#596014 --- 06/27/07 12:54 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: BraveHeart]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
I'm curious,is the judge a republican?
and just because the little NAZI got off easy doesnt mean he hasnt been pulling strings and intimidating and coercing people in the party for a LONG TIME... if you dont think he has, then I have some prime ocean front property for sale near Denver for anyone interested..

#596015 --- 06/27/07 12:55 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Jelloshot]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

"But of course, the important thing is that SC was "wrong" or whatever. THAT'S the important part. "

That is true ;o)
AMF

#596016 --- 06/27/07 12:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Jelloshot]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

And what if the judge was a < gasp > democrat.

Maybe he got his strings pulled.
AMF

#596019 --- 06/27/07 12:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Yeah, but who cares about what South county said was "going to happen"? This HAPPENED and it's a big deal.

LOL - I love the "so what he had to leave office, he was leaving anyway" line though. That's rich! lol

Personally, I think 30 days in jail would have been a much more significant punishment. He got his wrist slapped.

#596020 --- 06/27/07 12:57 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I was surprised at the sentence. It's light.

#596022 --- 06/27/07 12:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

I'm just curious, and I'm sure the DA had agreed to the outcome or "deal"

#596023 --- 06/27/07 12:59 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

And that's what makes it seem to some like "no big deal".

I didn't even see anything about returning the money to its intended recipient.

#596024 --- 06/27/07 01:00 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

I would have expected a stiffer sentence.
AMF

#596026 --- 06/27/07 01:03 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

another excerpt from the FLT article

Tunney was named special
prosecutor in May 2005.
He acknowledged that there
may be criticism of the disposition
but said he’s not
going to lose sleep over it.
“If somebody with as
much information or knowledge
with the situation that
I have wants to discuss the
matter, perhaps we can
have a meaningful conversation,”
he said. “For all
anybody knows, this conviction
was the highest possible
offense under the circumstances.
People are in
no position to draw conclusions.
I understand it may
occur. This was a considered
disposition and under the
circumstances, an appropriate
one.”

#596030 --- 06/27/07 01:06 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

I just think stealing and election fraud are a big deal and I don't care if anyone - SC or otherwise - "promised" something bigger at some point in time.

It's a sad thing because we pride ourselves on our political process in this country. Corruption is corruption and whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony or something that goes unpunished that we never know about, it's disheartening to me.

But of course, the important thing is that SC was "wrong" or whatever. THAT'S the important part.

He wasn't charged with "stealing and election fraud" (THOSE were some of the charges made by your close friend, SC).

From the FLT

Seneca County
Republican Committee Chairman
Angelo Bianchi was charged Monday
with violating state election
law by improperly diverting campaign
contributions.

#596032 --- 06/27/07 01:09 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Well I'll bet that it wasn’t the highest conviction possible , maybe just the easiest one to prove, and the key words being "the deal", but hey something is better than nothing, and getting him out of office and out of the party committee is probably the best thing to happen to the SRC in a loooong time. It appears that part of the deal is the end of his political career, am I correct in that assumption?

#596034 --- 06/27/07 01:14 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

"For all anybody knows, this conviction was the highest possible
offense under the circumstances."

What the heck is that? Is that a nice way of saying, we (politicians) are all covering each others' backsides and you can't prove otherwise?

#596035 --- 06/27/07 01:16 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

It means it the highest possible conviction that they could fully prosecute on without a long drawn out trial, imo.

#596037 --- 06/27/07 01:16 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

He's expressed his willingness to discuss his decision.

“If somebody with as
much information or knowledge
with the situation that
I have wants to discuss the
matter, perhaps we can
have a meaningful conversation,”

#596039 --- 06/27/07 01:19 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

They finally got the whole article online.

WEDNESDAY JUNE 27, 2007 Last modified: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:43 AM CDT

Seneca GOP boss to resign: Bianchi pleads guilty to diverting campaign contributions

By DENISE M. CHAMPAGNE

JUNIUS - Seneca County Republican Committee Chairman Angelo Bianchi was charged Monday with violating state election law by improperly diverting campaign contributions.

He pleaded guilty to the Class A misdemeanor Monday in Junius Town Court and has until July 31 to step down. His resignation is part of a plea deal between his attorney, David Rothenberg of Rochester, and special prosecutor John Tunney, district attorney of Steuben County.

Bianchi, chairman of the Republican Party since 1993, admitted depositing nine checks - totaling $5,450 and intended for state Sen. Michael Nozzolio's re-election campaign - into his own accounts between Jan. 1, 2003, and Dec. 31, 2004, and redistributing the money to various campaigns in his own name, disguising the identity of the original contributors.

Tunney said Election Law requires contributions be recorded in the name of the actual donor.

The checks were from:

Clough Harbour & Associates, $1,500.

Larry Fairchild, $500.

Raymond Gardeski, $500.

William Lucarelli, $500.

BBL PAC (political action committee), $400 and $750.

Thomas Tortora, $500.

Leo Connolly, $500. (Connolly was elected sheriff during that time, taking office on Jan. 1, 2004)

And Donald Decicca, $300.

Tunney said motive was not discussed. He acknowledged there were more checks to other parties but would not give totals.

“There were lots of political entities who received money from political donations from Mr. Bianchi,” Tunney said. “I'm not going to begin naming them all anymore than I'm going to name the folks who made political contributions. I'm not going to talk about who gave and who didn't.”

Contacted this morning, Connolly said that during his professional life, he's “made a number of contributions to many political organizations.”

Nozzolio had no comment and referred all questions to Tunney. Bianchi did not return phone calls Tuesday and this morning.

Depositions from Justin McCarthy, Nozzolio's campaign coordinator, and State Police Sr. Inv. Christopher Baldwin were among the documents presented to Junius Justice Brian Laird.

“To my knowledge, the campaign has never received the funds,” noted the deposition by McCarthy. “Angelo Bianchi was not authorized by the campaign committee to deposit any donations to (Nozzolio's) accounts or any other accounts. If he did accept checks made payable to Nozzolio for Senate, I would expect those checks to be delivered to the campaign committee for official deposit and disclosure.”

Laird said he was called Monday afternoon and asked if he could do an arraignment. He said he could at 6 p.m. but was not told what it pertained to.

Tunney and Rothenberg said Laird was picked as a neutral party who has not had past dealings with Bianchi.

“That was an acceptable venue for resolving this matter,” said Rothenberg. “It's a misdemeanor. Any town court is fine. We didn't want to involve a town court where Mr. Bianchi had been actively involved in anyone's campaign.”

“I would like to stress what he pleaded to was a technical violation of the very complicated election law for which he's very sorry,” Rothenberg added. “He expressed that. All of the contributions went to the Republican Party.”

Bianchi, 70, of 1715 County House Road, Fayette, was accompanied to court by his wife, Judith, and Rothenberg. He was not brought in by police, although Baldwin also appeared.

Laird fined Bianchi $100 and imposed several conditions.

Bianchi is barred from membership in the Republican Committee and directly or indirectly trying to influence its activities, including decisions about candidates to support.

He is not to handle political contributions or be a signatory for any account set up for political funds.

Bianchi also waived his right to appeal.

Tunney said the deal satisfies any other potential criminal charges - provided Bianchi adheres to the conditions - and concludes his grand jury investigation.

A concurrent grand jury investigation by Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo, involving possible wrongdoing within the Seneca County sheriff's department, is expected to wrap soon.

Bianchi's resignation has party leaders checking into procedures on how to appoint a replacement.

“I'm obviously disappointed in what's taken place,” Republican Committee First Vice Chair Michael O'Brien said this morning. “The committee at hand will go ahead and have a meeting and they will decide who will be the next chairman.”

O'Brien said he's not interested in the position and plans to get out of politics when his term as town councilman expires in 2009.

“I don't know what to make of it,” said Kathryn Peterson, second vice chair of the county Republican Committee. “This has never happened in the Republican Party before.”

Ted Young, chairman of the Seneca County Democratic Committee, had no comment.

“That's all their business,” he said this morning.

Tunney was named special prosecutor in May 2005. He acknowledged that there may be criticism of the disposition but said he's not going to lose sleep over it.

“If somebody with as much information or knowledge with the situation that I have wants to discuss the matter, perhaps we can have a meaningful conversation,” he said. “For all anybody knows, this conviction was the highest possible offense under the circumstances. People are in no position to draw conclusions. I understand it may occur. This was a considered disposition and under the circumstances, an appropriate one.”

Tantillo, who was appointed special prosecutor to investigate the sheriff's department, wouldn't comment about the Bianchi case.

“It's not my case,” Tantillo said. “It's inappropriate for me to comment about [Tunney's] case, and it would be inappropriate for him to comment about mine.”

Regarding his own investigation, Tantillo would only confirm that the grand jury term ends next Tuesday but he could request that it be extended if necessary.

For the past six months, Tantillo has been meeting with the grand jury almost weekly. Several members of the sheriff's department, county supervisors and staff members have testified since it convened in January.

State police began investigating the sheriff's department after a Feb. 3, 2006, fire at the former Seneca Army Depot that destroyed sheriff's department equipment, evidence and a vehicle.

Times staff writer Craig Fox contributed to this story.

dchampagne@fltimes.com

#596041 --- 06/27/07 01:22 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bodyguard Offline

Loc: Geneva, N.Y.
PT > Quote

SC has always been wrong.It's a good thing SC doesn't live in a glass house!

#596044 --- 06/27/07 01:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

What the heck is that? Is that a nice way of saying, we (politicians) are all covering each others' backsides and you can't prove otherwise?

Quote:
Tunney said the deal satisfies any other potential criminal charges - provided Bianchi adheres to the conditions - and concludes his grand jury investigation.

#596045 --- 06/27/07 01:24 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Don L]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Don L
vm,
who are you responding to?

I was responding to the person whom I quoted (festuss) who had said that Festus had got his facts wrong. According to the then-current FL1 story, which I immediately checked after reading festuss, Festus was correct. Therefore, he hadn't, knowingly or otherwise, violated any FL1 policy, as I saw the situation.

It just lit my fuse when one poster warned a second poster about FL1's policy, and apparently (according to the story version that I read) hadn't even read the story closely before lecturing him.

#596049 --- 06/27/07 01:26 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

C'est fini.

#596053 --- 06/27/07 01:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
racefan73 Offline

Loc: seneca-cayuga
This is excerpted from tonight's FLT.

Bianchi is barred from
membership in the
Republican Committee and
directly or indirectly trying
to influence its activities,
including decisions about
candidates to support.
He is not to handle political
contributions or be a signatory
for any account set
up for political funds.
Bianchi also waived his
right to appeal.
Tunney said the deal satisfies
any other potential
criminal charges — provided
Bianchi adheres to the
conditions — and concludes
his grand jury investigation.
In THEORY, he isn't supposed to have direct or indirect influence. Come on, is the public actually expected to believe it. The guy is a weasel and will probably try to have some influence.

#596076 --- 06/27/07 01:53 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

He wasn't charged with "stealing and election fraud" (THOSE were some of the charges made by your close friend, SC).

From the FLT

Seneca County
Republican Committee Chairman
Angelo Bianchi was charged Monday
with violating state election
law by improperly diverting campaign
contributions.

Semantics. Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for. You know that. If they can't get you on murder, they go for vehicular homicide. If they can't get you on rape, they charge you with sexual battery. What he did was wrong, period. That's my point.

#596078 --- 06/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

And for the record, I've never met "my close friend" SC in my entire life. I just find it annoying that the most important part of this story for some of you is that he was wrong, and not the wrong that was committed.

#596080 --- 06/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Quote:
Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for.

OK. Now I understand. Just because there is NO EVIDENCE and NO PROOF, you are assumed guilty of anything anyone wants to CLAIM you did.

#596084 --- 06/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

I smell a right wing conspiricy
AMF

#596085 --- 06/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for.

OK. Now I understand. Just because there is NO EVIDENCE and NO PROOF, you are assumed guilty of anything anyone wants to CLAIM you did.

Whatever Festus. LOL. My point is, as stated above, that you care more about what SC says and does than what our local officials say and do. It's more important to you that SC was wrong about something than that Bianchi was found to have done wrong. I just think that says a lot about some of you.

#596087 --- 06/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Anyway, it's over.

#596088 --- 06/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

And re: "semantics" I mean that there's a pretty fine line between "election fraud" and "violating state election law by improperly diverting campaign contributions."

#596093 --- 06/27/07 02:04 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

And re: "semantics" I mean that there's a pretty fine line between "election fraud" and "violating state election law by improperly diverting campaign contributions."

It's over.

#596097 --- 06/27/07 02:07 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

You've mentioned that. I'd suggesting moving on to another thread if you are done discussing it. Some of us might not be.

#596115 --- 06/27/07 02:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Sorry if you misunderstood. I was alluding to the fact that nothing I, or you, or anyone else, say can change the DA's decision.
I don't happen to think it was severe enough, but I have no proof of further wrongdoing. I doubt you have, either.

#596125 --- 06/27/07 02:18 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

No, I don't, but that hardly means it doesn't bear further discussion, either.

#596129 --- 06/27/07 02:19 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Out of curiosity, why did he appear before the Town of Junius judge? Would it not have made more sense seeing as how tight the politics in Seneca County to have moved the appearance to a neighboring county?

I too think he got off easy. He misappropirated funds, enough that it makes it grand larceny if I'm not mistaken.

#596135 --- 06/27/07 02:25 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

That's not what I meant.
It would be nice, however, if any further accusations are made, the accuser offer some semblence of proof. "I head from so and so" doesn't quite measure up.

#596136 --- 06/27/07 02:26 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Anyone whose been involved in the political scene and or has friends or family who have run on the republican ticket can tell you about the things he did. It's not like its a big secret how he ran his party. The part about picking a judge who didnt know anything about it is a load of crap, you'd pretty much have to have been living under a rock to not know about his dirty deeds! imo, it was much too light of a "sentence" and fine, but again, knowing somewhat how the system works, the judge may have been acting on the recommendations of the DA prosecuting the case.

#596138 --- 06/27/07 02:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
Out of curiosity, why did he appear before the Town of Junius judge? Would it not have made more sense seeing as how tight the politics in Seneca County to have moved the appearance to a neighboring county?

I too think he got off easy. He misappropirated funds, enough that it makes it grand larceny if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Laird said he was called Monday afternoon and asked if he could do an arraignment. He said he could at 6 p.m. but was not told what it pertained to.

Tunney and Rothenberg said Laird was picked as a neutral party who has not had past dealings with Bianchi.

“That was an acceptable venue for resolving this matter,” said Rothenberg. “It's a misdemeanor. Any town court is fine. We didn't want to involve a town court where Mr. Bianchi had been actively involved in anyone's campaign.”

#596140 --- 06/27/07 02:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

I'd be interested in knowing who AB's successor might be.

#596142 --- 06/27/07 02:29 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

That's not what I meant.
It would be nice, however, if any further accusations are made, the accuser offer some semblence of proof. "I head from so and so" doesn't quite measure up.

Who is getting head from so and so?

What's going ON in Seneca County!?

I kill me.

#596144 --- 06/27/07 02:30 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

That's not what I meant.

I kill me.

Buddy. I'm surprised you didn't know.

#596145 --- 06/27/07 02:30 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

Loc: Port Charles

That's not what I meant.

I kill me.

Oh mylanta..funny

#596188 --- 06/27/07 03:14 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Spencer~1/06/07]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
I don't think that this has anything to do with the indictments or the grand jury. I think he just screwed up by not covering up properly.

Edited by Red22 (06/27/07 03:15 PM)

#596197 --- 06/27/07 03:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Spencer~1/06/07]
Schickadee Offline

Loc: Ithaca

This is just the beginning. Hellooo?

M Angelo

#596285 --- 06/27/07 07:16 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Jelloshot]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
Well I'll bet that it wasn’t the highest conviction possible , maybe just the easiest one to prove, and the key words being "the deal", but hey something is better than nothing, and getting him out of office and out of the party committee is probably the best thing to happen to the SRC in a loooong time. It appears that part of the deal is the end of his political career, am I correct in that assumption?

Well said Jello. A deal is, reduced charges with special conditions. Lets not forget, the case never made it to a grand jury or trial jury. You can bet AB didn't want to see that day in court.

#596407 --- 06/28/07 05:46 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

This charge came from Tunney's grand jury (read the FLT report). Tantillo's grand jury (investigating the SCSD and who knows what else) is still sitting.

#596518 --- 06/28/07 10:00 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: racefan73]
Old Broad Offline

Loc: Whitewater, Ca. USA
Originally Posted By: racefan73
I agree with your statement. It is about time for Angelo to go. He should have been out years ago. The only thing that concerns me is does he have enough buddies on the committee to hold influence of the committee? A $100 dollar fine? Isn't what he did considered stealing? Regardless, if any of us did what he did, rest assured, we would have been hit harder. However, just seeing his name in the news is reward in itself. Maybe, more will fall like ghost1's post said.

$100.00 fine is nothing to Mr. Bianchi,if you or I had stolen that much money they pick a corner of the jail up, slide us under it and slam the corner down and never look back.. Why does he deserve less than what we would get?? I know what you are going to say, because he is a BIG WIG in Seneca County.. As far as I'm concerned he is a thief..

#596561 --- 06/28/07 11:52 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Old Broad]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Old Broad
Originally Posted By: racefan73

$100.00 fine is nothing to Mr. Bianchi,if you or I had stolen that much money they pick a corner of the jail up, slide us under it and slam the corner down and never look back.. Why does he deserve less than what we would get?? I know what you are going to say, because he is a BIG WIG in Seneca County.. As far as I'm concerned he is a thief..

The problem is he wasn't charged with stealing.

#596579 --- 06/28/07 12:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
FXMOM Offline

Not only WASN'T he arresting for cheating, he used it for what it was intended for. It was just in a differant form.(ex: 1 check instead of many). He did not personally benefit. You narrow minded people seem to forget that this man did do a lot for Seneca County. He is a very caring man, and really does have a very big heart.

#596588 --- 06/28/07 12:33 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Gold Member

That's not right, either. The cash was intended to go to Nozzolio's campaign. Instead, Bianchi diverted it to other people's campaigns and made it look as though he were making the donations and not the original contributors.

Hence the charge "improperly diverting campaign contributions".

#596621 --- 06/28/07 01:12 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
FXMOM Offline

MidFingerLaker...How dare you name call his children! All I meant to say was that there are innocent people that can be hurt by this.(his family) Why would you stoop so low as to name call? Is your IQ level?

#596624 --- 06/28/07 01:19 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Greymane Offline

Maybe he should have thought about his family before he got involved in all of this, no?

#596636 --- 06/28/07 01:40 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
MidFingerLaker Offline

MidFingerLaker...How dare you name call his children! All I meant to say was that there are innocent people that can be hurt by this.(his family) Why would you stoop so low as to name call? Is your IQ level?

Maybe he should have thought about his children before he decided to become a public disgrace. I didn't "name call" anyone---I simply wondered: since when does fathering children (and I'll assume for the sake of charity that he's the father)give you a license to break the law? I guess my "IQ level" keeps me from understanding.

#596647 --- 06/28/07 01:49 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
MidFingerLaker Offline

Maybe he should have thought about his family before he got involved in all of this, no?

Greymane, you beat me to the punch!

#596654 --- 06/28/07 01:52 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: MidFingerLaker]
FXMOM Offline

You DID call his children a name.....

#596663 --- 06/28/07 01:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Duke Offline

I wish I could get that amount of money and not get penalized, and people complain about athletes not getting the punishment. You get more of a punishment for stealing a pack of gum than the amount the crook took. how do we know that the whole law system isn't to blame for only the punishment. I think they all should resign for that nonsense. Pay $100 to get $5000. Not a bad trade

#596667 --- 06/28/07 02:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Duke]
FXMOM Offline

He did not KEEP this $ for himself.

#596670 --- 06/28/07 02:02 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Duke]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Duke
I wish I could get that amount of money and not get penalized, and people complain about athletes not getting the punishment. You get more of a punishment for stealing a pack of gum than the amount the crook took. how do we know that the whole law system isn't to blame for only the punishment. I think they all should resign for that nonsense. Pay $100 to get $5000. Not a bad trade

Do yourself a favor, find a friend who can read and have them read the newspaper to you.

#596671 --- 06/28/07 02:02 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

SO WHAT! He's GUILTY!

#596676 --- 06/28/07 02:04 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
Greymane Offline

This is what was accountable through checks. Do you know that there were no cash donations? Do you know he didn't keep any for himself? Just a question.

#596679 --- 06/28/07 02:05 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
MidFingerLaker Offline

You DID call his children a name.....

I was referring to children in general. I was being facetious. Look the word up. Until you improve your reading and writing skills to elementary school level, I don't think you should be bringing up other people's "IQ level."

#596720 --- 06/28/07 02:35 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Greymane]
FXMOM Offline

Well said Festus!! Greymane.....if he did, don't you think that he would have been arrested for it? Why would you even say something like that? DUH!!!

#596728 --- 06/28/07 02:39 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
FXMOM Offline

Um, I do know what a "grifter" is. You are not superior. You did call his children "snotty". AND I did notice that you hide behind many names on here. When you noticed, you changed it quick, didn't you?

#596745 --- 06/28/07 02:49 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
MidFingerLaker Offline

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than defend people who break the law. Since you want everyone to know you're a "mom", according to your logic I suppose that means you get to break the law too. People like you give parenthood a bad name.

#596758 --- 06/28/07 03:02 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: MidFingerLaker]
FXMOM Offline

Your stupidity speaks for itself. Enough said.

#596762 --- 06/28/07 03:07 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
MidFingerLaker Offline

It's too bad your objections to "name calling" don't extend to people who HAVEN'T broken the law.

#596800 --- 06/28/07 03:40 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
sikofu Offline

Um, I do know what a "grifter" is. You are not superior. You did call his children "snotty". AND I did notice that you hide behind many names on here. When you noticed, you changed it quick, didn't you?
Could you be a bigger douchebag, FX?? Do us all a favor and shut up.

#596807 --- 06/28/07 03:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Jelloshot]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot

SO WHAT! He's GUILTY!

Yes, but not of stealing, as some seem to want to think.

#596874 --- 06/28/07 05:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
FXMOM Offline

All I wanted to do was to make people stop & think about what they are saying. There is another side to him, and a family behind this man, of whom absolutely did nothing wrong. Not only did you call him names, his children names, and insulte his wife, now you are calling me names. I am done.

#596885 --- 06/28/07 05:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Yes, but not of stealing, as some seem to want to think.

He might not have been convicted of stealing but I'd say what he did pretty much constitutes stealing. Was money intended for one purpose put to use for another purpose, thus never arriving at it's intended destination as a result of his actions? Yes. That's stealing.

But no, he wasn't convicted of "stealing" or "theft" so I suppose we could double talk our way around what was done and categorize it as something else, even though that's just semantics.

#596896 --- 06/28/07 06:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

This charge came from Tunney's grand jury (read the FLT report). Tantillo's grand jury (investigating the SCSD and who knows what else) is still sitting.

Either way Festus, I don't think a grand jury takes part in any deal making process in any case before it...I may be wrong, but you write as though Tunneys' Grand Jury took part in ABs deal with Tunney. I'm saying, No grand jury, anywhere or any place takes part in any process of a "Deal" Its a "Lawyers Only" thing to do.

#597655 --- 06/29/07 08:24 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Bonehead Offline

§ 14-102. Statements of campaign receipts, contributions, transfers
and expenditures to and by political committees.
1. The treasurer of every political committee which, or any officer,
member or agent of any such committee who, in connection with any election,
receives or expends any money or other valuable thing or incurs any liability to
pay money or its equivalent shall file statements sworn, or subscribed and
bearing a form notice that false statements made therein are punishable as a
class A misdemeanor pursuant to section 210.45 of the penal law, at the times
prescribed by this article setting forth all the receipts, contributions to and the
expenditures by and liabilities of the committee, and of its officers, members
and agents in its behalf. Such statements shall include the dollar amount of any
receipt, contribution or transfer, or the fair market value of any receipt,
contribution or transfer, which is other than of money, the name and address of
the transferor, contributor or person from whom received, and if the transferor,
contributor or person is a political committee; the name of and the political unit
represented by the committee, the date of its receipt, the dollar amount of every
expenditure, the name and address of the person to whom it was made or the
name of and the political unit represented by the committee to which it was
made and the date thereof, and shall state clearly the purpose of such
expenditure. Any statement reporting a loan shall have attached to it a copy of
the evidence of indebtedness. Expenditures in sums under fifty dollars need not
be specifically accounted for by separate items in said statements, and receipts
and contributions aggregating not more than ninety-nine dollars, from any one
contributor need not be specifically accounted for by separate items in said
statements, provided however, that such expenditures, receipts and
contributions shall be subject to the other provisions of section 14-118 of this
article.
CAMPAIGN

Is this what Angelo didn't do? Hmmm. If so,Why wouldn't he want to follow this law?

Edited by Bonehead (06/29/07 08:28 PM)

#597900 --- 06/30/07 06:27 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

I like to read the grand jury report in its entirety.

#597918 --- 06/30/07 07:44 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

Where you been Festus? I did all but put a worm on it for ya. No report. Public Info. Go to http://www.elections.state.ny.us/portal/page?_pageid=35,1,35_8617&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL. Research it for yourself. Even tells you its a Class A Misd. Thats how I found it. Also check Sec.14-118. Tells you all about the Tracking the Cash.

#597919 --- 06/30/07 07:48 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

A Grand Jury issues written findings, report, indictment - call it what you will. What you cited is a law. I want to know what the grand jury actually said.

#597920 --- 06/30/07 07:49 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

Well..do you think this fite his crime or not?

#597921 --- 06/30/07 07:50 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

It sounds like what he pled to, but was it the only wrongdoing that the grand jury found? Was Bianchi the only person the Grand Jury had a finding on?

#597923 --- 06/30/07 07:54 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

A Grand Jury issues written findings, report, indictment - call it what you will. What you cited is a law. I want to know what the grand jury actually said.

Why would the Grand Jury report on a "Deal". Do you think a Grand Jury has a say...?

#597924 --- 06/30/07 07:56 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

You are thick, aren't you.

I want to see the Grand Juries findings, not Tunney's "deal".
What charges were actually handed up by the Grand Jury, not the resultant plea.

#597928 --- 06/30/07 08:11 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

You are thick, aren't you.

I want to see the Grand Juries findings, not Tunney's "deal".
What charges were actually handed up by the Grand Jury, not the resultant plea.

Calm down you old cus...do you think it got that far? What if panic set in when he was served his subpeona and called his lawyer who then called Tunney and started a DEAL

#597994 --- 07/01/07 06:56 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

You certainly do a whole lot of speculating.

#598013 --- 07/01/07 08:02 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

To speculate is fine. To assume, you know the saying. Get out of the house today ok. Go see some friends and have a good time.

#598070 --- 07/01/07 09:43 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

I'm not assuming anything. That's why I would like to see the Grand Jury decision and transcript of the proceedings. You know, to get the FACTS.

#598077 --- 07/01/07 09:49 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

To speculate is fine. To assume, you know the saying. Get out of the house today ok. Go see some friends and have a good time.

For your edification, dimwit.

Quote:
Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus - Cite This Source
Main Entry: assume
Part of Speech: verb 1
Definition: believe
Synonyms: accept, ascertain, be afraid, conclude, conjecture, consider, count upon, deduce, deem, divine, estimate, expect, fall for, fancy, find, gather, guess, hypothesize, imagine, infer, judge, posit, postulate, predicate, presume, presuppose, speculate, suppose, surmise, suspect, theorize, think, understand

#598135 --- 07/01/07 04:06 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: FXMOM]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"Is your IQ level?"

As opposed to slanted, perhaps?

#598462 --- 07/02/07 11:52 AM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Bonehead Offline

I'm not assuming anything. That's why I would like to see the Grand Jury decision and transcript of the proceedings. You know, to get the FACTS.

If you gave me 50 bucks to buy you some beer,and I didn't came back,would you assume I would never show up,or would you speculate that I was in an accident. Would you assume that I stole your money or would you speculate that I was looking for your money that I lost....What If I returned and told you I couldn't buy your beer because I lost your money? Would you assume or speculate the truth.... or would you need a writen explaination

Edited by Bonehead (07/02/07 11:53 AM)

#598519 --- 07/02/07 12:46 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
AaJjDdluv Offline

OK well I have been dying to see what people had to say about this whole issue and I agree with a lot that has been said. I can’t believe number one that oh mister perfect of Seneca County would be a criminal and then to take the money and put it into his personal account. How dumb! Number two, being charged with a $100.00 fine! ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I would think he should have to pay back the entire amount he stole and also pay for the cost of the investigation and all the other costs that he cost the county. It’s just crazy around this drama filled county! So he was forced to resign! Big Deal he has so many “puppets” out there that bow down to him it’s not even going to matter.

GO DEMOCRATS!!!!!!

Still burns me that he only got a one hundred dollar FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just shows our justice system stinks as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#603795 --- 07/14/07 07:23 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: AaJjDdluv]
Growth Offline

If you think the Democrats are any better, I have a bridge to sell you in the Desert.

#603846 --- 07/14/07 09:45 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Growth]
Franklin Offline

Loc: Somewhere in between
Still burns me that he only got a one hundred dollar FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just shows our justice system stinks as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what a kid would get that is caught with a bag of pot? Jail and a much bigger fine plus a crimianl record. yes this was real justis my butt. Do you think the judge was on the take also?

#604369 --- 07/15/07 07:36 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Franklin]
Gold Member

Cleangov may have stopped posting, but he's still sending out his PMs accusing Bianchi of things he wasn't charged with. The same PMs he's been sending for a year or more.

#604374 --- 07/15/07 07:40 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
To speculate is fine. To assume, you know the saying.

I never understood the assume thing. Don't we all make assumptions everyday?

#604389 --- 07/15/07 08:15 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Franklin]
Bonehead Offline

Originally Posted By: Franklin

Wonder what a kid would get that is caught with a bag of pot? Jail and a much bigger fine plus a crimianl record. yes this was real justis my butt. Do you think the judge was on the take also?

The Lady in Penn Yan that "redirected" 39 thousand dollars went to court. The Judge was entertaining a plea bargin but the the Lady was taking too long to make up her mind. The Judge gave her 10 more seconds to agree or disagree and go to court. She took a plea, I think it was 3 degree Grand Larceny.

#604405 --- 07/15/07 08:33 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Bonehead]
Gold Member

AB's sentence was too light. Nothing's gonna change it.

#604561 --- 07/16/07 07:27 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: ]
Driver8 Offline

Thanks, Festus. I'm now getting PMs from "you know who," telling me that you've seen the light and I should too.

#604576 --- 07/16/07 07:51 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: Driver8]
poohbear66 Offline

Loc: ny, usa
I got one of those PM's too! Why is he too afraid to come here and speak up!

#604629 --- 07/16/07 09:47 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: Driver8]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Driver8

Thanks, Festus. I'm now getting PMs from "you know who," telling me that you've seen the light and I should too.

Did you get the one where he insinuates that AB is somehow behind a woman's death?

SC/CG/LP has a personal grudge against AB that goes way beyond his displeasure over some campaign donations.

#604630 --- 07/16/07 09:48 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: poohbear66]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: poohbear66

Because he's a gutless coward who is allowed by FL1 to spew his libelous accusations in his PMs. Apparently he has some exclusive protection on these boards.

#604631 --- 07/16/07 09:51 AM Re: SC/CG/LP is still at it [Re: Driver8]
Gold Member

The one incident that was charged and admitted to, does not mean that I buy into LP's many other unsubstantiated accusations. Apparently the Special Prosecutor and the FBI didn't believe his tall tales, either.

#604632 --- 07/16/07 09:53 AM Re: SC/CG/LP is still at it [Re: ]
Gold Member

The one incident that was charged and admitted to, does not mean that I buy into LP's many other unsubstantiated accusations. Apparently the Special Prosecutor and the FBI didn't believe his tall tales, either.

Others should take his unfounded claims with a grain of salt, too.

#604652 --- 07/16/07 11:18 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: poohbear66]
Franklin Offline

Originally Posted By: poohbear66

I think he was aked to back off politely. Even if he doesn't live in a glass house he sould stay inside.

#604934 --- 07/16/07 07:34 PM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: Franklin]
Gold Member

I wonder if he's still soliciting the female forum members.

#604978 --- 07/16/07 09:29 PM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: ]
Franklin Offline

I wonder if he's still soliciting the female forum members.

I would hope not

#1503958 --- 08/23/17 04:21 PM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: ]
DeReRustica Offline

Loc: Boondox, Seneca Co.
It appears that Bianchi--barred from Republican Party affairs--is meddling in the Working Families Party. A strange place for the former Republican chair to appear!

He wants his puppet Sapio on the WFP line for DA rather than incumbent Porsch, who insists on enforcing laws.

Anyway the powers that be in Seneca County didn't fall for the fraudulent petition, which is a very encouraging sign.

#1504126 --- 08/26/17 07:21 AM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: DeReRustica]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: DeReRustica
It appears that Bianchi--barred from Republican Party affairs--is meddling in the Working Families Party. A strange place for the former Republican chair to appear!

He wants his puppet Sapio on the WFP line for DA rather than incumbent Porsch, who insists on enforcing laws.

Anyway the powers that be in Seneca County didn't fall for the fraudulent petition, which is a very encouraging sign.
Why would you bring up this ten year old thread? I didn't know you could even find that old a thread on here.

#1504699 --- 09/11/17 07:41 PM Re: Thousands for a $100 fine [Re: DeReRustica]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: DeReRustica

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >