FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#541479 --- 03/14/07 07:04 AM How to download an avatar
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
Register for an account with http://www.photobucket.com (it's free)Find the avatar you want. Right click on the avatar and do a save as to a file in your computer. (My Documents/My Pictures/Avatars for example). Log into photobucket. You will be on a page that says upload. Click Browse, find the avatar you want in your computer and double click the picture. Click upload. After it has been uploaded you have 3 options to copy. I copy the image option, then paste it in the line for the avatar.

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

FingerLakes1.com
#542297 --- 03/15/07 05:58 PM Re: How to download an avatar [Re: LOTE]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
I do all that and i get 1 of 2 messages .... improper picture type or location is a required field. Ive tried everything.

#544837 --- 03/20/07 04:45 AM Re: How to download an avatar [Re: Carerinoa]
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Originally Posted By: Carerinoa
I do all that and i get 1 of 2 messages .... improper picture type or location is a required field. Ive tried everything.

Everything?

Try this: Google "free avatar". Then go to any avatar site that comes up and find something you like. Copy the location of that avatar into your profile, and you're done. You never actually download the avatar to your profile; it is called from its location each and every time someone looks at a thread containing one of your posts.

#544980 --- 03/20/07 09:19 AM Re: How to download an avatar [Re: AbuDhabi]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Tried that too .... i get the same messages.
I couldnt even delete the one I had ... I finally had to delete it from my photobucket