FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#459380 --- 10/06/06 06:14 AM Why is no one talking about McNamara?
Flarp Offline

Loc: Flarpville
Why hasn't anyone pointed out that Jeff McNamara is playing for Canandaigua because he would have been ineligible to pay for Geneva after his underage alcohol conviction? Then Canandaigua says "We'll take him! He'll help us win!" And that's all that's important. None of the media has reported this - why?

FingerLakes1.com
#459381 --- 10/06/06 06:24 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
There are threads on this but you will find that most on these forums support what him and his parents have and are currently doing............good luck!!!!!!! Dont think for one second though that Canandaguia is the only district that is without values, the nite following his incident he played in the Class A state final at the Carrier Dome for Geneva...........the only thing people are concerned with is the win...........so as I said earlier.......Good Luck.

#459382 --- 10/06/06 08:26 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
Quote:

Why hasn't anyone pointed out that Jeff McNamara is playing for Canandaigua because he would have been ineligible to pay for Geneva after his underage alcohol conviction? ?

Write a letter to the FL Times sports editor .. see if it gets put in the paper.

#459383 --- 10/06/06 09:07 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
Coach64 Offline

Loc: Houghton, MI
As the ref said, dont forget for one second that he played in a state championship game, the night after he was caught. So CA in my oppinion is far ahead of Geneva.

#459384 --- 10/07/06 03:49 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara
Maddox Offline

Loc: de_dust2
1. Drinking isn't a big deal, I do it all the time.

2. Is he related to Gerry?

#459385 --- 10/11/06 10:16 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
next2you Offline

Loc: New York State
So, what makes CA ahead of Geneva in regards to McNamara? Are you so sure that he hasn't been caught drinking or breaking the rules in CA? For years the CA school district (and many other districts as well) have turned their heads when it comes to the "elite" athletes that are breaking the rules that are set forth. I don't think that there is one school district better than the other for punishing those caught.

#459386 --- 10/11/06 10:29 AM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
Coach64 Offline

Loc: Houghton, MI
Every school district has their problems, however CA has suspended a number of athletes over the last couple of years for things much the same as this. A high profile wrestler did not wrestle last year because of this. He did not committ the crimes while at CA, so they have no reason to not play him. Remember this is a HIGH SCHOOL KID we are talking about. Kids make mistakes all the time, the important thing is that they learn from them, and get the help they need, which is what i hope he did.

#459387 --- 10/11/06 01:06 PM Re: Why is no one talking about McNamara?
Motley Crue Offline

Give the kid a break!!!! First off I hear he is an exceptional student. Secondly Geneva High has a kid on the team that was areested for assault!!!! I am from Geneva, so it's not like I am from Canandaigua. I think he should still be playing for us!!! How many people that have been bashing this kid have been living in glass houses and are now throwing stones????? I know when I was in high school we all drank!!! It's not going to change, he made a mistake. I think having to change teams make new friends and so on has probably taught him a lesson!!!!