FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#570950 --- 05/01/07 09:22 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: VM Smith]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
Every once in a while I will crap in my pants then roll into the fetal position while sucking my thumb......gives me so much solitude and security....

FingerLakes1.com
#571309 --- 05/02/07 02:43 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"I worry that if I stop putting her in a diaper she will hold it and end up with an impacted bowel. "

Good point. Hey, she might even explode! If I were you, I'd keep her in diapers until she's 12, just in case.

#571575 --- 05/03/07 04:34 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: VM Smith]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

Loc: Port Charles
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
"I worry that if I stop putting her in a diaper she will hold it and end up with an impacted bowel. "

Good point. Hey, she might even explode! If I were you, I'd keep her in diapers until she's 12, just in case.

Someones on a roll..LMAO!!

#575937 --- 05/12/07 12:38 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: myopinion2share]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"Just fun ones, colors and frills and cartoon characters."

You let them crap on MICKEY MOUSE!?! Isn't that kind of...unAmerican?

#575960 --- 05/12/07 05:24 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: VM Smith]
mememe Offline

Loc: timbucktwo
I told my daughterinlaw the other night as she was changing her{and we were making a big deal about all her big girl friends who use the potty} that we should just start letting her crap in her big girl pants and she told me that my granddaughter now just goes in her room, stands up and puts on the diaper herself then she puts her big girl pants on over it. She just comes out when she is done. AND she will crap in a room full of her cousins playing if she has to, She has no shame. I said buy no more diapers but she said that she needs to use them at night cuz she does wake up wet alot of times. The othe night she let herself be changed in front her 4 yr old best playmate and coulda cared less what she thought. Her friend was looking at her like EWWWWWWWWWW!!!

#576861 --- 05/14/07 08:06 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Georgie Offline

I don't think it's a good idea to try to embarrass her. That is just cruel. And to not buy her any more diapers? I don't think that's right either. She might stop going all together and just hold it, and you wouldn't want that, would you?

#577324 --- 05/15/07 03:03 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: Georgie]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"She might stop going all together and just hold it,"

How many years do you think that behavior would last?

#577405 --- 05/15/07 07:57 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: VM Smith]
mememe Offline

If it sounds like we are trying to embarrass her we aren't, we would never do that to her. As I said she has no shame she crapped and asked to be changed in front of her 3 almost 4 yr old playmate the other night and coulda cared less what her friend thought. we are just trying to impress on her how big girls do it. We are hoping that she will realize that all her big girl friends use the toilet and she should also go in the potty like a big girl. And as I said earlier in these posts I too was concerned with her holding it and becoming constipated which is why I at first thought not putting a diaper on her wasn't a good idea. Where you get that we are "cruel" to her out of this makes me wonder where your mind is.

#577478 --- 05/15/07 11:09 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I never said that you're cruel to her. Where is your mind?

#577488 --- 05/16/07 03:50 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: VM Smith]
mememe Offline

VM the post from Georgie before yours thinks that we are embarrassing her and being cruel. I was directing it to him.

#577540 --- 05/16/07 05:38 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

If it's such a big concern ask her DR..he will tell you she will poop on her own when she is ready!! There! I just saved ya some money!!!

#577568 --- 05/16/07 06:15 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: Spencer~1/06/07]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Just stop reinforcing it is ok to go in diapers, stop giving into her requests for them or putting them where she can retrieve them herself. If she needs night time diapers, that is fine, just put them where she cannot find them. Mememe, she will learn in due time that this is not the correct way, kids are all different, none are exactly the same. Each move at their own pace.

#577804 --- 05/16/07 01:36 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: Strawberry Jam]
mememe Offline

I hardly think it is something we need to see a dr about. This is a parenting forum Spencer and I was just seeking other parents opinions. You have a problem with it then please just ignore my posts.

#577838 --- 05/16/07 02:45 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

Originally Posted By: mememe
I hardly think it is something we need to see a dr about. This is a parenting forum Spencer and I was just seeking other parents opinions. You have a problem with it then please just ignore my posts.

WTF is your problem?? you're the one asking for suggestions..asking a doctor was ummm a suggestion..do you get it? SUGGESTION ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!JESUS

#577963 --- 05/16/07 07:31 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: Spencer~1/06/07]
mememe Offline

Spencer I sure am glad I have a life and don't spend as much time on these forums as you, I don't think I could deal with someone with your personality much. My conversations with you are over please just keep your holier than thou sarcasm away from me and any posts I ask for suggestions about. You saved me money?? I wouldn't take any advice from you even if it was concerning a gnat. Can you say sarcastic BEE OTCH

#578005 --- 05/16/07 08:32 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Georgie Offline

mememe, it appears that you have "other issues" in your life. You appear to be so bitter! I wish you well, really.. Oh, and good luck with your granddaughter. Sounds like she's a doll!

#578053 --- 05/16/07 10:37 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Spencer~1/06/07 Offline

Spencer I sure am glad I have a life and don't spend as much time on these forums as you, I don't think I could deal with someone with your personality much. My conversations with you are over please just keep your holier than thou sarcasm away from me and any posts I ask for suggestions about. You saved me money?? I wouldn't take any advice from you even if it was concerning a gnat. Can you say sarcastic BEE OTCH

Can you say BITCH? cause thats what you are..my personality ROCKS..so bite me I suggested calling a Doc and someone else suggested putting out a cat litter box for your granddaughter..HMMMMMMMMMM ..You need help MORE than the kid!!!

#578072 --- 05/16/07 11:48 PM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

VM the post from Georgie before yours thinks that we are embarrassing her and being cruel. I was directing it to him.

I guessed that, but since you replied to me, instead of to Georgie, I didn't want anyone (let's say, someone who'd started reading the thread at your post) to think that I'd said the things that you castigated me for saying. If you had replied to the person whom you had actually wished to reply to, that wouldn't be an issue.

When I asked, "Where is your mind?", I was saying that replying to the correct person is not rocket science; it is not that hard to do, if one pays attention to what one is doing.

BTW, good luck with the kid. I think that the process is a little more difficult now than it was in the early 50s, when I went through that stage. Back then, one could probably have let one's kid have crap in her pants until she just got sick of it, and embarrassed about it, without having CPS steal the kid away. And that's the way I'd still play it; I'd just tell her that, until she goes and changes her pants and cleans herself up, she's not allowed to sit on any of the furniture, and that if she chooses to act like an animal, she'll be treated like one.

I think that, to a great degree, you're enabling her. If one wants to raise a human being that is indisposed to engaging in rational problem solving, it's easy enough to do; just let her run the show. Then, by the time she's a teenager, you'll have an absolute monster on your hands, and problems that might be much more difficult to deal with.

#578155 --- 05/17/07 06:00 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: mememe]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY

Actually, if it continues without you giving her the diapers, it may need medical attention as it might be a pyschological issue. Not that she has mental problems, but in some children, for some reason, they view feces as a part of them, and do not like to see it flushed away. Also, because of your concern that if you stop giving her the diapers, she would become impacted. A doctor would be able to direct you on how to make sure this does not happen.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Mememe. But, I do not think you are looking for advice, because you seem to dismiss anything anyone offers on here. I think you want people to tell you it will correct it's self. At age 3, not all kids are potty trained,true. But, she is asking for a diaper, and uses the potty for urination. She obviously knows what she is doing. Stop giving into her demands for the diaper.

#578205 --- 05/17/07 07:38 AM Re: pooping in the potty [Re: Strawberry Jam]
LOTE Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lurking
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam

Actually, if it continues without you giving her the diapers, it may need medical attention as it might be a pyschological issue. Not that she has mental problems, but in some children, for some reason, they view feces as a part of them, and do not like to see it flushed away. Also, because of your concern that if you stop giving her the diapers, she would become impacted. A doctor would be able to direct you on how to make sure this does not happen.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Mememe. But, I do not think you are looking for advice, because you seem to dismiss anything anyone offers on here. I think you want people to tell you it will correct it's self. At age 3, not all kids are potty trained,true. But, she is asking for a diaper, and uses the potty for urination. She obviously knows what she is doing. Stop giving into her demands for the diaper.

Amen

If you're not livin on the edge
you're not livin

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >