FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#458564 --- 10/09/06 09:23 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I've been on the med's now for about 4 days. It has helped quite a bit. It has been a couple days since I have had an anxiety attack. I decided this weekend I was going to spend as much time as possible outside. Saturday, I got my bicycle out and spent a good 2 1/2 hours riding around town. It felt so good just to be outside.

SBJ, hang in there. I find the easiest way for me to make it through the holidays is to take it one day at a time. Also, if you can, try and get all your shopping done before Thanksgiving. I have found if I get the shopping done early and don't have to go out into the crowds, I can manage the holidays much easier. If there is anything I need to pick up after Thanksgiving, I stay away from the large shopping centers and the malls. I'll go to the most out of the way shop instead. There is nothing I hate more than going into a mall during the Christmas shopping season.

FingerLakes1.com
#458565 --- 10/09/06 09:31 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
I took advantage of the day yesterday and spent a large part of it outdoors with my grandson. He is a lil pip!
I love watching him explore or make up stories on the playground or his sandbox.
He is in pre~K now and he is getting smart as a whip, even more so than before. He tells long tales of this or that as we are driving by something. He is excited about everything and I love being around him.
I am also looking forward to my latest grandchild in February. I am hoping for a girl, my daughter wants another boy. But, as long as she/he is healthy, it is all that really matters.
My son is thinking of coming home from Alaksa for the holidays (Christmas and New Years) so I am looking forward to hearing about that.
Life goes on, and I up for the challenge.

#458566 --- 10/09/06 09:37 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Wow, looks like you have a lot to look forward to over the next few months.

Yes life does go on. This time of year, I just take it one day at a time.

#458567 --- 10/09/06 10:58 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:

Wow, looks like you have a lot to look forward to over the next few months.

Yes life does go on. This time of year, I just take it one day at a time.

I take it one day at a time ALL year round since my break up, and will contnue to do so.
God is blessing me with a new grandchild to add to my already beautiful family. I still have up and down days. But, I tell myself now, I just have to get through today. For some reason, weekends can be hardest...but I just keep busy then.
It is also nice to know I am not alone in this.

#458568 --- 10/09/06 12:04 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Your definitely not alone and yes, it seems like weekends and evenings are the worst times.

Looks like today is another great day outside, so I am going home this afternoon and spend the remainder of the day outside working around the yard and maybe take a walk.

#458569 --- 10/09/06 12:37 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I have been in and out all day, having the wood delivered today and grandson is over again. Thanks TRD for your encouragement and everyone else as well.

#458570 --- 10/09/06 02:10 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Almost time to get out of here and go home. Going to spend some time outside this afternoon with the dogs.

I wish I had a fireplace in my house, but I think I would rather have a gas fireplace. I don't think I would want to bother with bringing wood inside and having to start a fire.

#458571 --- 10/10/06 12:57 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Quote:

I wish I had a fireplace in my house, but I think I would rather have a gas fireplace. I don't think I would want to bother with bringing wood inside and having to start a fire.

That's half the fun! As long as you don't have to do it every day.

#458572 --- 10/10/06 08:33 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Everyday would be a pain in the rear. I also don't think I would want to deal with the mess of cleaning the burned out logs and ash out of the fireplace. I'm thinking gas is the way to go.

#458573 --- 10/10/06 11:58 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
If you are obsessively compulsive, it is a pain, and I am guessing that TRD, keeps a clean neat house. So gas is the way to go.

#458574 --- 10/10/06 12:03 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Yes, in addition to the seasonal disorder I am completely obsessive compulsive in keeping the house clean. In the middle of one of my panic attacks a week ago, I ended up cleaning the kitchen at 2 am in the morning. This included removing all items from the cabinets, washing out the inside of the cabinets and then putting everything back in.

#458575 --- 10/10/06 12:55 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Well, TRD you would have hated being here a few moments ago...lol. I just finished cleaning my chimney and it aint a fun job, but I took alot of agression out on the dang thing! It is no fun to be covered in soot, have in your hair and nose. But, it helps to relieve stress. I was stressed because last year the ex cleaned the chimney, and I went to find the long extension handle and brush. It was NOT put back in the place it has been kept for the nine years I have lived here...the garage neatly placed in it's nook on the wall (about the only neat thing about the garage..lol). No, after about 2 hours of going stark raving mad (I bet the ex was going insane with the LOUD screeching ringing in his ears!), I found it. Where? Some other corner of the garage? The opposite side of the garage? NOOOO...in a dark corner of the cellar!!!
But, once I found it, I think I heard the chimney screaming, because I took my aggression out on it. And it is squeaky clean now.
I hate to start a fire in the woodstove to start winter without cleaning it. (Though while in Seneca Falls in September, my son in law did...God, help him I did not choke him..lol).
All that is left is to put the chimney brush away...and it will go in the cellar now because my garage needs a good haul out. But, man I wanted to choke someone who I would not even grace with two words...at least not two words I can say on here!.
But, it is worth the glow of a nice warm fire on a cold fall/winter night and a job I hate doing, but get much satisfaction out of.
Now, if you will excuse me...I hear a hot shower calling me... followed by a hot pack to my back...medication, a nap...then physical therapy.

Edited by Strawberry Jam (10/10/06 12:59 PM)

#458576 --- 10/10/06 01:14 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

There is nothing worse than not being able to find something that wasn't placed in it's correct place.

#458577 --- 10/10/06 01:22 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I was livid. I searched everywhere I could think of where he might put it. The garage is worse than when I started (getting that cleaned out isn the spring with a roll off trailer...too much junk left by me, him and my kids.).
I finally went back to the cellar, flashlight in hand and located it.
I would not care so much, but if I had not found it, I would have had to buy a new one. No way in heck i would call him to find anything!
But, now that the job is done, I am starting to feel better about things, back to my old independent self. I have always cleaned the chimney, but last year, I had just had a cortisone injection and could not. I am glad the job is done, and I am more my old self.
Just one more thing on my checklist to add that I dont need a man...lol. Need, no...want? Someday.
But I am unsure I would ever put that much trust into someone ever, ever again.

#458578 --- 10/10/06 01:28 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Someday you will. Breakups take time to get over and then to move on. I think too many people jump into a new relationship after a breakup and never learn to become independant on their own again.

Isn't it amazing how much stuff you can accumulate? I moved into my house 7 years ago and thought I had so much room. Now I look around and think I need more storage space.

#458579 --- 10/10/06 01:33 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

The biggest PITA in the garage right now is my arbor I amde for the weddings last year, that was to be put up in my side yard this summer and prepared to be left out. Never got to it as I cannot do it alone, and my kids never had "time". But, net spring I am getting that done and the rest will follow.
I date here and there, but I would not enter a relationship for awhile. He did from what I understand. That's just fine. Rebounds rarely work, and they are not for me.
But, someday, yes...I will be ready to open my heart again.

#458580 --- 10/10/06 01:39 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

We built an arbor over my back patio a few years ago. You'll love it once you get it installed.

Dating can be fun. I always hate the first date. They always seem awkward.

#458581 --- 10/10/06 01:50 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

There is a gentleman in town who has flirted with for years, but is apparently to shy to ask me out...or is unaware I am available...to an extent. So...my kids, family and friends keep reminding me it is 2006. They want me to call and ask him out for dinner or a movie or both. He is very nice and good looking, and busy! He is a farmer, but he does go out. I just have not got the nerve yet. The other dates were blaaaah. Or I knew they only wanted one thing, and I was not going there.
Aww, well...maybe tonight I will call.

#458582 --- 10/10/06 01:55 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
EYRIE Offline

Loc: Wherever Life leads me
Just call and tell him you're going out for dinner/out to a movie, and you'd like some company. Would he like to go.

#458583 --- 10/10/06 01:57 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Instead of dinner/movie or both, you could always see if he is available for coffee, a walk around town, or maybe even lunch. But yes, if your interested in him, then give him a call. Or if you run into him in the store, by all means stop and chat.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >