FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#572998 --- 05/06/07 11:12 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
donedirtcheap Offline

Loc: boondocks
That pic puts a new perspective on the term "jug heads"

FingerLakes1.com
#573007 --- 05/06/07 11:22 AM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: donedirtcheap]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Just think of it lit up at night... "Mammeries...all alone in the moonlight...". \:\/

#573071 --- 05/06/07 02:28 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
Just think of it lit up at night... "Mammeries...all alone in the moonlight...". \:\/

Don't get me going!

#573082 --- 05/06/07 04:20 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

LOL! Isn't that from the play "Cats"...or is there another word that begins with "P" that we should substitute?

#573106 --- 05/06/07 05:32 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Eomer
Men are not mothers. I know that may be toO far reaching.

Why is that far reaching? Men are as programmed to procreate as women, and yet they are hardly branded as "unnatural" or "dysfunctional" if they don't want to have children. Women who do not desire children have a LOT more explaining to do...it's annoying. Like I'm supposed to want to get fat, push a child out of my VAGINA, have it hang off of my breast for six to eight months, and spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for them (lets not pretend THAT ends at 18 - my mommy is coming to Alaska to help me organize my new apartment and I'm THIRTY hehehe)? But if a man doesn't want a kid - eh, whatever! He's a man! Not so much.

Edited by past tense (05/06/07 05:35 PM)

#573138 --- 05/06/07 06:20 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"Maybe I wouldn't if men who didn't have children or plan on having children got the same kind of treatment."

We do, and on top of that, are often thought of as probably being homosexual.

#573139 --- 05/06/07 06:29 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I never thought that of you, VM. Kids or not, you seemed like someone who had just settled in to an enjoyable bachelorhood.

#573143 --- 05/06/07 06:41 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Temporarily Assigned
Originally Posted By: Gio
I like being dirty though.....

But thats only because society tells us that we are.

Edited by Eomer (05/06/07 06:43 PM)

#573145 --- 05/06/07 06:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I never thought that of you, VM. Kids or not, you seemed like someone who had just settled in to an enjoyable bachelorhood.

Enjoyable to a certain extent; I don't have to put up with the usual domestic squabbles and low-grade warfare, but the lackofnookie is a burden on the spirit. People have reflexive assumptions about childless, never-married men which are analogous to what PT was rightly complaining about. Just because we aren't statistically normal, many assume that we're not "normal" if you get my drift; they often put 2+2 together, and get five. Since most men have offspring, it's often assumed that there must be something "wrong" with those who don't. It could be, however, that we're just guys who like our freedom, and don't like taking a lot of someone else's crap, possibly for a lifetime.

#573147 --- 05/06/07 06:49 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

A guy's in a bar, and another guy walks in, buys a round for the bar, and announces that he's getting married the next week.

The first guy asks him why he's getting married, and the 2nd says, "So I can have sex 3 times a week.".

2nd guy: "That's why I'm getting divorced!".

The grass is always greener...

Edited by VM Smith (05/06/07 06:51 PM)

#573148 --- 05/06/07 06:50 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: past tense]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: past tense

Why is that far reaching? Men are as programmed to procreate as women, and yet they are hardly branded as "unnatural" or "dysfunctional" if they don't want to have children. Women who do not desire children have a LOT more explaining to do...it's annoying. Like I'm supposed to want to get fat, push a child out of my VAGINA, have it hang off of my breast for six to eight months, and spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for them (lets not pretend THAT ends at 18 - my mommy is coming to Alaska to help me organize my new apartment and I'm THIRTY hehehe)? But if a man doesn't want a kid - eh, whatever! He's a man! Not so much.

Itís only far reaching because the point was missed.

I can certainly understand being frustrated by well intentioned but annoyingly rude questions.

Still, men are not mothers.

#573149 --- 05/06/07 06:56 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
and mothers are not fathers

#573151 --- 05/06/07 06:59 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Della]
Eomer Offline
Silver Member

Exactly my point!

#573161 --- 05/06/07 07:41 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Della]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Della
and mothers are not fathers

And sometimes, ya have to be both.

#573163 --- 05/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
A guy's in a bar, and another guy walks in, buys a round for the bar, and announces that he's getting married the next week.

The first guy asks him why he's getting married, and the 2nd says, "So I can have sex 3 times a week.".

2nd guy: "That's why I'm getting divorced!".

The grass is always greener...

;\)

#573164 --- 05/06/07 07:43 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: past tense

Itís only far reaching because the point was missed.

I can certainly understand being frustrated by well intentioned but annoyingly rude questions.

Still, men are not mothers.

I guess I don't understand why women are burdened with an (arguably, re: VM) larger expecation of procreation. As Josephus said, men are attracted to women and part of the attraction is biological re: procreation (breasts, lactation, etc.) and thus men, obviously, are driven by the biological need to procreate. And yet people are far less intrusive with men when it comes to children and child bearing. VM may be right, people may hold similar assumptions toward men, but I still say women have to deal with in-your-face rudeness. Perfect strangers have felt comfortable questioning me and critiquing my personal choices on these issues. I mean, it's ridiculous, and I really don't understand why as a woman I should just be like "Well, ok, I'd be the mother so I should have to defend my childless status but my fiancee would be the father, so he isn't saddled with that expecation of child-production." Whatever!

Anyway - Back to Boobies - for real! lol

#573165 --- 05/06/07 07:47 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: VM Smith]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

PT, that could be annoying. But, you again, are not alone. My eldest grandson is OLDER then some of my classmates kids. When they say "how can you be a gramma already when I am just starting?" I tell them, "Because I started when I was younger. Besides, at my age, I love kids, but I love giving them back even more!" They got to enjoy (and dont get me wrong, I have many happy memories from my kids)their twenties, I get to really enjoy my forties and fifties.
It is a very personal and private decision to have kids...or not to decide to have kids.

Edited by Strawberry Jam (05/06/07 07:48 PM)

#573167 --- 05/06/07 07:48 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Eomer]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Originally Posted By: MorganHills
maybe it's like bagging a buck w/ a huge "rack"?? If a guy gets a voluptuous woman, it's a prize??

No its just terribly exciting.

WE REALLY ARE THAT SIMPLE!

Excellent point. Why can we not get women to understand and accept that??? Things would be so much easier....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#573170 --- 05/06/07 07:51 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Gio]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

A male friend of mine has a tshirt that says, "TELL YOUR BOOBS TO STOP STARING AT ME!"

#573187 --- 05/06/07 09:11 PM Re: Moms don't appreciate boobs billboard [Re: Strawberry Jam]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Why can men seldom remember the color of a woman's eyes?

Because her eyes aren't in the middle of her chest.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >