Or maybe a stake through her heart,
oh wait,
she doesn't have one.

FingerLakes1.com
#458725 --- 12/01/06 04:46 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Thanks guys, but Pattie is doing nothing to me...I cant see her post...and have not in a long, long time.

#458726 --- 12/01/06 04:53 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
E. Mousie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: in my suite in the bookcase!
sigh......well lacking a heart one can only feel sorry for such a person. At the very least.
In sharing so much of your feelingss SBJ, you may be helping someone who also is facing loss. Don't be ashamed or let her bash you.

#458727 --- 12/01/06 05:13 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
The thing with this thread is it allows others that may be feeling the same way to understand that they are not alone in feeling anxiety or depression because of the season change and the upcoming holidays.

My understanding is that there are more people than usual this year seeing help from their doctors for depression.

#458728 --- 12/01/06 05:20 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Exactly, TRD.
The problem would be if I was NOT talking about it. If I kept it hidden away from everyone and was in denial and just let it fester.
I talk about it here, with friends and family and I write in a journal. I speak to a therapist about once a month and I am doing very well and do NOT need meds at this time.
The only time I needed any kind of meds was at the beginning of all of this to help me sleep, and that was Benadryl.
I thank all of you for sharing with me your own stories, and yes it does make me feel less alone with all of this. Last year, I was "up" except for missing my son who was in Afghanistan, and I thank God he is safely on US soil now. I only wish he could come home fro Christmas, but still I am grateful he is not in a war zone anymore.

#458729 --- 12/01/06 05:29 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
The thing of it is, the people that don't talk about it and keep it inside are the ones at biggest risk. I realize that I really don't know anyone on here, but at least it is an outlet to talk about things that bring me down this time of year.

This whole Christmas Shopping thing just stresses me out. It is frustrating trying to shop for people that have everything they could ever want. It sucks going out into the malls and not finding anything that I would want to buy for someone. The one promise I am going to make this year is that I pick up items for people through out the year. If I happen to be somewhere and I find something that I think my mom will like, I will buy it, even if it is the middle of March.

#458730 --- 12/01/06 05:34 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

The day I went Xmas shopping with a friend of mine at the mall, I was just not in the mood for it. I kept seeing happy couples here and there, and that didnt help.
But, I go out on Black Friday for the first time ever and I am just happy as a clam, didnt care who was with who...I was a on a mission for my grandson and boy is he going to be grinning ear to ear Christmas morning here!
I love seeing young kids at Christmas time. Their eyes lighting up with all the lights and sounds.
Next year, my other grandson will be here....and that will make next year that more special. But, I already bought him a gift for this year...a light up Glow worm that says a bedtime prayer...I couldnt resist!

#458731 --- 12/01/06 05:58 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Sparkey Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
I also buy throughout the year TRD as I buy for 25!! that's this year,next year will be 26 with the new grand baby!!
That is just family,I do buy for some friends.
I can not wait to see the kids faces either SBJ on Christmas morning. This year I am thinking of going to the VFW to help out,two of my girls already said they would join me.

#458732 --- 12/01/06 09:36 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Eeyrie Offline

The time from Thanksgiving through the New Year are the worst, but some people start as early as September with their SAD. There are no pills for SAD that I know of, and I've been diagnosed with it for 5-6 years now. The official treatment is a full spectrum light, but on a personal basis, I think the best treatment is good friends who are willing to listen, and family members who glow with the love.
JMHO

#458733 --- 12/02/06 07:37 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
SBJ...Don't let "happy looking" couples get you down. I stayed married through the holidays "for the sake of the kids" and it was the worst Christmas ever. Acting all happy in front of the WHOLE family, family photos (the worst since you know it was such a farce and it all looks like a KODAK moment!) etc. ONLY YOU, can make your own happiness. Move forward...quit looking back. Once you have distanced yourself from your past...then you can revisit it. I have NOTHING in my Christmas boxes of either exes. I bought all new stuff in my own TASTE/STYLE. Give all those old "special" ornaments to your kids. Buy yourself a special ornament, tell your kids that you want a special ornament for Christmas and start all over again with NEW memories. Have your g-son make you "special" ornaments...thats always fun to do! Happy Holidays!

#458734 --- 12/02/06 08:53 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
I agree WTL..... If you stick one foot in YESTERDAY and one foot into TOMORROW.....all you are doing is pee'ing on TODAY!. All you have is right now this moment.... try not to worry about the past....nor worry about making it till tomorrow.... All you have is right here right now... Noone is guarenteed tomorrow...and every day it will be easier to deal with the past.

#458735 --- 12/02/06 09:26 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Just about every decoration is new on my tree. With the exception of the birth years of my kids and my Mom's silver bells and a couple others. Nothing form my ex. I had a good cry and after, i just looked at the tree and thought how pretty it looked...and moved on.
I try not to revisit the past, but per my therapist, there will be days (especially holiday time) when things will get stirred up. I can either deal with it or push it way deep down and let it fester. I prefer to deal with it and move on and let it out.
I am dating again and have no ambition of EVER going backwards with anyone.

#458736 --- 12/02/06 10:33 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Smile'n Pattie Offline

Loc: Main Street. USA
That is good, and if your dating you don't look a thing like your sister. LMAO

#458737 --- 12/03/06 02:57 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Three weeks to the solstice, and then I know that I'll start feeling better by about Jan. 1, and I know that you will too; hang in there!

#458738 --- 12/04/06 10:39 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
SilverFox Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Quote:

I agree WTL..... If you stick one foot in YESTERDAY and one foot into TOMORROW.....all you are doing is pee'ing on TODAY!. All you have is right now this moment.... try not to worry about the past....nor worry about making it till tomorrow.... All you have is right here right now... Noone is guarenteed tomorrow...and every day it will be easier to deal with the past.

Scottie, I love the wisdom of your post. I would add to it that no one, and I mean absolutely no one has a perfect life. Everyone has their own personal "crosses" to bear. Never waste your future by continuing to cry over the past - learn from past mistakes and be done with the past. Live, Laugh and be happy for another chance.

#458739 --- 12/05/06 01:46 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Thanks SF..... it is something I have to deal with everyday.... I have hurt so many in the past and there is NOTHING I can do about it. I have have noone to blame but myself for the past and it is their RIGHT for some to still not forgive me. I could sit here and dwell on it .... and have a pity party for myself or I can move on and use the future to better myself and to try and not repeat the past to prove my sorrow to the one's I have hurt.

#458740 --- 12/05/06 04:29 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Sparkey Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
You are just awesome baby!!

#458741 --- 12/05/06 07:29 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Yes he is, and I also agree, you cannot relive the past.
I am not trying to. It sprouts up from time to time when something sparks a memory. It happens, it passes, and I go on.
But, I also now have a new saying hit me when it does happen "pissin' on today".
Love ya Scottie.

#458742 --- 12/05/06 10:01 AM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Smile'n Pattie Offline

Loc: Main Street. USA
I did hear, scottie like em' big, so maybe you got a chance.

#458743 --- 12/05/06 02:26 PM Re: Seasonal Disorder
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

THis proves you have NO CLUE what you are talking about...SBJ is FAR from big.... actually I am too big for her.... I might crush her! she is the cutest thing! Any yes my dear pattie you are correct I DO like them big!
always remember.....

Bones are for the DOGS......
MEAT is for the MEN!!!

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >