elmo72 Offline

Quote:

My aunt says Boones Farm was the best! lol

Those are just really big bottles of wine coolers.........LOL

#232381 --- 09/13/05 08:52 PM Re: Wine
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
Elmo sweetie, join me in a gallon of Lake Niagara, and see where it takes you??? You never know...

#232382 --- 09/13/05 09:00 PM Re: Wine
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
Don't do it Elmo! The FBI has'nt found the last one yet.

#232383 --- 09/13/05 09:01 PM Re: Wine
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Thats because they couldn't get the contented smile off her face, now leave this alone... she needs me...

#232384 --- 09/13/05 09:04 PM Re: Wine
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Quote:

Quote:

My aunt says Boones Farm was the best! lol

Those are just really big bottles of wine coolers.........LOL

I agree! But I like the Melon Ball one and the Strawberry on a summer's night to unwind, No it is not a fancy wine, but it is a nice casual wine to drink for fun.
I remember my brothers and sisters talking about Boone's Farm Apple wine was alot younger. I have yet to try it....lol.

#232385 --- 09/13/05 09:16 PM Re: Wine
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Girls don't drink any wine at Buddy's house! I was there looking at a lawn mower this spring and I saw chains, hand cuffs and nail marks on the garage walls. That can't be a good sign of a happy date!

#232386 --- 09/13/05 09:20 PM Re: Wine
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Yes what you just reported were signs of alot of contentment, and passion, they all left feeling much better... Now tell me of the Hot tub tails at your house????

#232387 --- 09/13/05 09:56 PM Re: Wine
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Funny you should mention that. I was just out there with a married woman. We argued a little, discussed finances, schedules, children, life, taxes, death, parents, the neighbors cat etc etc etc

#232388 --- 09/14/05 03:23 AM Re: Wine
corruptionfightr Offline

Apparently dry red wines are better for you than sweet red wines

http://www.ynhh.org/online/nutrition/advisor/red_wine.html

A glass of red wine a day keeps the doctor away

Is red wine the fountain of youth or a potent poison? Is enjoying a glass of red wine with dinner each evening beneficial to your health? Current research suggests that a glass of red wine each day may be providing you with more than just a little relaxation.

What are the health benefits of drinking red wine?

For over 10 years, research has indicated that moderate intake of alcohol improves cardiovascular health. In fact, in 1992 Harvard researchers included moderate alcohol consumption as one of the "eight proven ways to reduce coronary heart disease risk." However, research has suggested that specifically red wine is the most beneficial to your heart health. The cardioprotective effect has been attributed to antioxidants present in the skin and seeds of red grapes.

Scientists believe the antioxidants, called flavonoids, reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in three ways:

by reducing production of low density lipoprotein (LDL)

cholesterol (also know as the "bad" cholesterol)

by boosting high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the good cholesterol)

by reducing blood clotting. Furthermore, consuming a glass of wine along with a meal may favorably influence your lipid profiles following that meal

Recently, researchers have found that moderate red wine consumption may be beneficial to more than just your heart. One study found that the antioxidant resveratrol, which is prevalent in the skin of red grapes, may inhibit tumor development in some cancers. Another study indicated that resveratrol aided in the formation of nerve cells, which experts believe may be helpful in the treatment of neurological diseases like Alzheimerís and Parkinsonís.

Which wines should you consume to reap the most benefits?

Researchers at the University of California, at Davis tested a variety of wines to determine which types have the highest concentrations of flavonoids. Their results concluded that the flavonoid favorite is Cabernet Sauvignon, followed closely by Petit Syrah and Pinot Noir. Both Merlots and red zinfandels have fewer flavonoids than their more potent predecessors. White wine had significantly smaller amounts than the red wine varieties. The bottom line is the sweeter the wine, the fewer the flavonoids. Dryer red wines are your best bet for a flavonoid boost.....

#232389 --- 09/14/05 08:58 AM Re: Wine
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:

"Oh baby, flattery will get you everywhere!" -----Oh really!!! Wow, thats good to know. Never mind Buddy he's 92 yrs old and a compliment is about all you will get. I on the other hand am 28 and 6'3" and full of compliments. Plus I like red wine.

hehehehe

I do like a tall man...

#232390 --- 09/14/05 09:04 AM Re: Wine
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:

Apparently dry red wines are better for you than sweet red wines

http://www.ynhh.org/online/nutrition/advisor/red_wine.html

A glass of red wine a day keeps the doctor away

Gosh, it's hard to believe how often I'm right! Well, not for me....

#232391 --- 09/14/05 09:12 AM Re: Wine
elmo72 Offline

Quote:

Girls don't drink any wine at Buddy's house! I was there looking at a lawn mower this spring and I saw chains, hand cuffs and nail marks on the garage walls. That can't be a good sign of a happy date!

Handcuffs?? You just said the magic words!!! Oh boy, I am THERE!!! I'm comin Buddy, but I'm bringin my own sweet wine, no Niagara for me..............

#232392 --- 09/14/05 10:42 AM Re: Wine
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
lmao - I was thinking the same thing...but I love Lake Niagara!!

#232393 --- 09/14/05 11:26 AM Re: Wine
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Quote:

lmao - I was thinking the same thing...but I love Lake Niagara!!

I am with you WTL I LOVE Niagara wine! My motto is...a glass of wine a day....keeps the straight-jackets away!

#232394 --- 09/14/05 11:55 AM Re: Wine
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Quote:

Quote:

Handcuffs?? You just said the magic words!!! Oh boy, I am THERE!!! I'm comin Buddy, but I'm bringin my own sweet wine, no Niagara for me..............

Although I am retired I did retain a few necessities, need I say more...

#232395 --- 09/14/05 04:08 PM Re: Wine
elmo72 Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Although I am retired I did retain a few necessities, need I say more...

Say nothing more.........handcuffs are all I need to know..............WOO HOO!!!

#232396 --- 09/14/05 05:27 PM Re: Wine
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Geesh....wine, wine, wine...dont you guys do anything else?

#232397 --- 09/14/05 05:42 PM Re: Wine
elmo72 Offline

Quote:

Geesh....wine, wine, wine...dont you guys do anything else?

Yeah...........handcuffs

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >