FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#248839 --- 10/23/05 05:54 PM X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

Loc: seneca
Isn't anyone starting to think about their Christmas cookie, dessert bars, pies or cakes? Anyone out there have any great recipes for the holidays? I love to bake and would love to have some new recipes!

FingerLakes1.com
#248840 --- 10/24/05 11:30 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Boggiegolfer Offline

Neapolitan Cookies from
(Can be Frozen)
1/2 Ib. of Almond Paste.(Can 8oz.)
1-cup margarine or butter (softened)
1 cup of sugar
4 egg yokes
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Almond extract
4 Egg whites
20 drops red food coloring
12 drops of green food coloring
1/4 cup of seedless raspberry jam
1/4-cup apricot preserves (only small jar necessary)
1-6 oz. pkg. Semi-sweet choc. Chip.

1. Preheat oven to 350° Grease bottom of three 13" x 9" x 2" baking pans. (I use 9x13 cookie sheets.) Line pans with waxed paper.Grease Paper.
2. Using a fork, break up almond paste into small pieces in a large bowl. Add butter, almond extract, sugar, and egg yolks and beat with electric mixer at medium speed- Beat mixture until light and fluffy. (5 min.)
3. With a wooden spoon, beat in flour until well combined.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. With wooden spoon, stir into almond mixture using a turning, folding motion.
5. Remove 1 1/2 cups of batter to med. Bowl: Stir in red food coloring until well blended- Turn into a prepared pan, spreading evenly. Add green food color to 1 1/2 cups of batter and turn into another pan.
Turn remaining batter into third pan.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Invert onto wire racks. Remove pans. Cool Completely.
7. Place green layer on large cookies sheet and spread Raspberry jam evenly over green layer; top with yellow layer, spread apricot preserves over yellow layer and top with pink layer. Layers should line up evenly.
8. Cover with plastic wrap. Set cutting board over layers with a heavy object on it Refrigerate overnight.
9. Next day; (in top of double boiler) melt chocolate chips. Spread over the top of layers and let dry. Trim edges with sharp knife. Cut in 1" square pieces.

**To make it easier: go to any dollar store and buy 3 small cookie sheets!

#248841 --- 10/24/05 03:53 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

Thank you Boogie! I didn't think people baked anymore! I know I am a little early thinking about baking, but I start early and freeze some of the baked goods!

#248842 --- 10/24/05 04:05 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

Loc: Here.
My hubby loves mint cookies dipped in chocolate.. I just make regular suger cookies but add a few teaspoons of mint flavoring and green coloring to it, use a small tree cookie cutter, then dip the bottoms of them into melted milk chocolate once they're done. He ate a whole dozen on his own last year.

#248843 --- 10/25/05 11:29 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Boggiegolfer Offline

The mint cookies dipped in chocolate sounds good! I have had some peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate. They were round little balls. Yummy. I need to try the sugar ones. Is there a trick to dipping them in the chocolate? It was just the bottom in chocolate....do you mean the whole flat bottom? Or half the cookie? Thanks, D

Attachments
237624-applewelc.gif (78 downloads)

#248844 --- 10/25/05 01:36 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

The flat bottom is what I usually dipped... my sister did the bottom half (like the tree's base and bottom 2 branches) but it made it rock a little wen you put it on a plate. I just did the backside of 'em.

#248845 --- 10/25/05 01:39 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

I didnt bake them as long as regular sugar cookies, either.. Took them out about 2-4 minutes earlier so they were still a wee bit squishy, but held their shape so I could dip them.

#248846 --- 10/25/05 09:37 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

They sound great too Kod! I love mint cookies! I will be baking these for x-mas too! Will they freeze well Kod?

#248847 --- 10/26/05 01:38 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

I havent tried freezing them- Ubu eats them all before I can try...

but I don't think it would be a big problem...

#248848 --- 10/26/05 09:48 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Thena Offline

Loc: The places of my mind
it is (well was when my father was alive) to bake and make cookies platters as gifts for christmas... which i have (to some extent) taken over doing (to a less degree - at least for now while i have young babies at home!). cookies, fudge, white trash (white chocolate covering cereal, pretzles and nuts)... etc... and make enough for gifts, with leftovers with us for christmas and new years eve parties!

#248849 --- 10/27/05 09:47 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

My family does the same thing Thena! We make fudge, cookies and dessert bars to make platters for family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. This year I hope to get a earlier start on them!

#248850 --- 10/27/05 01:40 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
L EE Offline

Speaking of fudge, does anyone have a good, quick, easy recipe for fudge. I never have any luck with it.....

#248851 --- 10/27/05 04:02 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

Maybe someone on here can help me out with a recipe.

My mother used to have the recipe for banana-nut salad that was passed down from my great-grandmom. Unfortunately, she lost the notebook that it was kept in!!

Does anyone else know this recipe? Its our first christmas, and its a family tradition to always make it for the holidays. I wanted to keep that tradition with our new family....

#248852 --- 10/27/05 04:03 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

I tried to make fudge once a few years ago.
I messed up horribly.
on a side note, though, it became an AWESOME fondue.

#248853 --- 10/27/05 04:03 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

my sister said the best one she's found is actually from the side of a bottle of fluff.

#248854 --- 10/27/05 06:21 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
L EE Offline

Quote:

Maybe someone on here can help me out with a recipe.

My mother used to have the recipe for banana-nut salad that was passed down from my great-grandmom. Unfortunately, she lost the notebook that it was kept in!!

Does anyone else know this recipe? Its <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=our%20first%20christmas" onmouseover="window.status='our first

christmas'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">our first christmas</a>, and its a family tradition to always make it for the holidays. I wanted to keep that tradition with our new family....

I will put this recipe on here, that I have. Maybe it's the same one, or one similiar.

sliced bananas and ground peanuts ----

Sauce: 1 c. brown sugar, 1 pt. cream, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 TBLS. cornstarch 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla. Make sauce by cooking all ingreaients until slightly thick, then let cool. Layer ground peanuts and bananas and sauce.

#248855 --- 10/27/05 08:31 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

I have a foolproof fudge recipe:

3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
dash of salt (I don't use salt)
! cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla

Put the condensed milk, choco chips and salt in a sauce pan over low heat. Keep stirring until the chips are melted. Take off stove and add vanilla. In an 8x8 or 9x9 pan line with waxed paper. Put fudge in the lined pan. Chill for 2 hours. Turn fudge unto a cutting board and peel off wax paper. cut in to squares and store loosely covered at room temperature.

I just made a double batch in a 9x13 pan with no nuts. If anyone is interested, I have another recipe for peanut butter fudge with a layer of chocolate on top. Happy cooking!

#248856 --- 10/27/05 11:59 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
lovesantiques Offline
Silver Member

Loc: across from a beautiful little...
LOVESANTIQUES FUDGE:

12 oz. package chocolate chips
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts (if desired)

Melt chocolate chips at medium high in microwave for 2-1/2 minutes. Stir until melted. Add peanut butter and condensed milk and blend. Microwave at medium high for 1-1/2 minutes. Add coconut and nuts. Pour into an 8" x 8" buttered dish. Cool....and cut.....and enjoy!!

#248857 --- 10/28/05 09:18 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

sounds yummy lovesantiques! another one to add to my collection. Thank you very much!

#248858 --- 10/28/05 09:54 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
lovesantiques Offline
Silver Member

you're welcome!!

#248859 --- 10/28/05 02:31 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
KoDSC Offline

Ruffles- totally unrelated note- from the way your quote came up from what I've posted, you've got a major spyware.

#248860 --- 11/17/05 07:24 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

Peppermint Kisses

These are refreshing and delicious. And another thing they are low in fat, especially during the holidays if your trying to watch your intake these will help.

- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes - 1 green, 1 red, crushed

- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy
- Add salt and cream of tartar
- Beat until soft peaks form
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. (Please note if using a plastic bag, cut a 1 inch hole in a corner.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 inch kisses of meringue onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets
- Sprinkle half with red crushed candy canes and half with green candy canes
- Bake at 250 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until dry but not brown
- Cool; remove from foil
- Store in an airtight container

Will yield about 3 dozen

#248861 --- 11/17/05 07:30 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

I see people like Fudge .....well did you hear of Mamie Eisenhower's Fudge..........yes the former 1st lady.......

Mamie Eisenhower Fudge

Ingredients
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11 1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine

Nutritional Information: 1 piece:Calories 75; Saturated Fat 1g
Total Fat 3g; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 12g; Fiber 0g; Sodium 9mg
Cholesterol 1mg

When Mamie Eisenhower came to the White House, she brought along a recipe for fudge that called for marshmallow creme. Her candy was so creamy the President reportedly called it the "Million Dollar" fudge.

Makes about 3 1/2 pounds (117 pieces).
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.

Step 1:
- Line a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly butter foil; set aside.

- In a large bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla.

Step 2:
- In a heavy large saucepan, stir together the sugar, evaporated skimmed milk, and butter.

- Bring to boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar. (Avoid splashing mixture onto side of pan.)

- Lower the heat to moderately low. Stir and boil for 1 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

Step 3:

- Carefully pour the boiling mixture over the chocolate mixture.

- Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is creamy and well combined.

- Quickly turn the fudge into prepared pan.

- While fudge is warm, use the tip of a small knife to score into 1-inch squares.

Step 4:

- When fudge is firm, lift it out of pan; cut into squares.

- To store, cover tightly and refrigerate.

Cutting Fudge:

- By lining the pan with foil, you can remove the fudge quickly and easily.

- When the candy is firm, grasp the foil and lift the block of fudge out of the pan.

- Remove the foil and place the candy on a cutting board.

- Using a long-bladed, serrated knife, such as a bread knife, cut along the lines scored in the fudge. To get a smooth even cut, place one hand on the knife handle and the other on the top of the blade, then press down evenly until the knife cuts through the candy.

#248862 --- 11/17/05 07:34 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

Christmas Ice Cream Cups

These are really great especially after a fine meal and do kids really like these.

- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons each chopped red and green maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- Additional M&M’s, choppeed

- In a medium bowl, combine the ice cream, pecans, cherries and extracts

- Mix well

- Fold in M&M’s

- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups and freeze for at least 30 minutes

- sprinkle with chopped M&M’s

- Will yield about 8-10 servings

Another variation to this is to use chocolate ice cream or for that matter any Ice cream which you like.

#248863 --- 11/17/05 07:37 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

Caramel truffles

These will disappear faster than blinking an eye. Great holiday eating too. You can also gift wrap them for someone during the holiday season - they are that good.

- 26 caramels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening

- Line an 8 inch square dish with plastic wrap and set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream
- Microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute
- Stir
- Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth
- Spread into prepared dish (the one lined with plastic)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm

- Using plastic wrap, lift the candy out of the pan
- Cut into 30 pieces
- Roll each piece into a 1 inch ball
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm

- In a microwave safe bowl, melt semisweet chips and shortening
- Stir until smooth
- Dip carmaels in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets
- Refrigerate until firm

Will yield about 2 1/2 dozen truffles

#248864 --- 11/17/05 07:45 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

For those of you who enjoy truffles - I love them......Here's another one that is very easy and quick to make...........

QUICK, RICH TRUFFLES

Surely you've done something wonderful lately, something that deserves an extra-special reward. Then mix up a quick batch of these chocolate confections, sit back, and congratulate yourself.

- Note that if you like you can add 3 tablespoons of rum or another liqueur or flavoring to the truffle mixture after the chocolates, cream, and butter have melted.

- The truffles will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.

Makes about 32 truffles.

Per truffle: 68 cal, 7 g fat, 9 mg cholesterol, 2 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 3 mg sodium.

- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder

- In a heavy saucepan on low heat, melt chocolates, cream, and butter, stirring occasionally.

- Pour into a small bowl; cool.

- Refrigerate 2 hours, until mixture hardens.

- Using a melon baller, quickly form chocolate mixture into 3/4-inch balls.

- Refrigerate until cold.

- Roll balls in cocoa powder.

- Store in an airtight container

#248865 --- 11/17/05 09:06 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Brooklyn,
Your truffle pie is such a hit with my friends and family. I lost the recipe in the move and I have no clue what old thread it is in. Could you repost it?
I mixed it up last year, using white chocolate sometimes, and also the "swirl" chocolate morsels that Nestle has for the holidays. I saw a chocolate/caramel swirl one at the store the other day that I think would be PERFECT for truffle pie.
Thanks!

#248866 --- 11/18/05 12:50 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
I just watched this on TV - it looks impressive and it is delicious!!

Graham cracker crust: 12 graham crackers smashed; 3 tbs drk brown sugar; 6 tbs butter. Mix and press into crust.

3 cups milk boil
2 pkgs JELLO pudding (cook and serve)
whisk together;
Pour into crust; let semi cool; then place in fridge to thicken and chill.

Top with Strawberries, Blueberries and raspberries...and whipped creme of course!!

#248867 --- 11/21/05 12:53 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

past tense - here it is .................

You know I don't know how it started but it was a great fast recipe for a chocolate mousee, which I really love. I ate once at a plaec in Boston called Orson Wells. It was in Cambridge over 30 years ago. that night I had Roasted Duck and I decided to have a dessert. I asked the waiter what he felt was good. he said their mousse was fabulous. He wasn't wrong. I fell in love with their mousse and asked if the waiters could allow me to know the recipe. He asked and they gave to me and so for yhears I made it as a mousse.

But one time after being married we thought maybe this would make a great pie filling. Well we weren't wrong!

Chocolate lovers in our family really loved this and I think that many of you will too. To me it is absolutely devine, smooth and wonderful and it just melts in your mouth. What else can I say. Oh yes and its easy to make believe me - EASY!

Chocolate Truffle Pie

- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches )
- Whipping cream and chocolate covered peppermint candies - (optional)

- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream
- Cool on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth
- Cool to room temperature
- Stir in sugar and vanilla
- Set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, beat reamining cream until soft peaks form
- Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one-third at a time
- MIx well
- Spoon into crust
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours
- Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired

Will Yield - 8-10 servings

Bon Apetito!
- Brooklyn

#248868 --- 11/21/05 12:59 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

During this festive season we make many things. Many of them are unusual candies. Here's one I think you will like and its easy to make.

- 3 Tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 Can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Finely chopped Pistachios

- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the cocoa, milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly
- Reduce heat to low
- Cook and stir until thickened
- Transfer to a small bowl
- Cover and Refrigerate until chilled
- Roll in to 1 - inch balls
- Roll in Pistachios
- Store in the Refrigerator

Will Yield about 2 1/2 dozen

#248869 --- 11/21/05 01:15 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

This next recipe is another unusual one and is called rummy bananas. If you like bananas and rum you are going to love this one.

Rummy Bananas

This is an elegant dessert to dress up your next dinner party. Really impress your friends. Will serve 4.

- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Light Rum

- Melt Butter in a large heavy skillet or chafing dish over low heat
- Stir in brown sugar and lemon juice
- Simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens slightly
- Add Banana halves, rounded side down
- Turn carefully to coat all sides with syrup
- Simmer gently 1 minute

- Heat Rum in a small saucepan over low heat; do not boil
- Pour over Bananas
- Carefully ignite, using a long match
- Baste until flames subside

- Remove skillet from heat
- Carefully transfer Bananas to 4 serving plates,spooning sauce over it
- Serve immediately

Per serving - 290 Calories; 12g Fat; 31mg Cholesterol; 40g Carbohydrates; 3g Fiber; 1g Protein; 122mg Sodium

Enjoy
- Brooklyn

#248870 --- 11/21/05 10:32 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

Thank you very much Brooklyn for all the wonderful recipes! I have started with my baking and I am freezing them.

#248871 --- 11/21/05 10:49 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
karrie Offline

Loc: everywhere
damaid1 make sure you think of your friends when you take those cookies out of the freezer and fix the cookie trays.

#248872 --- 11/21/05 02:05 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Chocolate Truffle Pie....

Oh boy! This one will be right next to the candy bar pie. You know just how to hit my chocolate "nerve", Brooklyn. Sounds yummy!

#248873 --- 11/21/05 05:06 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Rory Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
On the Chocolate Truffle Pie, is that Whipped Cream, or Heavy cream?

#248874 --- 11/23/05 12:46 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

It can be any cream. But Heavy cream would be the best. You can substitute a lighter less fat cream if it will whip. But the heavy cream would be the best and would whip the best.

-Brooklyn

#248875 --- 11/23/05 12:51 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Brooklyn Offline

Tiramisu

We get many requests for this old classic Italian dessert which literally translates to "pick me up." My daughter in law loves it. I'm sure anyone who tries this will enjoy it.

Will serves 6-8

- 1 Package of Savoiardi (Italian Lady Fingers)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 lb of Marscapone cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly made espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder

- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until the mixture is thickened and light lemon color.

- Mix in the Marscapone cheese until thoroughly mixed.

- In a medium-size bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold into the cheese mixture.

- Dip the Savoiardi in espresso and line a 9 by 13 inch pan with them.

- Pour in half the cheese mixture and smooth.

- Add another layer of the Savoiardi dipped in espresso.

- Pour the remaining cheese mixture on top and smooth.

- Chill for 2 hours and dust with cocoa powder before serving.

Bon Apetito!
- Brooklyn

#248876 --- 11/28/05 06:21 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Rory Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
I made the chocholate truffle pie for thanksgiving with my own homemade oread crust! It was a great big hit! Thanks for the recipe!

#248877 --- 12/04/05 04:24 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Where's the love Offline

Simple Pie ala mode.
(*note substitute apples with pears - both are delicious)
Pepperidge farms makes a frozen pastry dough; thaw this out, and roll each section in to 5" crusts.
Slice Granny Smith apples (about 5 thin slices on top of each.
In separate bowl mix 6 tbs sugar with 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of sugar mixture over apples.

Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Top with Vanilla Ice Cream, caramel syrup and whip cream!!

#248878 --- 12/04/05 10:46 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
L EE Offline

r u talking phyllo dough ??

#248879 --- 12/06/05 12:09 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Where's the love Offline

no - pepperidge farms has Puff Pastry shells. other than pealing the apples and baking - this is soooo easy to make!

#248880 --- 12/06/05 11:02 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
damaid1 Offline

Hey Lovesantiques, the fudge you put on here is great! I love anything with cocnut in it! Thanks again!

#248881 --- 12/07/05 01:16 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
lovesantiques Offline
Silver Member

You're so welcome, damaid - - - it truly is good...and seems sneakily easy to make!

#248882 --- 12/07/05 12:00 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
justlurkin Offline

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Servings: 12

Ingredients

- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons CARAPELLI® Light Olive Oil

- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 oz) can whole-pack pumpkin
- prepared caramel topping

Directions
In work bowl of food processor, combine pecans, gingersnap cookie crumbs and brown sugar. Process until well combined. Add the olive oil and process to mix well. Press gingersnap mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in electric mixer, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well. Add cream, spices and pumpkin. Pour over prepared crust. Bake at 350°F for 1¼ hours. Remove from oven and let stand until completely cooled. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours or longer. Before serving, drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake in a decorative fashion.

#248883 --- 12/08/05 03:24 PM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Geneva_grl Offline

Loc: G-Town
I am probably dating myself, but.... I am searching for a butter cookie recipe that was on an old Tarr's Dairy calendar. They were the best cut outs ever and there was also a recipe for the butter cream icing. If anyone has those recipes, please, please share. I misplaced the recipes a couple of years ago and my family loves them. I so want to make them again.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!!

#248884 --- 12/23/05 07:31 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
JJsmom Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Quote:

If anyone is interested, I have another recipe for peanut butter fudge with a layer of chocolate on top. Happy cooking!

Did you ever post this recipe? I didn't see it. I would like to have it if I could. It sounds yummy.

#248885 --- 12/23/05 11:07 AM Re: X-mas dessert recipes
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
My brother in law made a fantastic pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving that used cream cheese, pumpkin & whipped cream. All either low or no fat. YUMMY!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >