FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#572022 --- 05/04/07 12:47 AM Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard
Gold Member

Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard
BOISE, Idaho, May 3 (UPI) -- Two moms in Idaho don't appreciate the humor of a radio station's billboard depicting two goofy morning show hosts' faces pasted over a woman's breasts.
The billboard for radio station 96.9, "The Eagle," in Boise, Idaho, proclaims "Two Boobs in the Morning" in an attempt to draw attention to the syndicated Bob and Tom Show, program manager Scott Souhrada told CNN. But Carrie Dayley and Kayla Mooso say its sexist and inappropriate.

"I don't want that tolerated in my community," Dayley said. "I don't think it's appropriate anywhere, really."

Souhrada said the morning show is geared to men 25 to 54 years old and the billboard at a prominent intersection was meant to attract them. The woman shown on the billboard is clothed but bares ample cleavage. Souhrada said there's other advertising around that is "much more provocative," CNN reported Wednesday.

But Mooso objects because she can't avoid it as she can other media messages she finds objectionable. She said her two children don't find it humorous, either. "My 7-year-old said 'Mom, that's gross. That's immodest,'" she said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2007/05/03/moms_dont_appreciate_boobs_billboard/

FingerLakes1.com
#572024 --- 05/04/07 12:49 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
Gold Member

#572032 --- 05/04/07 01:12 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Oh please...that sign is harmless. I wonder if these Moms breast fed in public. Nothing wrong with that, either. Boobs are just boobs....I know, that's profound..ain't it? ;\)

#572041 --- 05/04/07 01:21 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Temporarily Assigned
What a boob!

#572174 --- 05/04/07 11:46 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

#572185 --- 05/04/07 12:13 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
The ones that are offended probably don't have much to offer in the boob department. Now if my memory serves me correctly, SBJ isn't one of those ladies... \:\)

#572198 --- 05/04/07 12:51 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Tabbytails Offline

Loc: Here Abouts.
For goodness sake...these women need a sense of humor.

...and a 7 yr old said it was immodest?? What 7 yr old talks like that???

#572201 --- 05/04/07 01:00 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Festus!
Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard
BOISE, Idaho, May 3 (UPI) -- Two moms in Idaho don't appreciate the humor of a radio station's billboard depicting two goofy morning show hosts' faces pasted over a woman's breasts.

Sounds like we've found the Bible-Belt West.

#572208 --- 05/04/07 01:33 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Josephus]
Tiger Lily Offline

Loc: lost
I think that's cute, a play on words. And you're right a 7 year old probably said what she heard.

#572220 --- 05/04/07 02:07 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Tiger Lily]
Gold Member

TheIndyChannel.com

POSTED: 10:28 am EDT May 2, 2007
UPDATED: 5:59 pm EDT May 2, 2007

BOISE, Idaho -- A Boise radio station decided Wednesday to take down a billboard advertisement promoting the Indianapolis-based "Bob and Tom" radio show after people complained it was too racy, a representative said.

The billboard showed likenesses of the show's hosts, Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold, strategically placed on a tight T-shirt covering a woman's chest.

"'The Bob and Tom Show' did not create this billboard ad but support their Boise affiliate in their decision to discontinue using it," the show said in an e-mailed statement Wednesday afternoon.

Some parents said they were upset that their children were seeing the ad.

"My kids both saw it and my daughter is 7 and she said, 'Mom, that's gross, that's immodest,'" Kayla Mooso said. "I think that's against my parental rights because I can't turn it off like I can when I choose not to buy a magazine or I choose not to go to the back of the video store."

Before the decision to discontinue the ad was made, Scott Souhrada, the program director of the Boise station that carries the show, said he thought the billboard spoke to the audience he is trying to reach.

"The audience for 'The Bob and Tom Show' is predominately men 25-54 and we thought that would appeal to them and attract their attention," Souhrada said.

The radio show originates at WFBQ in Indianapolis.

http://www.theindychannel.com/entertainment/13241978/detail.html

#572223 --- 05/04/07 02:11 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Well I hope she puts blinders on her children and keeps them away from beaches, malls, well...just about everywhere with summer approaching.

...and a seven year old using the word "immodest"...hmmmm...I could buy the "that's gross part", but the word "immodest" just seems a little mature for a 7 year old to use.

#572237 --- 05/04/07 02:24 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Gold Member

I'd be willin ta bet it was the expression "Two boobs in the morning" more'n the pichure they ubjekted to.

#572238 --- 05/04/07 02:24 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
Gold Member

Prudes is just as worse as pervs.

#572243 --- 05/04/07 02:34 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
All this does is perpetuate the idea that a woman's body - specifically, her breasts - are "dirty" which is ridiculous. They are BREASTS for chrissakes. What's really sad is how ashamed women are of their own bodies.

#572258 --- 05/04/07 02:54 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
greenelf Offline

I remember an item back in the early '80's-starlet Pia Zadora-anyone remember her?-had a rich husband who was promoting the hell out of her non-career back then. He put up a huge billboard of the pint sized nymphet wearing, oh, two band aids and a hockey puck or something-and the billboard's location, near a sharp curve on a busy highway-caused multiple car accidents until complaints caused it's removal. The Bob & Tom show is hilarious-the billboard hasn't caused any accidents-every body should just calm the hell down.

#572270 --- 05/04/07 03:08 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
What's really sad is how ashamed women are of their own bodies.

What is really sad is the ones that should be ashamed of their bodies are the ones that are not.

#572485 --- 05/04/07 11:22 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Al Kida]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
what they should be ashamed of is covering up a magnificent pair with those two morons' mugs....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#572499 --- 05/04/07 11:40 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
nice cans

#572501 --- 05/04/07 11:46 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

All this does is perpetuate the idea that a woman's body - specifically, her breasts - are "dirty" which is ridiculous. They are BREASTS for chrissakes. What's really sad is how ashamed women are of their own bodies.

Whats even worse is we can't enjoy them as nature intended, lest we be labled filthy perverts.

Now that is the real crime!

Men are NOT dirty!

#572518 --- 05/05/07 12:30 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

I like being dirty though.....

#572531 --- 05/05/07 01:12 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: ]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Great. Now she's taught her 7-yr-old that breasts are gross.

#572539 --- 05/05/07 01:35 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
MorganHills Offline

Loc: On a tangent
Breasts are for breast feeding (and to make a shirt look nice.)
I "firmly" believe that all women should breast feed their babies..it's what they're for!
Women are influenced by their Moms in this decision often times;
My Mother and older sister thought it barbaric to breast feed..I disagreed..to each his/her own.

#572568 --- 05/05/07 02:42 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Um, ok - the thought of breast feeding absolutely repulses me, but I still think it's ridiculous to make women feel ashamed of their bodies by deeming an illustrated breast too racy for people to handle.

#572572 --- 05/05/07 02:49 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
MorganHills Offline

yikes how the heck could it REPULSE you? that is strong language.
if you haven't had a baby\ yet..you may feel differently when/if a kidlet is in the womb.. all things change when one is your own flesh and blood

#572583 --- 05/05/07 05:02 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Yeah, PT, just wait:

"The hormone best known for its role in inducing labor may influence our ability to bond with others, according to researchers at the University of California, San Francisco.

In a preliminary study, the hormone oxytocin was shown to be associated with the ability to maintain healthy interpersonal relationships and healthy psychological boundaries with other people. The study appears in the July issue of Psychiatry.

"This is one of the first looks into the biological basis for human attachment and bonding," said Rebecca Turner, PhD, UCSF adjunct assistant professor of psychiatry and lead author of the study. "Our study indicates that oxytocin may be mediating emotional experiences in close relationships."

The study builds upon previous knowledge of the important role oxytocin plays in the reproductive life of mammals. The hormone facilitates nest building and pup retrieval in rats, acceptance of offspring in sheep, and the formation of adult pair-bonds in prairie voles. In humans, oxytocin stimulates milk ejection during lactation, uterine contraction during birth, and is released during sexual orgasm in both men and women.

Turner and her colleagues tested the idea that oxytocin is released in response to intense emotional states in addition to physical cues. Twenty-six non-lactating women between the ages of 23 and 35 were asked to recall and re-experience a past relationship event that caused them to feel a positive emotion, such as love or infatuation, and a negative emotion, such as loss or abandonment. Because massage done on rats had previously been shown to influence oxytocin levels, the participants also received a 15-minute Swedish massage of the neck and shoulders. Blood samples were taken before, during, and after each of the three events to measure baseline oxytocin levels in the bloodstream and any change.

The results, on average, were of borderline significance - relaxation massage caused oxytocin levels to rise slightly and recollection of a negative emotion caused oxytocin levels to fall slightly. Recollection of a positive emotion, on average, had no effect.

What surprised the researchers, however, was how differently each woman responded. Some participants showed substantial increases and decreases while others were largely unaffected.

"We decided to look at the interpersonal characteristics of individual women to see if there was a correlation with changes in their oxytocin levels," said Turner, who is also the director of Student Research at the California School of Professional Psychology, Alameda campus. "We found a significant difference between women who reported distress and anxiety in their relationships and women who were more secure in their relationships."

Different questionnaires, including the Inventory of Interpersonal Problems and the Adult Attachment Scale, were used to assess each woman's previous experiences with personal and close relationships. The results were significantly correlated with the recorded changes in bloodstream oxytocin levels.

Women whose oxytocin levels rose in response to massage and remembering a positive relationship reported having little difficulty setting appropriate boundaries, being alone, and trying too hard to please others. Women whose oxytocin levels fell in response to remembering a negative emotional relationship reported greater problems with experiencing anxiety in close relationships.

"It seems that having this hormone "available" during positive experiences, and not being depleted of it during negative experiences, is associated with well-being in relationships," said Turner.

In addition, women who were currently involved in a committed relationship experienced greater oxytocin increases in response to positive emotions than single women. The researchers speculate that a close, regular relationship may influence the responsiveness of the hormone, said Turner.

These preliminary findings bring up some intriguing questions, said Teresa McGuinness, MD, PhD, UCSF clinical psychiatry faculty member and co-author of the paper. Because oxytocin is released in men and women during sexual orgasm, it may be involved in adult bonding, said Turner. There is also speculation that in addition to facilitating lactation and the birthing process, the hormone facilitates the emotional bond between mother and child.

"Evolutionarily speaking, it makes sense that during pregnancy and the postpartum, both a woman's body and her mind would be stimulated to nurture her child," said Turner.

Oxytocin may also play a role in the higher levels of depression and interpersonal stress seen in women, said Turner. According to most psychiatrists, women experience depression twice as often as men and tend to be more affected by relationship difficulties. Turner and her colleagues hope that their work on oxytocin will guide future research on the psychiatric conditions of men and women.

"Our results provide the groundwork for further studies looking at the way hormones may be affecting human attachment," said Turner. "We know that oxytocin is one of the hormones that can facilitate bonding in other animals, but this is the first step in exploring whether it plays a role in the emotional behavior of humans."

In addition to Turner and McGuinness, authors of the paper include Margaret Altemus, MD, assistant professor of psychiatry at Cornell University Medical College; Teresa Enos, PhD, a graduate of the California School of Professional Psychology; and Bruce Cooper, PhD, professor at the California School of Professional Psychology."

#572625 --- 05/05/07 11:16 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Oh Stop!

Breasts are for good clean fun!

Stop making a mockery of my obsession please.

#572693 --- 05/05/07 03:44 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: MorganHills
if you haven't had a baby\ yet..you may feel differently when/if a kidlet is in the womb.. all things change when one is your own flesh and blood

What? It repulses me. Sorry. I used "repulse" because, strong or not, it's the best word to describe how I feel when I try to imagine myself doing it. b.l.e.c.h.

Blah blah blah babies. I get it. Be all, end all of your existence, yadda yadda yadda. That might seem strong, too, but I also kind of resent the implication - not just from you but from every other person on the planet - that if you don't desire children, or if breast feeding doesn't appeal to you, that you are somehow defective. At 30 it's gotten a little old for me...

But you are right about one thing - the breast is about motherhood and feeding. It's completely natural and normal - it's a freaking lump of flesh and fat and veins and milk ducts. We should be SO ashamed of them!

Edited by past tense (05/05/07 04:01 PM)

#572694 --- 05/05/07 03:45 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Obsessions 'r Us, man.

#572769 --- 05/05/07 05:44 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Nature is so wonderful.......

#572833 --- 05/06/07 12:11 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Don L Offline

God is good.

#572838 --- 05/06/07 12:24 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

What? It repulses me. Sorry. I used "repulse" because, strong or not, it's the best word to describe how I feel when I try to imagine myself doing it. b.l.e.c.h.

Blah blah blah babies. I get it. Be all, end all of your existence, yadda yadda yadda. That might seem strong, too, but I also kind of resent the implication - not just from you but from every other person on the planet - that if you don't desire children, or if breast feeding doesn't appeal to you, that you are somehow defective. At 30 it's gotten a little old for me...

But you are right about one thing - the breast is about motherhood and feeding. It's completely natural and normal - it's a freaking lump of flesh and fat and veins and milk ducts. We should be SO ashamed of them!

I am wearing turtlenecks from now on.

Seriously though, the idea of breastfeeding being repulsive is not new. That is why long before formula was invented their were wet nurses. They breastfed for women who did not want to breastfeed for one reason or another, some repulsed by the idea or it was "beneath" them. Or, they simply were not producing enough breast milk/healthy breast milk. When I had my first son, my then landlady said I was "so lucky" to breastfeed as she had what doctor's had labeled back in the 40's as "blue milk" , it was nutricious enough for her child.

And once you get a bad case of "mastitis" (no, it doesnt just happen to cows), ya kind of forget the wonderful closeness to your baby while breastfeeding. It is why I had to stop with my youngest. He wanted a bottle as he had after surgery, was not taking the breast, and I became "engorged", which led to the mastitis. It sucks. But, I do miss the time I could hold my child and rock him to sleep while breastfeeding. But, it is a nice memory. Mothers who bottle feed have just as nice memories.

Anyhow, just wanted to let PT and MH know, PT is not alone in her feelings of not liking the idea of breastfeeding. Neither did my daughter, but she gave it a try. She was not comfortable that much with her first son, but is doing very well with the newest one. She is switching over to bottle as she will be working soon and it will make life more simpler for her.

#572839 --- 05/06/07 12:26 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
MorganHills Offline

It is amazing men are obsessed with veiny fleshy ductwork..and apologies if you thought I was implying that women were less than whole if they didn't reproduce or lactate. Personally, I didn't even start thinking kids were all that cute until age 32 or so ('cept my nephew when he was born when I was 18).

#572851 --- 05/06/07 01:26 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

lol - well maybe there's hope for me in the next 24 months then... I'm a little overly sensitive to the topic though so my apologies if I jumped the gun. You really can't win in the society we live in today - the obsession over celebrity pregnancy for example - is she pregnant? are you pregnant? are you going to have kids? when? with who? how many? how long between each one? and the constant "bumpwatch" stuff? i'm just as susceptible to it as anyone else - i read celebrity baby blog, too! lol

I mean - WHAT!? And on a smaller scale I find it in my own life too - I find it very intrusive at this point to be asked about my reproductive plans because one assumes that when one is asked a question, the asker is prepared to hear a variety of answers. I have yet to answer "I don't plan on having children" without being met with shock and horror, and without having to launch into an entirely different conversation about why and with the asker foisting upon me all of the gloriousness of children and parenthood and oh but you have to-ness... and I hate that. Maybe I wouldn't if men who didn't have children or plan on having children got the same kind of treatment.

But I digress...back to boobies...

#572853 --- 05/06/07 01:33 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Why is it amazing that men are obsessed with breasts? No one sets out to be...it's just a part of nature. Probably an instinct where a man looks for a woman who is capable of nursing children. Much like the instinct that has some women obsessed with men with muscular builds and broad shoulders. A man who was capable of providing for her and her offspring.

#572859 --- 05/06/07 01:42 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Josephus]
MorganHills Offline

maybe it's like bagging a buck w/ a huge "rack"?? If a guy gets a voluptuous woman, it's a prize??

#572866 --- 05/06/07 01:57 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

lol - well maybe there's hope for me in the next 24 months then... I'm a little overly sensitive to the topic though so my apologies if I jumped the gun. You really can't win in the society we live in today - the obsession over celebrity pregnancy for example - is she pregnant? are you pregnant? are you going to have kids? when? with who? how many? how long between each one? and the constant "bumpwatch" stuff? i'm just as susceptible to it as anyone else - i read celebrity baby blog, too! lol

I mean - WHAT!? And on a smaller scale I find it in my own life too - I find it very intrusive at this point to be asked about my reproductive plans because one assumes that when one is asked a question, the asker is prepared to hear a variety of answers. I have yet to answer "I don't plan on having children" without being met with shock and horror, and without having to launch into an entirely different conversation about why and with the asker foisting upon me all of the gloriousness of children and parenthood and oh but you have to-ness... and I hate that. Maybe I wouldn't if men who didn't have children or plan on having children got the same kind of treatment.

I like boobies....

#572872 --- 05/06/07 02:20 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
MorganHills Offline

Originally Posted By: Gio

I like boobies....
Blue Footed or otherwise?

#572935 --- 05/06/07 06:24 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
I like tits. What's the big deal about tits?

#572943 --- 05/06/07 08:18 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Men are not mothers. I know that may be toO far reaching.

#572944 --- 05/06/07 08:19 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: MorganHills]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

maybe it's like bagging a buck w/ a huge "rack"?? If a guy gets a voluptuous woman, it's a prize??

No its just terribly exciting.

WE REALLY ARE THAT SIMPLE!

#572998 --- 05/06/07 11:12 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
donedirtcheap Offline

Loc: boondocks
That pic puts a new perspective on the term "jug heads"

#573007 --- 05/06/07 11:22 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: donedirtcheap]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Just think of it lit up at night... "Mammeries...all alone in the moonlight...". \:\/

#573071 --- 05/06/07 02:28 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Just think of it lit up at night... "Mammeries...all alone in the moonlight...". \:\/

Don't get me going!

#573082 --- 05/06/07 04:20 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

LOL! Isn't that from the play "Cats"...or is there another word that begins with "P" that we should substitute?

#573106 --- 05/06/07 05:32 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Eomer

Why is that far reaching? Men are as programmed to procreate as women, and yet they are hardly branded as "unnatural" or "dysfunctional" if they don't want to have children. Women who do not desire children have a LOT more explaining to do...it's annoying. Like I'm supposed to want to get fat, push a child out of my VAGINA, have it hang off of my breast for six to eight months, and spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for them (lets not pretend THAT ends at 18 - my mommy is coming to Alaska to help me organize my new apartment and I'm THIRTY hehehe)? But if a man doesn't want a kid - eh, whatever! He's a man! Not so much.

Edited by past tense (05/06/07 05:35 PM)

#573138 --- 05/06/07 06:20 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"Maybe I wouldn't if men who didn't have children or plan on having children got the same kind of treatment."

We do, and on top of that, are often thought of as probably being homosexual.

#573139 --- 05/06/07 06:29 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I never thought that of you, VM. Kids or not, you seemed like someone who had just settled in to an enjoyable bachelorhood.

#573143 --- 05/06/07 06:41 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Gio
I like being dirty though.....

But thats only because society tells us that we are.

Edited by Eomer (05/06/07 06:43 PM)

#573145 --- 05/06/07 06:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I never thought that of you, VM. Kids or not, you seemed like someone who had just settled in to an enjoyable bachelorhood.

Enjoyable to a certain extent; I don't have to put up with the usual domestic squabbles and low-grade warfare, but the lackofnookie is a burden on the spirit. People have reflexive assumptions about childless, never-married men which are analogous to what PT was rightly complaining about. Just because we aren't statistically normal, many assume that we're not "normal" if you get my drift; they often put 2+2 together, and get five. Since most men have offspring, it's often assumed that there must be something "wrong" with those who don't. It could be, however, that we're just guys who like our freedom, and don't like taking a lot of someone else's crap, possibly for a lifetime.

#573147 --- 05/06/07 06:49 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

A guy's in a bar, and another guy walks in, buys a round for the bar, and announces that he's getting married the next week.

The first guy asks him why he's getting married, and the 2nd says, "So I can have sex 3 times a week.".

2nd guy: "That's why I'm getting divorced!".

The grass is always greener...

Edited by VM Smith (05/06/07 06:51 PM)

#573148 --- 05/06/07 06:50 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Why is that far reaching? Men are as programmed to procreate as women, and yet they are hardly branded as "unnatural" or "dysfunctional" if they don't want to have children. Women who do not desire children have a LOT more explaining to do...it's annoying. Like I'm supposed to want to get fat, push a child out of my VAGINA, have it hang off of my breast for six to eight months, and spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for them (lets not pretend THAT ends at 18 - my mommy is coming to Alaska to help me organize my new apartment and I'm THIRTY hehehe)? But if a man doesn't want a kid - eh, whatever! He's a man! Not so much.

Itís only far reaching because the point was missed.

I can certainly understand being frustrated by well intentioned but annoyingly rude questions.

Still, men are not mothers.

#573149 --- 05/06/07 06:56 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
and mothers are not fathers

#573151 --- 05/06/07 06:59 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Della]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Exactly my point!

#573161 --- 05/06/07 07:41 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Della]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Della
and mothers are not fathers

And sometimes, ya have to be both.

#573163 --- 05/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
A guy's in a bar, and another guy walks in, buys a round for the bar, and announces that he's getting married the next week.

The first guy asks him why he's getting married, and the 2nd says, "So I can have sex 3 times a week.".

2nd guy: "That's why I'm getting divorced!".

The grass is always greener...

;\)

#573164 --- 05/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Itís only far reaching because the point was missed.

I can certainly understand being frustrated by well intentioned but annoyingly rude questions.

Still, men are not mothers.

I guess I don't understand why women are burdened with an (arguably, re: VM) larger expecation of procreation. As Josephus said, men are attracted to women and part of the attraction is biological re: procreation (breasts, lactation, etc.) and thus men, obviously, are driven by the biological need to procreate. And yet people are far less intrusive with men when it comes to children and child bearing. VM may be right, people may hold similar assumptions toward men, but I still say women have to deal with in-your-face rudeness. Perfect strangers have felt comfortable questioning me and critiquing my personal choices on these issues. I mean, it's ridiculous, and I really don't understand why as a woman I should just be like "Well, ok, I'd be the mother so I should have to defend my childless status but my fiancee would be the father, so he isn't saddled with that expecation of child-production." Whatever!

Anyway - Back to Boobies - for real! lol

#573165 --- 05/06/07 07:47 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

PT, that could be annoying. But, you again, are not alone. My eldest grandson is OLDER then some of my classmates kids. When they say "how can you be a gramma already when I am just starting?" I tell them, "Because I started when I was younger. Besides, at my age, I love kids, but I love giving them back even more!" They got to enjoy (and dont get me wrong, I have many happy memories from my kids)their twenties, I get to really enjoy my forties and fifties.
It is a very personal and private decision to have kids...or not to decide to have kids.

Edited by Strawberry Jam (05/06/07 07:48 PM)

#573167 --- 05/06/07 07:48 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

No its just terribly exciting.

WE REALLY ARE THAT SIMPLE!

Excellent point. Why can we not get women to understand and accept that??? Things would be so much easier....

#573170 --- 05/06/07 07:51 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

A male friend of mine has a tshirt that says, "TELL YOUR BOOBS TO STOP STARING AT ME!"

#573187 --- 05/06/07 09:11 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Why can men seldom remember the color of a woman's eyes?

Because her eyes aren't in the middle of her chest.

#573228 --- 05/06/07 10:41 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I saw a girl in a bar once with a tshirt reading in tiny little letters "If you can read this you are staring at my tits"

#573266 --- 05/07/07 02:04 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
exyankeeguy Offline

Loc: Gulf of Mexico
On the choice of weather some people want children or not..its just that..a choice...something society seems to have a problem with...if it doesnt fit in their compartmentalized ideals, then its wrong...man, freedom of choice gives people the right to choose what they want, right? On the whole boobie thing...man, I love the right to choose on that...small, medium and large..it doesnt matter to me. they may be descibed as many things, but they sure are nice to look at, but i dont judge a woman on the size of them...made that mistake too many times lol

#573584 --- 05/07/07 05:21 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: exyankeeguy]
greenelf Offline

Quote:I like tits. .....As Abu quotes the Dirty Vicar of Dunbridge Wells, I am remeinded of something Bill Maher said on his HBO show this week: " You couldn't get most Americans to vote if you were asking them to choose between tits and bigger tits."

#573651 --- 05/07/07 08:08 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: greenelf]
Sausage Offline

Loc: The Meat Grinder
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

Hmmm ok
Large Breasts or small breasts.. what difference does it make? Its a part of the whole woman.. I dont just look at one part and say damn I want that... thats just dumb.. the whole package is da thing! Yes the mind, character and emotions too.
first things first though.. Look at the eyes, you can read a person.. a mirror to the soul.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >