FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#596045 --- 06/27/07 01:24 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: Don L]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: Don L
vm,
who are you responding to?

I was responding to the person whom I quoted (festuss) who had said that Festus had got his facts wrong. According to the then-current FL1 story, which I immediately checked after reading festuss, Festus was correct. Therefore, he hadn't, knowingly or otherwise, violated any FL1 policy, as I saw the situation.

It just lit my fuse when one poster warned a second poster about FL1's policy, and apparently (according to the story version that I read) hadn't even read the story closely before lecturing him.

FingerLakes1.com
#596049 --- 06/27/07 01:26 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

C'est fini.

#596053 --- 06/27/07 01:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
racefan73 Offline

Loc: seneca-cayuga
Originally Posted By: Festus!
This is excerpted from tonight's FLT.

Bianchi is barred from
membership in the
Republican Committee and
directly or indirectly trying
to influence its activities,
including decisions about
candidates to support.
He is not to handle political
contributions or be a signatory
for any account set
up for political funds.
Bianchi also waived his
right to appeal.
Tunney said the deal satisfies
any other potential
criminal charges — provided
Bianchi adheres to the
conditions — and concludes
his grand jury investigation.
In THEORY, he isn't supposed to have direct or indirect influence. Come on, is the public actually expected to believe it. The guy is a weasel and will probably try to have some influence.

#596076 --- 06/27/07 01:53 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: past tense
I know it's not the first time - that's why I said ANY excuse.

I just think stealing and election fraud are a big deal and I don't care if anyone - SC or otherwise - "promised" something bigger at some point in time.

It's a sad thing because we pride ourselves on our political process in this country. Corruption is corruption and whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony or something that goes unpunished that we never know about, it's disheartening to me.

But of course, the important thing is that SC was "wrong" or whatever. THAT'S the important part.

He wasn't charged with "stealing and election fraud" (THOSE were some of the charges made by your close friend, SC).

From the FLT

Seneca County
Republican Committee Chairman
Angelo Bianchi was charged Monday
with violating state election
law by improperly diverting campaign
contributions.

Semantics. Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for. You know that. If they can't get you on murder, they go for vehicular homicide. If they can't get you on rape, they charge you with sexual battery. What he did was wrong, period. That's my point.

#596078 --- 06/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

And for the record, I've never met "my close friend" SC in my entire life. I just find it annoying that the most important part of this story for some of you is that he was wrong, and not the wrong that was committed.

#596080 --- 06/27/07 01:57 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Quote:
Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for.

OK. Now I understand. Just because there is NO EVIDENCE and NO PROOF, you are assumed guilty of anything anyone wants to CLAIM you did.

#596084 --- 06/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Loc: TOV Seneca Falls
I smell a right wing conspiricy
AMF

#596085 --- 06/27/07 01:58 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Just because you aren't CHARGED with a crime doesn't mean you didn't COMMIT that particular crime. They charge you with what they have evidence for.

OK. Now I understand. Just because there is NO EVIDENCE and NO PROOF, you are assumed guilty of anything anyone wants to CLAIM you did.

Whatever Festus. LOL. My point is, as stated above, that you care more about what SC says and does than what our local officials say and do. It's more important to you that SC was wrong about something than that Bianchi was found to have done wrong. I just think that says a lot about some of you.

#596087 --- 06/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Anyway, it's over.

#596088 --- 06/27/07 02:01 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

And re: "semantics" I mean that there's a pretty fine line between "election fraud" and "violating state election law by improperly diverting campaign contributions."

#596093 --- 06/27/07 02:04 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

And re: "semantics" I mean that there's a pretty fine line between "election fraud" and "violating state election law by improperly diverting campaign contributions."

It's over.

#596097 --- 06/27/07 02:07 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

You've mentioned that. I'd suggesting moving on to another thread if you are done discussing it. Some of us might not be.

#596115 --- 06/27/07 02:13 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

Sorry if you misunderstood. I was alluding to the fact that nothing I, or you, or anyone else, say can change the DA's decision.
I don't happen to think it was severe enough, but I have no proof of further wrongdoing. I doubt you have, either.

#596125 --- 06/27/07 02:18 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

No, I don't, but that hardly means it doesn't bear further discussion, either.

#596129 --- 06/27/07 02:19 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Out of curiosity, why did he appear before the Town of Junius judge? Would it not have made more sense seeing as how tight the politics in Seneca County to have moved the appearance to a neighboring county?

I too think he got off easy. He misappropirated funds, enough that it makes it grand larceny if I'm not mistaken.

#596135 --- 06/27/07 02:25 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

That's not what I meant.
It would be nice, however, if any further accusations are made, the accuser offer some semblence of proof. "I head from so and so" doesn't quite measure up.

#596136 --- 06/27/07 02:26 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
Anyone whose been involved in the political scene and or has friends or family who have run on the republican ticket can tell you about the things he did. It's not like its a big secret how he ran his party. The part about picking a judge who didnt know anything about it is a load of crap, you'd pretty much have to have been living under a rock to not know about his dirty deeds! imo, it was much too light of a "sentence" and fine, but again, knowing somewhat how the system works, the judge may have been acting on the recommendations of the DA prosecuting the case.

#596138 --- 06/27/07 02:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
Out of curiosity, why did he appear before the Town of Junius judge? Would it not have made more sense seeing as how tight the politics in Seneca County to have moved the appearance to a neighboring county?

I too think he got off easy. He misappropirated funds, enough that it makes it grand larceny if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Laird said he was called Monday afternoon and asked if he could do an arraignment. He said he could at 6 p.m. but was not told what it pertained to.

Tunney and Rothenberg said Laird was picked as a neutral party who has not had past dealings with Bianchi.

“That was an acceptable venue for resolving this matter,” said Rothenberg. “It's a misdemeanor. Any town court is fine. We didn't want to involve a town court where Mr. Bianchi had been actively involved in anyone's campaign.”

#596140 --- 06/27/07 02:28 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
Gold Member

I'd be interested in knowing who AB's successor might be.

#596142 --- 06/27/07 02:29 PM Re: Angelo Bianchi Arrested, Pleads Guilty [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

That's not what I meant.
It would be nice, however, if any further accusations are made, the accuser offer some semblence of proof. "I head from so and so" doesn't quite measure up.

Who is getting head from so and so?

What's going ON in Seneca County!?

I kill me.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >