FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#580586 --- 05/23/07 12:56 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Al Kida]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
What is unnerving is this kid is from the same town a friend of mine lives in.

FingerLakes1.com
#580622 --- 05/23/07 02:16 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Al Kida]
Sausage Offline

Loc: The Meat Grinder
Good evening!

The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies -- that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms -- of the type so often committed by my wife.

"All wood burns," states Sir Bedevere. "Therefore," he concludes, "all that burns is wood."

This is, of course, pure bullsh*t! Universal affirmatives can only be partially converted. All of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan. Obvious one would think.

However, my wife does not understand this necessary limitation of the conversion of a proposition. Consequently, she does not understand me. For how can a woman expect to appreciate a professor of logic if the simplest cloth-eared syllogism causes her to flounder.

For example: given the premise, "All fish live underwater" and "All mackerel are fish", my wife will conclude, not that "All mackerel live underwater", but that "If she buys kippers it will not rain" or that "Trout live in trees" or even that "I do not love her any more."

This she calls "using her intuition". I call it "crap" and it gets me very IRRITATED because it is not logical!

"There will be no supper tonight," she will sometimes cry upon my return home.

"Why not?" I will ask.

"Because I have been screwing the milkman all day," she will say, quite oblivious of the howling error she has made.

"But," I will wearily point out, "even given that the activities of screwing the milkman and getting supper are mutually exclusive, now that the screwing is over, surely then, supper may, logically, be got."

"You don't love me any more!" she will now often postulate. "If you did, you would give me one now and again so that I would not have to rely on that rancid Pakistani for my orgasms!"

"I will give you one after you have got me my supper!" I now usually scream, "but not before" -- as you understand, making her bang contingent on the arrival of my supper.

"God, you turn me on when you're angry, you ancient brute!" she now mysteriously deduces, forcing her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat.

"F**k supper!" I now invariably conclude, throwing logic somewhat joyously to the four winds, and so we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yoghurt....

I'm afraid I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief. But in a nutshell, sex is more fun than logic. One cannot prove this, but it IS in the same sense that Mount Everest IS, or that Alma Cogan ISN'T.

Goodnight.

#580641 --- 05/23/07 02:46 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Al Kida
Originally Posted By: Festus!
Timothy McVeigh was a Christian.

Yes. But when a Christian blows up innocent women and children with a bomb they go to hell.

When one of my peoples blows up innocent women and children, well then . . "The least reward for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby." - Hadith number 2,562 in the collection known as the Sunan al-Tirmidhi.

Hey! My engagement ring is an aquamarine! I must be in your heaven! I knew I was so happy for a reason.

#580642 --- 05/23/07 02:46 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Hey Sass, lighten up. Take the link out of your butt. Sorry I had to prove - AGAIN - that Christians are as capable of evil as Muslims. I know it's hard to accept.

Edited by past tense (05/23/07 02:47 PM)

#580645 --- 05/23/07 02:47 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
greenelf Offline

Sausage-Hon, that's the best post you've ever made! I'm sure you didn't write it-but who cares. ROTFLMAO! Gonna cut and paste it to a friend right now......

#580647 --- 05/23/07 02:50 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: greenelf]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

lol - of course he didn't write it - or source it.

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/g-logic.htm

#580666 --- 05/23/07 04:25 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: greenelf]
Sausage Offline

Originally Posted By: greenelf
Sausage-Hon, that's the best post you've ever made! I'm sure you didn't write it-but who cares. ROTFLMAO! Gonna cut and paste it to a friend right now......

Of course I didnt write it \:\)
Everyone who knows anything about Pythonese, knows about the logic of Alama Cogin.
But the expert who posted above already gave out the link.
(and had to put in the dig about me not writing it..) But who cares? It satisfies her little Alaskan Ego.
"Umma kawie gloc mosnt!"

#580667 --- 05/23/07 04:27 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
Sausage Offline

If anyone cares, that was Alaskan for "Wink say no more!"

#580673 --- 05/23/07 04:38 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I'm not Alaskan, first of all. I'm a New Yorker LIVING IN Alaska. As such, my ego - like yours - is thoroughly New York-an \:\/ Also, "Alaskan" isn't a language. There are several indigenous Native languages throughout the state, however.

Second, I just don't like it when people don't cite their source. It's plagiarism.

Either way, you're a douche. Cheers!

Edited by past tense (05/23/07 04:40 PM)

#580682 --- 05/23/07 04:52 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
Sausage Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
I'm not Alaskan, first of all. I'm a New Yorker LIVING IN Alaska. As such, my ego - like yours - is thoroughly New York-an \:\/ Also, "Alaskan" isn't a language. There are several indigenous Native languages throughout the state, however.

Second, I just don't like it when people don't cite their source. It's plagiarism.

Either way, you're a douche. Cheers!

Either way, you take yourself way to seriously, secondlee, noone cares but you, thirdlie, take a whale pill (ooops ya already did) and slide yer ass down to the Bearing Strait and pick up some herring for us back here in civilization.

#580690 --- 05/23/07 04:58 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Plagiarist says wha?

#580703 --- 05/23/07 05:19 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
Sausage Offline

Ah gots muh a kewl gnu speer an ahm gonna gits me sum waylez - PT

#580708 --- 05/23/07 05:22 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
Originally Posted By: Al Kida
Originally Posted By: Festus!
Timothy McVeigh was a Christian.

Yes. But when a Christian blows up innocent women and children with a bomb they go to hell.

When one of my peoples blows up innocent women and children, well then . . "The least reward for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby." - Hadith number 2,562 in the collection known as the Sunan al-Tirmidhi.

Hey! My engagement ring is an aquamarine! I must be in your heaven! I knew I was so happy for a reason.

Yes. You are one of my 80,000 servants for we all know you are not wife material.

#580711 --- 05/23/07 05:25 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Oh no! A douche who pretends to be a terrorist thinks I'll be a bad wife! Devastating.

#580723 --- 05/23/07 05:41 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
Sausage Offline

Only if you dont bring home the wayle meat!

#580729 --- 05/23/07 05:57 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I thought the man brought home the meat? That's what my How to be a Submissive Alaskan Wife guide says anyway.

#580740 --- 05/23/07 06:38 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: past tense]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I bet that book got burned. LOL

#580759 --- 05/23/07 07:12 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
greenelf Offline

...".It ain't the meat, it's the motion."--Maria Muldaur

#580821 --- 05/23/07 08:06 PM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: greenelf]
Sausage Offline

Q: If women with big boobs work at Hooters, where do girls with one leg work?
A: IHOP.

#580925 --- 05/24/07 12:13 AM Re: I thought only Muslims liked bombs? [Re: Sausage]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
What the hell is wayle meat? Are you really that stupid or was that a lame attempt at misspelling to mock PT? Either way it is pretty idiotic.

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >