FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 81 of 83 < 1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 >
Topic Options
#750346 --- 02/10/08 10:04 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: SkySoldier]
SkySoldier Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Finger Lakes National Forest, ...
[quote=Strawberry Jam]I did see where he posted the man is "retired" thereofre clueless on actual events of Haditha....say WHAT?????

The man is defintely a few french fries short of a happy meal. His whole concept of comeing on as "RETIRED" Soldier was to give his posts more meat to them,...by his own words...he is clueless! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We can fix that.

America is not THE problem.

Next time. Vote for the AMERICAN.

FingerLakes1.com
#750349 --- 02/10/08 10:05 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: SkySoldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
The smoke pot continues to change the subject.

#750350 --- 02/10/08 10:05 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Originally Posted By: Retired Soldier
You just need to google Petreaus's congressional testimony. Petreaus was asked two questions:
1. Is there any connection between Iraq and 9-11. Petreaus said he did not know of any.
2. Is the war in Iraq making America safer? Petreaus admitted he did not know.

So where is this exact quote:

Even General Petreaus says the war in Iraq is not making us safer?

Because saying he does not "know" if we are safer, and saying he said it is "not" making us safer, is two different things.

There in lies the spin....errr...sorry AK..."factual opinion".

#750367 --- 02/10/08 10:19 AM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

uhoh...I Googled...and looky what I have found...a clarification by Petreaus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9usKxeekz0

Pay close attention, rbs'er. Petraeus ammends his answer, after having time to think of the greater picture outside Iraq...to yes...it is making us safer.

Gee golly wilkers, I like to google for rbs'er's disinformation.

#750456 --- 02/10/08 12:00 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam

Pay close attention, rbs'er. Petraeus ammends his answer, after having time to think of the greater picture outside Iraq...to yes...it is making us safer.

Who are you going to believe about what General Petraeus said???

General Petraesus or Mr. Retired Soldier!!!

We have no need for you and your facts!!!

#750465 --- 02/10/08 12:17 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Of course, after giving an honest answer at the Congressional hearings he was encouraged by the administration to ammend his answer for political reasons. Thanks, sj.
And to those that called me a liar, you can apologize anytime.

#750498 --- 02/10/08 12:54 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Al Kida Offline

Of course, after giving an honest answer at the Congressional hearings he was encouraged by the administration to ammend his answer for political reasons. Thanks, sj.
And to those that called me a liar, you can apologize anytime.

See how he cleverly fails to mention he still has not shown quote where General Petraeus says United States is less safe!!!

You infidels will never pin Mr. Retired Soldier down!!!

#750529 --- 02/10/08 01:41 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Al Kida]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Apologize? For proving you wrong?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! \:D

Petraeus never said the war was not making us safe.
Spin, spin spin.

You are truly a delusional...something...rbs'er.

You are either completely insane, or you really are on the edge of heading that way.

#750531 --- 02/10/08 01:43 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Al Kida]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Al Kida

Who are you going to believe about what General Petraeus said???

General Petraesus or Mr. Retired Soldier!!!

We have no need for you and your facts!!!

On video, no less. \:\/

With a senator repeating Petraeus' statement. And nowhere did he say it was not making us safer.

#750533 --- 02/10/08 01:45 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Petraeus did not say the war was making us safe. He said, quite honestly, when he was asked the question during the Congressional hearings that he didn't know. Well, if he didn't know nobody does. Therefore, we have wasted nearly 4,000 KIA, 30,000+ wounded, and $2 Trillion to accomplish what?
No WMD.
No Shining Democracy in the Middle East.
Less stability.
And we have empowered Iran.
The answer is that the war has made us less safe.

#750535 --- 02/10/08 01:48 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

And so it continues:
Car bomb kills 33 in Iraq, Gates visits Baghdad By Michael Holden and Andrew Gray
1 hour, 1 minute ago
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide car bomb killed 33 people in Iraq on Sunday, a security official said, hours before U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates arrived in Baghdad to assess recent security gains and discuss troop levels.

The bomber struck a checkpoint outside a crowded market near the town of Balad in the country's north, said Colonel Hamadi Atshan, a spokesman for Iraqi security forces in the area.

The checkpoint was run by Sunni Arab volunteers who have joined U.S. forces to fight al Qaeda, Atshan said, adding women and children were among those killed in one of the worst attacks in Iraq this year. The U.S. military put the death toll at 23.

#750536 --- 02/10/08 01:49 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Petraeus did not say the war was making us safe. He said, quite honestly, when he was asked the question during the Congressional hearings that he didn't know.

Thank you for admitting (finally) you lied when you said Petraeus said we are no safer because of the Iraq War. \:\/

#750537 --- 02/10/08 01:51 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

The checkpoint was run by Sunni Arab volunteers who have joined U.S. forces to fight al Qaeda,

Iraqis joining with the US forces, to fight Al Qaeda. Imagine that. Must burn your butt, rbs'er.

#750558 --- 02/10/08 02:12 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Petraeus did not say the war was making us safe. He said, quite honestly, when he was asked the question during the Congressional hearings that he didn't know.

Thank you for admitting (finally) you lied when you said Petraeus said we are no safer because of the Iraq War. \:\/

Petraeus:

by Frank James

When Gen. David Petraeus said yesterday in response to a question from Sen. John Warner that he didn't know if the U.S. was safer because of the U.S. efforts in Iraq, it seemed like a friendly fire incident, since it is harder to find a senator more pro-military than the Virginia Republican and his question tripped up the general.

SEN. WARNER: I hope in the recesses of your heart that you know that strategy will continue the casualties, stress on our forces, stress on military families, stress on all Americans. Are you able to say at this time, if we continue what you have laid before the Congress, this strategy, that if you continue, you are making America safer?

GEN. PETRAEUS: Sir, I believe that this is indeed the best course of action to achieve our objections in Iraq.

SEN. WARNER: Does that make America safer?

GEN. PETRAEUS: Sir, I don't know actually
. I have not sat down and sorted out in my own mind. What I have focused on and been riveted on is how to accomplish the mission of the Multinational Force in Iraq.

Now show me where he said we were not safer? \:\/

#750569 --- 02/10/08 02:27 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

sj, you read your own post and quote. I said Petreaus said he didn't know. If he didn't know its because there is no evidence it is. If there is no evidence it is, the only conclusion a rational person can come to is that the Iraq war has no effect on the safety of the US, therefore, it is not making us safer.

#750609 --- 02/10/08 03:25 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

sj, you read your own post and quote. I said Petreaus said he didn't know. If he didn't know its because there is no evidence it is. If there is no evidence it is, the only conclusion a rational person can come to is that the Iraq war has no effect on the safety of the US, therefore, it is not making us safer.

Wow, maybe you should be checked for Alzheimer's...you just posted this this morning. \:\/

Over 70% of the American public disagree with you. They do not consider the war to have been worth fighting and they don't think we are winning.
Even General Petreaus says the war in Iraq is not making us safer? What is your current justification for fighting it?

Edited by Strawberry Jam (02/10/08 03:26 PM)

#750611 --- 02/10/08 03:25 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Retired Soldier]
Al Kida Offline

the Iraq war has no effect on the safety of the US

Retired Soldier!!!

What are you saying!!!

#750619 --- 02/10/08 03:37 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Al Kida]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Retired Soldier!!!

What are you saying!!!

He hasn't a clue. He is so busy spinning, it is difficult for him to have a clear thought. Just more psycho-babble. \:\/

#750623 --- 02/10/08 03:45 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Al Kida Offline

Retired Soldier!!!

What are you saying!!!

He hasn't a clue. He is so busy spinning, it is difficult for him to have a clear thought. Just more psycho-babble. \:\/

What have you infidels done to him???

He just said 'the war in Iraq is not making us safer'!!!

Now you use inhumane torture to make him say 'the Iraq war has no effect on the safety of the US' thereby destroying his own argument!!!

#750654 --- 02/10/08 05:20 PM Re: The reason we are WINNING in Afghanistan and I [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Wow, maybe you should be checked for Alzheimer's...you just posted this this morning. \:\/

Read your quote. Petreaus did not say the war in Iraq is making us safer. True statement. He didn't. He said he didn't know. Thank God you are no longer working with patients since you obviously cannot read and understand simple English.

Over 70% of the American public disagree with you. They do not consider the war to have been worth fighting and they don't think we are winning.
Even General Petreaus says the war in Iraq is not making us safer? What is your current justification for fighting it?

Page 81 of 83 < 1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 >