FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#424092 --- 08/17/06 08:56 AM Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Gold Member

Hicks Backing Out of Seneca County Offer?
Finger Lakes News Radio-Greg Cotterill
8/17/06
Seneca County's Government Operations Committee meets tonight to discuss three resolutions that involve the future of Seneca County Manager Sharon Secor. Secor was appointed in January to serve two years running the county, but after just a month she says she was forced to announce her retirement at the end of this year.

Some county supervisors want to hire former Ontario County Administrator John Hicks as a consultant, with Hicks taking over as interim county manager next year.

That plan looks like it will not happen, as this week Hicks has written a letter to the Seneca County officials in which he says he recently acquired some additional consulting work and in the future he would be able to offer his experience to Seneca County on " a very limited basis." Hicks also says in the letter that he supports the poisiton that Seneca County needs a full-time county manager.

The Seneca County Govenment Operations Committee meets tonight at 6pm.

FingerLakes1.com
#424093 --- 01/10/07 04:50 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Loc: NY
Hicks must not be as busy now as he was when he was being considered for Seneca County Manager? What a joke. Does anyone know if being a member of the FLCC Board of Trustees is a paid position?

http://www.fltimes.com/articles/2007/01/09/news/news02-02.txt

Hicks joins FLCC board

By CRAIG FOX/Finger Lakes Times
Tuesday, January 9, 2007 11:05 AM CST

HOPEWELL - Retired Ontario County Administrator John Hicks is the newest member of the Finger Lakes Community College's Board of Trustees. He was appointed late last month by Gov. George Pataki.

Hicks, 73, led the county from 1984 to 1995, and began his term at Monday night's trustee meeting. The term runs through 2013. He replaces Robert Belmont, a former Richmond town supervisor whose seven-year term ended last month.

#424094 --- 01/10/07 05:31 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Gold Member

The biggest joke around is YOU!!!

Why don't you march right uo to FLCC and demand an explanation?
Then, when they tell you to go to hell, you can holler "corruption".

#424095 --- 01/10/07 06:43 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
LMAO

#424096 --- 01/10/07 09:06 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Quote:

Why don't you march right uo to FLCC and demand an explanation?.......

I don't see where FLCC did anything wrong. The issue is that the Seneca County puppets of "the powers that be" wanted to hire this 73 year old man as Seneca County's new County Manager! When David Dresser exposed everything that was going on to pressure the current County Manager to retire early to make the job vacant, the public got outraged and John Hicks then announced he was too busy to do the job! That is the point I was trying to make here. He was not too busy. That was just a excuse for John Hicks to get out of the political heat that had been generated. The Seneca County problems all go back to one man and every event makes it more obvious.

#424097 --- 01/10/07 09:30 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Gold Member

Quote:

Quote:

Why don't you march right uo to FLCC and demand an explanation?.......

I don't see where FLCC did anything wrong. The issue is that the Seneca County puppets of "the powers that be" wanted to hire this 73 year old man as Seneca County's new County Manager! When David Dresser exposed everything that was going on to pressure the current County Manager to retire early to make the job vacant, the public got outraged and John Hicks then announced he was too busy to do the job! That is the point I was trying to make here. He was not too busy. That was just a excuse for John Hicks to get out of the political heat that had been generated. The Seneca County problems all go back to one man and every event makes it more obvious.

I can think of one good thing Bianchi did.
He got rid of your worthless butt!!!!

#424098 --- 01/10/07 10:00 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Everyone please note that when I post using facts, logic, and common sense, Festus can only reply by name-calling and hurling insults.

#424099 --- 01/10/07 10:02 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
Welcome to the FORUMS.

#424100 --- 01/10/07 10:23 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Gold Member

Quote:

Everyone please note that when I post using facts, logic, and common sense, Festus can only reply by name-calling and hurling insults.

Where, and be very specific, have you EVER made a post "using facts, logic, and common sense"?

Your posts are rife with speculation, innuendo, and outright falsehoods. You, sir, are reprehensible. Not to mention the fact that you are morally bankrupt.

#424101 --- 01/10/07 10:54 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Where, and be very specific, have you EVER made a post "using facts, logic, and common sense"?.....

I submit that the following which I posted above are facts. Do you disagree?

Quote:

The issue is that the Seneca County puppets of "the powers that be" wanted to hire this 73 year old man as Seneca County's new County Manager! When David Dresser exposed everything that was going on to pressure the current County Manager to retire early to make the job vacant, the public got outraged and John Hicks then announced he was too busy to do the job!

#424102 --- 01/10/07 11:16 PM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Where, and be very specific, have you EVER made a post "using facts, logic, and common sense"?.....

Quote:

The issue is that the Seneca County puppets of "the powers that be" wanted to hire this 73 year old man as Seneca County's new County Manager! When David Dresser exposed everything that was going on to pressure the current County Manager to retire early to make the job vacant, the public got outraged and John Hicks then announced he was too busy to do the job!

No answer huh, Festus? I didn't think so. You have just proven my point in spades. You can't debate the issue of Seneca County corruption in a logical and rational manner using known facts and logic and common sense. All you can do is moan and groan and throw stones and hurl insults. You may be a year older but you didn't get any wiser.

#424103 --- 01/11/07 02:33 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
Mr.President Offline

Loc: Cayuga Lake
"Everyone please note that when I post using facts, logic, and common sense, Festus can only reply by name-calling and hurling insults. "

Damn can anyone else feel the love here? ROTFLMAO
Mr.Presidente HGWT-Free

I'd rather be a Bounty Hunter,at least I would know my enemy then.

#424104 --- 01/11/07 02:50 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What a mess:: "puppets"; "the public got outraged"; the exclamation point; not to mention the considerable latitude you allow yourself in interpreting the situation. I don't even care about this issue, but you seem to be asking for a critique, so here's mine: You are about as well-spoken and rational as a rabid cat.

#424105 --- 01/11/07 04:37 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
cleangov Offline

AbuDhabi, are you rational in the Debate Section with your many posts where you support the war in Iraq and talk endlessly about how we need to keep it going and riducle those who disagree with you? Not to mention your many very graphic and grotesque posts about the suffering over there.

Sure, I am emotional about this topic. I believe in honest government for Seneca County. How about Festus? Do you think he is debating this topic honestly with me? Have you ever seen him post anything on this topic other than a put down of the poster? I answered his very basic question in this post. I asked a question back and he refuses to respond.

My interpretation of the situation, as you call it, has been born out in the actual events that have happened in the last year and there are many more shocking events about to unfold in the grand jury and FBI probes when they are completed.

#424106 --- 01/11/07 05:28 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
Gold Member

awwwwwwwwwwww

Poor, poor losers. Gotta stick together.

You two oughta start your own club.

You could call it "Losers who pat each other on the back and bitch about the winners"

Except Centurion wouldn't be able to spell it.

#424107 --- 01/11/07 07:30 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager.
cleangov Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Still have no answer for this, do you? You are clueless.

#424108 --- 01/11/07 07:47 AM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
Driver8 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Quote:

Cleangov said

Use of the term "puppets": a matter of opinion, not fact.

"David Dresser exposes everything": Dresser may have exposed Shipley's earlier machinations. Dresser didn't expose the offer to Hicks. It was announced at the board meeting and in all the papers.

"Public got outraged": some members of the public were outraged, others didn't care, others probably supported the move. Unless you conducted a scientific poll (and the polls here aren't scientific), you have no idea the level of outrage. So this is an assumption or opinion on your part, not a fact.

"and then Hicks announced he was too busy": You're assuming a connection. There may be one, but you havent proven it. So this is also not a fact.

Now lets look at the one thing you've finally said that IS a fact:

Quote:

Cleangov said:
I want to see the Democrats take over the Seneca County Board of Supervisors next year.

#424109 --- 01/11/07 05:06 PM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
Seneca Gabber Offline

Loc: South End
Festus, you sure sound childish.

#424110 --- 01/11/07 05:55 PM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
Gold Member

Thank you.

#424111 --- 01/11/07 11:22 PM Re: Hicks done? Favors full time Manager
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Quote:

AbuDhabi, are you rational in the Debate Section with your many posts where you support the war in Iraq and talk endlessly about how we need to keep it going and riducle those who disagree with you? Not to mention your many very graphic and grotesque posts about the suffering over there.

If you were having half as much fun as I am, your emotionalism wouldn't be an issue. I play the nitwit because it is FUN to antagonize all of these serious-minded scrooges and curmudgeons. When I want to, I can be serious and I can be persuasive. You have to learn to turn it on and off; otherwise you wind up sounding like - like you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >