FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#270779 --- 12/29/05 10:24 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

Loc: USA
Sounds like you've had your hands full?
She's 16 and telling US what time she'll be home??? lol.....As long as she on PINS, I'm going to ask her PINS officer if she has that right due to her age....I'm sure he will say "NO" she won't believe me, he'll have to tell her for us.........I don't know if he's even there this week, but, I'm going to try anyhow!
That 16 law regardless the reason it was set to be needs to change----after all, we have "no control" but we are liable for any monutary events they have and getting sick of this law............Its okay for her to hit me, but if we hit her, CPS is called---------we don't beat our kid-but she has no right to hit me....takes advantage of my situation alot!

FingerLakes1.com
#270780 --- 12/29/05 02:39 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
american girl Offline

Loc: ny
I did see in the paper a while back where a 16 year old girl got arrested for hitting her mom, if she keeps it up, call the police...that'll scare her!

#270781 --- 12/29/05 10:00 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
sands Offline

Loc: NY
Quote:

Its okay for her to hit me, but if we hit her, CPS is called------

If she is 16 she is old enough to be arrested:

NYS Penal Law 240.26
Harassment in the second degree.

A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same;

Have her read this:

NYS Penal Law
Article 35.10 Justification; use of physical force generally.
The use of physical force upon another person which would otherwise constitute an offense is justifiable and not criminal under any of the following circumstances:

1. A parent , guardian or other person entrusted with the care and supervision of a person under the age of twenty-one or an incompetent person, and a teacher or other person entrusted with the care and supervision of a person under the age of twenty-one for a special purpose, may use physical force, but not deadly physical force, upon such person when and to the extent that he reasonably believes it necessary to maintain discipline or to promote the welfare of such person.

#270782 --- 12/30/05 11:19 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

I'm sorry, but I can't do that to her.....She hurts my feelings all the time and I am the only one wanting to help her but she doesn't see it like that......

#270783 --- 12/30/05 10:23 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
Under NO circumstances is it ok for her to hit you or anyone else.

#270784 --- 12/30/05 11:11 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Quote:

She's 16 and telling US what time she'll be home??? lol.....As long as she on PINS, I'm going to ask her PINS officer if she has that right due to her age....I'm sure he will say "NO" she won't believe me, he'll have to tell her for us.........I don't know if he's even there this week, but, I'm going to try anyhow!
That 16 law regardless the reason it was set to be needs to change----after all, we have "no control" but we are liable for any monutary events they have and getting sick of this law............Its okay for her to hit me, but if we hit her, CPS is called---------we don't beat our kid-but she has no right to hit me....takes advantage of my situation alot!

Spare me...let's all pick on her.... Wiggles your kids are the worst things to EVER hit the streets,,,hello pot meet kettle.

#270785 --- 12/31/05 09:22 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
senecagirl Offline

Loc: SOMEWHERE!
hello pot meet kettle

Oh and your kids are perfect...noone asked for your advise so walk away

#270786 --- 12/31/05 10:05 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

How dare you put down any one of my kids. Do you even know any of them Missy?

#270787 --- 12/31/05 12:56 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

WELL, MAYBE THEY ARE, BUT THEY ARE MY KIDS! SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

#270788 --- 12/31/05 05:24 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
ibepoken Offline

Loc: somewhere
Quote:

Quote:

Spare me...let's all pick on her.... Wiggles your kids are the worst things to EVER hit the streets,,,hello pot meet kettle.

Why on earth would you pick on her? Do you think it is easy raising kids? No it's not easy I can tell you from experience

#270789 --- 12/31/05 05:30 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
senecababe Offline

Loc: We're in Kansas Dorothy
Della. That was very rude. I cannot believe that you would say that about someones children. Do you even know these people? And to think that you came here to just make that statement. YAK!

#270790 --- 12/31/05 07:28 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Quote:

Della. That was very rude. I cannot believe that you would say that about someones children. Do you even know these people? And to think that you came here to just make that statement. YAK!

Yes I know who these people are. I didn't come here just to make that statement...I have much more to say...Any takers?

#270791 --- 12/31/05 08:53 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
It IS a public forum Della, you are allowed to speak whatever you wish, whether we agree with it or not...

#270792 --- 12/31/05 10:44 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
ibepoken Offline

Loc: somewhere
I wouldn't talk about other people's children that way, whether they are older or younger children

#270793 --- 12/31/05 11:50 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
justlurkin Offline

I wish you the best Wiggles...God knows raising kids is not always fun!
I know from experience until one's kids are raised
and out on their own, no one knows what lies ahead
in any family.
So, no takers here!
I wish everyone raising kids a Happy and Better New Year! Peace on Earth All!

#270794 --- 01/01/06 11:08 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

No, I was a lousy Mother, I was only 18 myself when I had my 1st son? I didn't know the first thing about raising a kid----I certainly didn't have a role model to follow, thats for sure....When I was raised, all I ever heard was yelling and screaming---getting blamed for stuff that my sister was doing.....I can tell you stories....by the time I had my 3rd son, everything started to kick in finally----they don't come with instructions you know and I didn't come from a loving family....I never intended to make myself out to be a loving, caring Mother, and maybe I wasn't way back then? But, I always backed my kids----certainly their Father was never around---I was the only one that stood up for them----I, for some reason,was always misunderstood----but I never ran away like my X did ...was I any better, probably not, but since I had this stroke [my punishment] I've truly changed my ways....I see my kids going through hard times and I want to help, because I've been there and done that....Nobody ever gave me a free place to live like I gave my middle daughter and her kids. They only have to pay lot rent for a 4 bdrm. trailor! Yes, I feel good about that---this house will be left to my youngest daughter....Plus I have a life Insurance policy to leave a small amt to each.....I can count on it that their Dad won't be bothered, he probably doesn't even have one on himself?
Well, let me just leave it at that......she's probably a friend of my X anyways?

#270795 --- 01/01/06 11:23 AM Re: Changing the 16 law
justlurkin Offline

Nicely put and sorry you felt you had to clean your closet...I do not know who Della is, but she is usually a very fair poster. My post was not to be a hurtful post to either of you. It was just my own opinion from life's experiences myself! Hang in there!

#270796 --- 01/01/06 01:45 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

I just don't think I would need my laundry washed in here!
I waa just calling her bluff---admitting that I was not too great of a mom because you yourself JL know how it was when I was a child myself growing up in a home w/o love! Okay I won't go that far back....but it turned into the impossible for myself, my sister, my kids, her kids and that circle is still going strong....[negetivity]. I say I love you to all my kids now! It really made me question real love from anyone--------why would somebody love me? It was a very long time questoning love when we grew up w/o kisses, hugs, no affection from anyone except my Dad and g-ma....I really miss them I think my two oldest sons were raised by that same ora that I was raised in....

#270797 --- 01/01/06 02:25 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
justlurkin Offline

My thoughts...and the way I look at life now! You cannot change the past...so why go there...now I look out for today and making tomorrow the best i know how! That's all any of us can do! I really think we may have taken Della out of context. I do not know her but as a poster she is awesome!
Maybe a bad day...we all have those!

#270798 --- 01/01/06 03:17 PM Re: Changing the 16 law
izzy Offline

So then, why are there people who think they know everything that ever happened to me in my life? I was there, not anyone else---certainly nobody in here...It took me a long time to get to where I am today...the past with my X is over
now, and I'd like to leave it that way----do you even know what date that was Della? First week of June 1978---same week as 2 of his daughters b-days. Yes, I wanted him back, but he only stopped over after drinking at a bar, yes, I went out looking for him in these bars---I wanted revenge for leaving us I didn't even know why? I still don't, maybe you do Della? Did he have you too

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >