You know you work in IT (Information Technology) for a large corporation when...
* You've sat at the same desk for 4 years and worked for three different organizations or 5 different positions for the same pay.
* Your resume is on a disk in your pocket.
* You get really excited about a 2% pay raise.
* You learn about your layoff on the evening news.
* Your biggest loss from a system crash is that you lose all your best jokes.
* Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job or any other in the business.
* Salaries of the members on the Executive Board are higher than all the Third World countries' annual budgets combined.
* It's dark when you drive to and from work.
* Communication is something your section always has problems with.
* You see a good looking person and know it is a visitor.
* Free food left over from meetings is your main staple.
* Being sick is defined as can't walk or you're in the hospital.
* You're already late on the assignment you just got.
* You work 200 hours for the $100 bonus check and jubilantly say, "Oh wow, thanks!"
* What bonus check?
* Your supervisor's favorite lines are "when you get a few minutes," "in your spare time," "when you're freed up," and "I have an opportunity for you" simply to delegate a job he has no clue how to do.
* Vacation is something you roll over to next year or a check you get every January. (Yeah, right!)
* Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with computers."
* You read this entire list and understood it.
Wholl drink a toast with me
To the devil and the deep blue sea
Gold drives a man to dream