FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#542007 --- 03/15/07 01:10 PM Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
Senate Judiciary Set To Vote On Subpoenas For Rove And Miers

The Senate Judiciary Committee is set to vote Thursday on whether to authorize subpoenas to 14 current and former administration officials, including White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove and former White House Counsel Harriet Miers, John Bresnahan reports.

Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.), the panel's ranking Republican, are expected to convene the committee Thursday to vote on the subpoenas for Rove, Miers and William Kelley, a former top aide to Miers.

The committee will also vote to subpoena six of the fired U.S. Attorneys and five Justice Department officials, including Kyle Sampson, the recently fired chief of staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

Since Rove, Miers and Kelley were just added to the schedule for Thursday's committee meeting, panel rules allow any member to postpone consideration of the subpoenas for one week.

More details to follow.

FingerLakes1.com
#546113 --- 03/21/07 06:04 PM Re: Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers [Re: Retired Soldier]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
The subpoenas were issued today insuring that the AG will continue to twist slowly in the breeze, and bushie will stand behind him like he did with Brown and Rumsfeld.
WASHINGTON - A House panel on Wednesday approved subpoenas for President Bush's political adviser, Karl Rove and other top White House aides, setting up a constitutional showdown over the firings of eight federal prosecutors.

#546571 --- 03/22/07 02:49 PM Re: Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers [Re: Retired Soldier]
justaxme Offline

Loc: On top?
So all this mess is over whether or not Bush and his administration acted for political reasons rather than legal or performance standards? DUH!!!! Isn't that what Washington is all about? ALL our professional lifetime politicians look out for themselves rather than the good of the American people. This happens daily from Dems and Reps!!! What a joke. The Dems and Reps would rather sling mud day in and day out rather than solve problems of the American people. I think they both suck and wish we had the balls to vote them all out!!! But we won't. Our guy is always "bringin home the bacon". And they why these crooks have "the system" set up this way!!! What bothers me the most is that there isn't anyone else coming along that will do any better. With all the perks, benefits and the BEST health care OUR money can buy, you would think politics would attract a better class of people.

#546624 --- 03/22/07 04:58 PM Re: Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers [Re: justaxme]
greenelf Offline

Politics attracts thieves, liars and posers-always has, always will...

#546626 --- 03/22/07 05:01 PM Re: Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers [Re: greenelf]
OKR Offline

This is about the rule of law, nothing more, nothing less. This administration has declined Congress' request for sworn testimony, so they are sadly forced to issue subpoenas to officials in our very own government in order to get the truth.

The Bush administration has been behind its wall of secrecy for too long. They've let us down too many times, and now it's time to come out into the daylight and show America what they've been up to.

#546824 --- 03/22/07 09:50 PM Re: Senate Judiciary Subpoenas For Rove and Miers [Re: OKR]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
I think Bush just starting to get a hint that he doesn't have a "rubber stamp" congress anymore. There's a new sheriff in town.