FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#672968 --- 10/30/07 05:22 PM Re: Diet [Re: Saphire]
Rick-the-Builder Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Finger Lakes USA
Originally Posted By: Saphire
I think one of the hardest foods for me to give up is going to be cheese....I could live on it...Although, I have been doing pretty good "saying no".....

Here's a tip: when wanting that cheese envision eating a piece of butter the same size...Similar calories and fat content.

FingerLakes1.com
#673010 --- 10/30/07 06:18 PM Re: Diet [Re: past tense]
Saphire Offline

Loc: Through the Looking Glass
Thanks PT...Some great suggestions...We too like the tomatoe/cucumber salad...Sometimes I'll throw in a vadaila onion..

I have had the Annie's mac and cheese and it is good...

As far as the soy goes, the only thing I've had with soy is Chai...I haven't gotten up the nerve to try it straight..I think I'll buy some of the silk and ease my way into it, like you said, in my coffee....Have you ever had it over cereal??? I'm a huge skim milk fan and I don't think I would ever be able to give that up.

One of my favorite things to do with vegetables in to just steam them and throw some butter buds on them...You really never miss the real butter.

#673012 --- 10/30/07 06:20 PM Re: Diet [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
Saphire Offline

Another great idea Rick...I will try that for sure.

#673025 --- 10/30/07 06:31 PM Re: Diet [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
SilverRose Offline

Loc: Heart of the Lakes
I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread for so long, but it's full of great information and advice! Thanks for all the input...I'm gonna try some of the helpful hints.

I've been trying to switch over to more fruits and veggies, too. My biggest problem with weight loss plans is the measuring, planning, shopping, exchanges, etc., etc., etc. (I'm a weight watcher's drop out lol)

Then I found two websites - First Path with a 7-day plan and TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) with a 28 day plan! I think the Tops plan also has recipes. Both plans list every food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks - I chose the 1500 calorie plan with both diets because I've read that 1500 calories is the lowest number you can eat and still get all the nutrients you need. 1200 or 2000 calorie plans are also on the First Path Plan.

http://tops.org/ for the TOPS program
http://www.tops.org/ReadArticle.asp?articleId=1146 for the menu plan - you have to click on each day and it brings up a 1500 and 1800 calorie plan.

http://www.firstpath.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=firstpath/story.html?article=1340 First Path diet plan.

I printed each day's diet off on a 4x6 index card for both diet plans and put them in a small photo album. I take it to the store with me to make grocery shopping easier.

I like First Path the best because there's no fancy food - just plain, good, 'cheap' and yummy foods, and foods that are easily portable for lunches. Also, the dinners are something you could order at a restaurant. You don't feel at all deprived, because you're eating all day long.

My only suggestion is not to feel obligated to eating ALL that they list. Days 3 and 6 have 2 cups of pasta!!!

If you get a chance, let me know what you think. Thanks!

#673035 --- 10/30/07 06:38 PM Re: Diet [Re: SilverRose]
Saphire Offline

I felt the same way as you SR...I was just searching the threads and came across this one...I think it is loaded with useful information..

My ex-father-in-law was in Tops...Yearssssss ago...He did very well with it..I think that things have improved since then and science has certainly advanced in this area...

I found that it helps greatly to be a part of a forum like this where people can chat and exchange ideas...It helps to have the support of others as well...

#1490725 --- 10/12/16 11:46 PM Re: Diet [Re: SilverRose]
Barbara J. Chamb Offline

Loc: CT, USA
Originally Posted By: SilverRose
I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread for so long, but it's full of great information and advice! Thanks for all the input...I'm gonna try some of the helpful hints.

I've been trying to switch over to more fruits and veggies, too. My biggest problem with weight loss plans is the measuring, planning, shopping, exchanges, etc., etc., etc. (I'm a weight watcher's drop out lol)

Then I found two websites - First Path with a 7-day plan and TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) with a 28 day plan! I think the Tops plan also has recipes. Both plans list every food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks - I chose the 1500 calorie plan with both diets because I've read that 1500 calories is the lowest number you can eat and still get all the nutrients you need. 1200 or 2000 calorie plans are also on the First Path Plan.

http://tops.org/ for the TOPS program
http://www.tops.org/ReadArticle.asp?articleId=1146 for the menu plan - you have to click on each day and it brings up a 1500 and 1800 calorie plan.

http://www.wordsiseek.com/alkaline-foods-list-chart-diet-plan/ Alkaline Diet Plan.

I printed each day's diet off on a 4x6 index card for both diet plans and put them in a small photo album. I take it to the store with me to make grocery shopping easier.

I like First Path the best because there's no fancy food - just plain, good, 'cheap' and yummy foods, and foods that are easily portable for lunches. Also, the dinners are something you could order at a restaurant. You don't feel at all deprived, because you're eating all day long.

My only suggestion is not to feel obligated to eating ALL that they list. Days 3 and 6 have 2 cups of pasta!!!

If you get a chance, let me know what you think. Thanks!

I have been practicing the alkaline diet from months and getting the positive response so far. Have you ever used this plan? Should i share you the details of alkaline diet ?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5