FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21
Topic Options
#584235 --- 06/01/07 11:57 AM Re: Smokers [Re: BraveHeart]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Originally Posted By: BraveHeart
If you saw me, you would know thats not true.

Started working out again. Hoping to loose it and then some.

Running, calestenics. hitting the bag, katas,

That's great. I need to re-join a gym and get working out too. What is it about reaching your 40's that the weight just doesn't come off that easily anymore?

FingerLakes1.com
#584237 --- 06/01/07 11:58 AM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: past tense
Same here...idk what the dreaming is about. My dream was a party at the SMS and I snuck off to smoke w/ my friend and my mom caught me LOL.

Are we heading toward another full moon? I usually have some strange dreams during the full moon cycle. And last night, I had some winners.

#584238 --- 06/01/07 11:58 AM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Same here...idk what the dreaming is about. My dream was a party at the SMS and I snuck off to smoke w/ my friend and my mom caught me LOL.

Are we heading toward another full moon? I usually have some strange dreams during the full moon cycle. And last night, I had some winners.

#585837 --- 06/04/07 10:37 PM Re: Smokers [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
FOUR MONTHS today. I've never gone this long without ONE cigarette since I was - I hate to admit this - probably 16! Every time I've quit I've cheated - every single time. We went to a party the other night and there were a few smokers there and it was tough but I didn't cave. What cracks me up is that our one friend is this total hippie type - won't eat chicken because of the health risks, only eats organic beef and pork, etc. but he smokes CAMEL LIGHTS. lol. I mean, I love him to pieces and he's one of my favorite people I've met since we've been here but I can't understand how he can lecture me about my chicken sandwich while he sucks on a stoge! All I know is I feel great. But damn I miss it

#585866 --- 06/05/07 01:19 AM Re: Smokers [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma

We just passed one, and although I've never connected the moon phase with dreaming, I've been dreaming vividly the last few days, myself, including last night (Sun.), especially. I'll try to remember to see if there's any connection in the future.

It was a "blue moon", i.e., the 2nd full moon in a calander month.

#586168 --- 06/05/07 01:01 PM Re: Smokers [Re: VM Smith]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Loc: TOV Seneca Falls
Smoking is like dancing with a bear. Its fun when you first start, but then you get tired and want to stop, but the bear does not.

Andrea Little to Fearless
AMF

#586350 --- 06/05/07 05:46 PM Re: Smokers [Re: BraveHeart]
MorganHills Offline

Loc: On a tangent
I love smoking too, unfortunately, it so sucks for my cardiac heritage. So I make a deal with the devil a coupla times a year to have 1 or 3; then that's it. I always end up feeling like o YUCK why did I do THAT?...but at the time it's a little like a spiritual communion...hard to explain.

#586364 --- 06/05/07 06:25 PM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

FOUR MONTHS today. I've never gone this long without ONE cigarette since I was - I hate to admit this - probably 16! Every time I've quit I've cheated - every single time. We went to a party the other night and there were a few smokers there and it was tough but I didn't cave. What cracks me up is that our one friend is this total hippie type - won't eat chicken because of the health risks, only eats organic beef and pork, etc. but he smokes CAMEL LIGHTS. lol. I mean, I love him to pieces and he's one of my favorite people I've met since we've been here but I can't understand how he can lecture me about my chicken sandwich while he sucks on a stoge! All I know is I feel great. But damn I miss it

It's a good miss. Keep up the good work.

#586428 --- 06/05/07 08:00 PM Re: Smokers [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Thanks. One day at a time. At least I don't want to smoke all the time anymore. Usually just when I'm drinking or after a particularly wonderful meal w/ coffee or tea.

#586438 --- 06/05/07 08:14 PM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
donedirtcheap Offline

Loc: boondocks
thats the hard part...not smoking when your drinking...I average about a half pack a day ...drinking..it can go to 2 packs in a night...and my chest feels it the next morning..Im sorta scared to start this chantex and be around the people smoking this summer with all the partys and all that go on...should of tried it in the winter when Im more isolated to get a better handle on it..but Im gonna give it my best shot

#586453 --- 06/05/07 08:25 PM Re: Smokers [Re: donedirtcheap]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Just do it. There is no such thing as a better time than the next, trust me. I've quit in the winter, the spring, the summer, the fall. I've tried quitting and not drinking, quitting and drinking, quitting and doing everything else. It's willpower, plain and simple. Yes, you have to break some habits. For example, I had to stop, um, living in NY. LOL. Seriously though you do have to watch yourself, maybe drink less (so much easier to say - eh, just one or two when you are drinking), but the long and short of it is your will to do it. I think the stuff about being "ready" or whatever is a myth. If you like it you're never gonna be ready which SUCKS. Changing habits just makes it a little easier...but ultimately it's about you saying "no" because you know it's not good for you. I hate that.

#586682 --- 06/06/07 09:03 AM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
Gold Member

At least if you're drinking in a bar there aren't people smoking around you.

But drinking and after meals are two of the toughest situations to get through at first.

#586716 --- 06/06/07 09:57 AM Re: Smokers [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I never minded the smoking ban - even when I was working - b/c you just smoke so much less.

#586717 --- 06/06/07 09:58 AM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
BraveHeart Offline
Gold Member

Loc: TOV Seneca Falls
I did at first, but now its okay with me.
AMF

#586719 --- 06/06/07 10:01 AM Re: Smokers [Re: BraveHeart]
Gold Member

I only mentioned it because pre-ban the urge to smoke would be greater since people around you would be smoking.

#586720 --- 06/06/07 10:04 AM Re: Smokers [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Oh yeah! I know. I wasn't tending bar when the ban went into effect but I was a smoker. At first I was like "ahhhhhhhhh! this sucks" but that was for about 15 minutes, honestly. The next day I didn't STINK, I smoked about 1/2 what I did normally, and my hangover was practically non-existent. That's a big difference - the reduction in hangover. I had no idea how much of that was from smoking...of course now some of it is from age...lol

When I went back to tending bar I was happy not to be able to smoke when I was working b/c when I could I ALWAYS had one lit. Blech. Except for those nights (like night before T-giving) when you just almost CAN'T get away from the bar, the ban is awesome...unpopular maybe, but awesome. lol

#586865 --- 06/06/07 02:48 PM Re: Smokers [Re: past tense]
taures7 Offline

Loc: seneca county
i need to quit

Page 21 of 21 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21