FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 83 of 83 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83
Topic Options
#751268 --- 02/11/08 04:53 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: SkySoldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY

FingerLakes1.com
#751531 --- 02/12/08 06:33 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

This is why NATO needs to be more a part of the war on terrorism, in Afghanistan or otherwise.

AP News

Last modified Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:45 AM PST

Danes Nab Suspects in Cartoonist Plot

By JAN M. OLSEN

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish police said Tuesday they have arrested several people suspected of plotting to kill one of the 12 cartoonists behind the Prophet Muhammad drawings that sparked an uproar in the Muslim world two years ago.

The arrests were made in pre-dawn raids in Aarhus, western Denmark, "to prevent a terror-related murder," the police intelligence agency said. It did not say how many people were arrested nor did it mention which cartoonist was targeted.

However, according to Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper that first published the drawings on Sept. 30, 2005, the suspects were planning to kill its cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.

"There were very concrete murder plans against Kurt Westergaard," said Carsten Juste, the paper's editor-in-chief.

The cartoons were later reprinted by a range of Western publications, and they sparked deadly protests in parts of the Muslim world.

Islamic law generally opposes any depiction of the prophet, even favorable, for fear it could lead to idolatry.

Westergaard, 73, and his wife Gitte, 66, had been living under police protection because of the murder plans, Jyllands-Posten reported. It said those arrested included both Danish and foreign citizens.

"Of course I fear for my life when the police intelligence service say that some people have concrete plans to kill me. But I have turned fear into anger and resentment," Westergaard said in a statement published on Jyllands-Posten's Web site.

PET, the police intelligence service, called the action "preventive," saying it decided to strike "at an early phase to stop the planning and the carrying out of the murder."

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02/12/ap/headlines/d8uomv8o3.txt

#751542 --- 02/12/08 06:59 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
And sending troops will help prevent domestic problems how?
How do you think killing people in Islamic countries is going to reduce domestic violence? Most people think it will and has just produced more terrorists by inciting the general population.
Please explain to me your reasoning.

#751546 --- 02/12/08 07:02 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

It was not only Danish Muslims that were outraged by the cartoon, if you recall. Which you won't, as you live in a world of denial.

#751548 --- 02/12/08 07:04 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

#751549 --- 02/12/08 07:04 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Retired Soldier
How do you think killing people in Islamic countries is going to reduce domestic violence? Most people think it will and has just produced more terrorists by inciting the general population.

As usual, you cannot support any of your views. How does fighting in Islamic countries reduce domestic European violence? We've had the nonsense about their following us home to the USA? They are already there in Europe. How does fighting in Islamic countries reduce domestic violence in Europe?

#751556 --- 02/12/08 07:09 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam

Try reading the article before responding with more nonsense.

#751562 --- 02/12/08 07:16 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Give me the short version. Show me how killing 100,000 Iraqis, creating 4-1/2 million refugees, and conducting a military occupation of an Islamic country will reduce violence among Islamic populations in Europe or elsewhere?

#751567 --- 02/12/08 07:20 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Don't be lazy ( as you love to tell others), read the article. Stop being blinded by your hate of Bush and your need to be "right" about...something. You are so far off from being "right" about this, you are actually more insane than I thought you were.

Read the article or don't. I know either way, you will remain in your denial.

#751568 --- 02/12/08 07:21 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Finger Lakes National Forest, ...
You are the short version you IDIOT.

We can fix that.

America is not THE problem.

Next time. Vote for the AMERICAN.

#751670 --- 02/12/08 11:21 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Don't be lazy ( as you love to tell others), read the article. Stop being blinded by your hate of Bush and your need to be "right" about...something. You are so far off from being "right" about this, you are actually more insane than I thought you were.

Even though we all know that you are not the shiniest bed pan in the stack even you (Queen of denial and self delusion) knows, as do the Europeans, that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan incite domestic violence among Islamic citizens.
The FBI and CIA came out this week that their fear is not insurgents following the troops home but Al Qaeda recruiting Americans for the next attack.
The war in Iraq has made us less safe.

#751675 --- 02/12/08 11:24 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

Even though I know you are the lowest scum sucker of the pond
( the napolean of of idiots and frauds)

YOU have made us less safe. Do us all a favor. Go play in fast traffic.

We are at war. You want to be safe?

Off your self. No harm will come to you.

Trust me on this one. ;-)

We can fix that.

#751677 --- 02/12/08 11:26 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Even though we all know that you are not the shiniest bed pan in the stack even you (Queen of denial and self delusion) knows, as do the Europeans, that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan incite domestic violence among Islamic citizens.
The FBI and CIA came out this week that their fear is not insurgents following the troops home but Al Qaeda recruiting Americans for the next attack.
The war in Iraq has made us less safe.

#751678 --- 02/12/08 11:28 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: SkySoldier]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: SkySoldier
Even though I know you are the lowest scum sucker of the pond
( the napolean of of idiots and frauds)

YOU have made us less safe. Do us all a favor. Go play in fast traffic.

We are at war. You want to be safe?

Off your self. No harm will come to you.

Trust me on this one. ;-)

\:D

We can fix that.

#751689 --- 02/12/08 11:53 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

As usual, you cannot support any of your views. How does fighting in Islamic countries reduce domestic European violence? We've had the nonsense about their following us home to the USA? They are already there in Europe. How does fighting in Islamic countries reduce domestic violence in Europe?

#751691 --- 02/12/08 11:55 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

eh ? quoting himself again. whatta freak.

We can fix that.

#751762 --- 02/12/08 01:51 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Trapped? You can't rebute the points I've made, can you? No one with half a brain could conclude otherwise then the war in Iraq has created more insurgents than we have killed and is responsible for a growing domestic threat.

Page 83 of 83 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83