FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#527643 --- 02/17/07 07:57 AM Comp work needed
zipdrive Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY
I am looking for a tech person to remove "Spydawn" bug from a computer in Waterloo. House call preferred. Can anyone recommend someone?

FingerLakes1.com
#531613 --- 02/23/07 04:16 PM Re: Comp work needed [Re: zipdrive]
Aces_Up Offline

Loc: Nunja Business

#531675 --- 02/23/07 07:37 PM Re: Comp work needed [Re: Aces_Up]
zipdrive Offline

Thanks, Aces. I found removal instruction in a few locations, but the one that seemed most complete and wasn't selling something was 12 pages long and required mucking about in the registry, which I avoid. I ended up hiring a guy from Penn Yan who took care of it in about 30 minutes and also did some other work hooking up 2 computers to the internet. I wish I could find someone in the SF-W'loo area who would come to the house. I paid the guy $190 for 3 hours work at 2 addresses on Saturday. He did a great job for me but there must be someone closer. Not much on FL1 or in the yellow pages.

#531677 --- 02/23/07 07:46 PM Re: Comp work needed [Re: zipdrive]
zipdrive Offline

I have tried to respond to all who sent me a pm. I hope I did it right. I appreciate your recommendations.

#531721 --- 02/23/07 09:30 PM Re: Comp work needed [Re: zipdrive]
Aces_Up Offline

Loc: Nunja Business
Glad you got it done. There was a guy on this board and he is probably still here but not in the name I knew him as which was TechGuy. He came to my house once. Very reasonable too. I went to someones house once and helped them but it was for something different than what you needed. Some things I know how to do and others, not. Like the darn problem I am having now.

#535417 --- 03/03/07 08:29 AM Re: Comp work needed [Re: Aces_Up]
TechGuy Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Aces, I was told someone mentioned my name here. I'm still around but not around here. I had my fill of this forum several years ago but I see you're still around and you remembered me \:\) I used to advertise a while back in the Pennysaver but I haven't in a long time. I've been thinking about throwing another ad out there again though. I still do computer work but everything I do is from word of mouth. If anyone needs a good computer person feel free to call. My website hasn't been updated in quite a while but you can still get the jist of the services I offer. Take care.

#535429 --- 03/03/07 09:03 AM Re: Comp work needed [Re: TechGuy]
L EE Offline

There's a great outfit in Watkins Glen. Very helpful, obliging,and will do from start to finish, Set you up, rebuild, the works.