FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#484320 --- 11/19/06 10:59 PM Something very special
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
I usually don't do these type of things and if FL1 wants to take it off ok but its a charity thing on this . I was crying .. It mentioned WOVEN SLIVERS SON.i couldn't get the pics on here , sorry
this is on the homepage of Ebay .. if anything just read it ..i am not saying anyone has to bid or anything but this afghan.. I took off the high bidders info but the sellers info is there .thanks

URGENT: PLEASE! HELP OUR U.S. TROOPS NOW /CHARITY
This auction is submitted to T.V, RADIO AND NEWSPAPERS. Item number: 320046424115

Current bid: US $76.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Nov-25-06 18:00:00 PST (5 days 21 hours)
Shipping costs: FREE
US Postal Service Parcel PostŪ
Service to United States
Ships to: United States
Item location: harrisburg , illinois, United States
History: 9 bids
High bidder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Nov-15-06 18:00:00 PST
Starting bid: US $0.99
Duration: 10-day listing
This is a Featured Plus! listing
This is a Home Page Featured listing

Payment methods: PayPal (preferred),
Personal check,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: abc101275( 1285)
Member: since Dec-13-03 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 1285 | 99.5% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Check how you're protected
This item is covered up to $1,000 See eligibility

Description

Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: New

80% of the final sale price will support Operation Homefront-St Louis

Nonprofit's Mission Statement
Operation Homefront provides assistance with day to day issues for military families facing adversity so that deployed service members are not preoccupied by the crises at home and can focus on the War against Terrorism. We assist with emergency car and home repair, care packages for the soldiers, holiday baskets, furniture and baby items, and refurbished computers for email purposes.

This donation is backed by Learn more about the MissionFish guarantee.

Up for auction is a hand made crocheted afghan made by my mother. Also included is a framed signed letter of aprecieation from me and my mother. We love the U.S.A. and I hope you do too. This afghan is not an ordinary afghan. It is a symbol of American unity and a symbol of respect for the fallen soldiers and their families. We are putting on this auction because we are true americans and because of this auction, soldiers families will recieve some of the things they need while they are away from their families. This is a charity auction for the troops and their families AND IS BACKED BY MISSION FISH. The question is, are there any true American's left that are willing to place a bid on this beautiful afghan for the troops and their families? This afghan was made by an American in America. That has to mean something, Doesn't it?
There are thousand's of soldier's that are in harm's way fighting in this war. Alot of them will never return home to their wife's, Mother's, Brother's, Father's and family in general. How would you feel if your own Son never came home from the war and a priest showed up at your door to deliver the new's and present you with a folded American flag. Out of site, Out of mind. Most people don't realize the impact that the war really has on family member's because they don't know anyone in the war. Our mission is to make some money that will go to the troop's for thing's that they need while their away from their families. As small as it may seem, I can guarantee that there will be some soldiers and families that will be greatly affected by this auction, So please contribute at least 1 bid. My Mother and I thank you for it, The troops thank you for it and the Mothers and Families of all the fallen Soldier's thank you for it.

CPL. ROBERTO ABAD, AGE 22, FROM LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA, KILLED IN ACTION. HE HAD FAMILY, JUST LIKE MOST OF YOU.

CAPT. RYAN BEAUPRE, AGE 30, FROM BLOOMINGTON ILLINOIS, KILLED IN ACTION, HELICOPTER CRASH.

SPC. ANTHONY O. CARDINAL, 20, FROM MUSKEGON MICHIGAN, KILLED IN ACTION. ROADSIDE BOMB.

PVC. RYAN J. CANTAFIO, 22, FROM BEAVER DAM WISCONSIN, KILLED IN ACTION, ENEMY FIRE.

PFC. ROLAND E. CALDERON-ASCENIO, 21, FROM MIAMI FLORIDA, KILLED IN ACTION, ROADSIDE BOMB.

SPC. RAFAEL A. CORRILLO JR., 21, FROM AUSTIN TEXAS, KILLED IN ACTION, MORTAR ROUND.

CPL. JASON L. DUNHAM, 22, FROM SCIO NEW YORK, KILLED IN ACTION. Dunham was manning a checkpoint near Karbala, Iraq, on April 14, 2004, when an Iraqi man jumped out of a car and attacked him. As he fought his attacker, Dunham saw a grenade in the man's hand, shouted to warn other Marines and covered the device with his helmet. He suffered severe head wounds and died April 22 at military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. He has been nominated for the Medal of Honor for his actions.

CPL. JOHNATHAN L. BENSON, 21, FROM NORTH BRANCH MINNESOTA, KILLED IN ACTION. Died on September 9, 2006, of wounds suffered during combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq, on June 17, 2006

SGT. AMANDA N. PINSON, 21, FROM ST. LOUIS MISSOURI, KILLED IN ACTION. One of two soldiers killed when a mortar round detonated in Tikrit, Iraq, on March 16, 2006

CPL. MICHAEL EDWARD CURTIN, 23, FROM HOWELL NEW JERSEY. Killed in car bomb attack in Iraq on March 29, 2003

REGINA R. CLARK, 43, FROM CENTRALIA WASHINGTON. Killed when a suicide car bomber attacked her convoy vehicle in Falluja, Iraq, on June 23, 2005

I would like to give a special thanks to Ebay member chrisfab45 He is a true American! Here is the story: chrisfab45 was the high bidder in the last auction I had for this afghan. He is a world trade center survivor and tried to save other victims of 9/11. He won the auction and then told me to keep the afghan. He requested that I relist the afghan and promote it better so more people would be able to see it. Thats why this auction is happening again. He paid immediatly. This auction has now been promoted to multiple TV news companys, newspapers and radio stations. Once again, Special thanks to chrisfab45 If you would like to send a question to either Me, My mother or chrisfab45 Please click on the link below. Also I would like to ask all the people who have looked at this auction to please click on the "CLICK HERE TO WATCH" link below. The more people who watch this afghan means more money going towards the troops and their families. Its just a simple click of your mouse. Thanks everyone and God bless!!

FingerLakes1.com
#484321 --- 11/19/06 11:03 PM Re: Something very special
Dewey Cheatum & Howe Offline

Loc: New York New York
Why do you bring this chain mail bogus crap ( that ebay will eventually delete ) onto here. This doesn't even say what percent goes to the troops, I smell a ripoff at the expense of peoples emotions and YOU were sucked in.

#484322 --- 11/19/06 11:06 PM Re: Something very special
reilley Offline
Silver Member

it does say ...80% and this is not chain mail or email stuff.
why do you have to be such a jerk ? Go to Ebay and take a look .. i haven't bid ..

#484323 --- 11/19/06 11:18 PM Re: Something very special

SO this guy is making 20 Friggin percent on people's emotions. Man he is a genius and proves there is a SUCKER born every minute.

Did you read the fine print?

#484324 --- 11/19/06 11:21 PM Re: Something very special
Cal 8 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Q: i would like to know where the other 20% of the money goes to thanks garry US army 1964/1968 GOD bless our troops
Nov-17-06
A: Hello, The other 20% is used to help with the listing fees. This auction was put in the home featured section of ebay so that thousands of people will be able to view this auction instead of a few hundred. It is also put in the featured plus section which places the listing at the top of the page above all the other listings in the category. To do all of this it has cost me over $60.00. The $60.00 in in fees I paid is also donated to Operation Homefront by Ebay. So the current auction price of $70.00 is actually around $130.00 that will go directly to the troops. I would like to thank you for bidding and for serving in the U.S. Army. It takes a lot of guts to do what you have done, Thank you Garry and God bless!!

#484325 --- 11/19/06 11:21 PM Re: Something very special
reilley Offline
Silver Member

big deal... that covers the yarn ...you are a arzz

#484326 --- 11/19/06 11:23 PM Re: Something very special
Cal 8 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls

#484327 --- 11/19/06 11:26 PM Re: Something very special

This guy is profiting off the war with a afagan that mommy made. SICK real SICK and who knows if he really is legit, give your money to the RED CROSS.

#484328 --- 11/20/06 03:00 AM Re: Something very special
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Quote:

This guy is profiting off the war with a afagan that mommy made. SICK real SICK and who knows if he really is legit, give your money to the RED CROSS.

Why so they can LIE again and spend the 9/11 $$ on office products and computers instead of giving to the FAMILIES like they had promised?? Sure OK

#484329 --- 11/20/06 05:04 AM Re: Something very special
High Priestess Offline

Loc: Wherever
DCH. Such a waste of good skin.

#484330 --- 11/20/06 09:32 AM Re: Something very special

Hmmm, a compliment,, back handed but I'll take it and what nice skin it is

#484331 --- 11/20/06 09:34 AM Re: Something very special

Quote:

Quote:

Why so they can LIE again and spend the 9/11 $$ on office products and computers instead of giving to the FAMILIES like they had promised?? Sure OK

DING DING DING, you completed my point and probally missed sarcasm. You can't even trust the Red Cross and your gonna bid on something on ebay and believe the guy saying he's gonna ONLY KEEP 20 PERCENT for his EXPENSES.

LOL - SUCKERS

#484332 --- 11/20/06 11:07 AM Re: Something very special
reilley Offline
Silver Member

why can't you be decent ?

#484333 --- 11/20/06 11:13 AM Re: Something very special
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
I would be very leery of things like this. DCH is only looking out for your best interest.

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#484334 --- 11/20/06 11:46 AM Re: Something very special
reilley Offline
Silver Member

i don't think so ...

#484335 --- 11/20/06 02:56 PM Re: Something very special
Mr.President Offline

Loc: Cayuga Lake
Amen Bro >>"Why so they can LIE again and spend the 9/11 $$ on office products and computers instead of giving to the FAMILIES like they had promised??"
Santa this is nothing new in this world .

I'd rather be a Bounty Hunter,at least I would know my enemy then.

#484336 --- 11/20/06 06:12 PM Re: Something very special
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Quote:

i don't think so ...

well i still would be leery.It does sound sort of phoney.