FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#162852 --- 04/23/05 07:56 PM Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
candicayne Offline

Finally another caught before he can hurt more!

Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested
Last Update: 4/23/2005 12:50:34 PM

32-year-old Kevin Schaus of Syracuse is under arrest, charged with first-degree kidnapping of 5-year-old Brittany Fish. Brittany was abducted one year ago this weekend. Schaus was picked up for questioning Friday morning by Onondaga County sheriff's deputies, who had learned about the abuse of a local 4-year-old. Police say Schaus confessed to the crime while being questioned in the case.

Onondaga County District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick says Schaus will be charged in as many as four abduction/abuse cases, including Brittany's. Schaus is expected to be arraigned in both Syracuse and Van Buren courts today.

Click on the video link on the homepage to view the full story.

FingerLakes1.com
#162853 --- 04/23/05 08:40 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
Quote:

Finally another caught before he can hurt more!

Very thankful for the arrest, but an aweful lot of concern from someone that spreads so much disease on here!

#162854 --- 04/23/05 08:41 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
and no chance of finding a cure either.

#162855 --- 04/23/05 09:26 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Driver8 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
What I can't understand, however, is why are the media reporting the girl's name. As the victim of a sex crime, shouldn't they have kept her name confidential?

I worry that no one is doing Brittany any favors by reporting her name so prominently in this.

#162856 --- 04/23/05 09:47 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Oompa Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
Good question Driver8!

#162857 --- 04/23/05 09:56 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Thena Offline

Loc: The places of my mind
cause when she went missing last year - they released her name - after that is when they found out about the abuse

i dont agree with them repeating her name now though - they could have just said in teh news that they cought a suspected kidnapper and child abuser

#162858 --- 04/23/05 11:06 PM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
I dont recall them ever saying Britt was sexually abused? Has he been charged with that,io didnt hear that on the news.. and in an amber alerts they always give the childrens names dont they?
I'm glad the scum is in jail.

#162859 --- 04/24/05 01:13 AM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
candicayne Offline

Quote:

What I can't understand, however, is why are the media reporting the girl's name. As the victim of a sex crime, shouldn't they have kept her name confidential?

I worry that no one is doing Brittany any favors by reporting her name so prominently in this.

This article came from the FL1 front page, a click on title!
Also the story has been on television all day. I am not a regular so I did not know how to make a link for you to follow, so I cut and pasted it!

#162860 --- 04/24/05 07:34 AM Re: Brittany Fish Suspect Arrested...
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Quote:

Quote:

This article came from the FL1 front page, a click on title!
Also the story has been on television all day. I am not a regular so I did not know how to make a link for you to follow, so I cut and pasted it!

Brittany Fish's name came out because she was considered a missing child all missing children's names come out during the Amber Alerts. it had nothing to do with her being a sexual victim. Just like with Jessica Lunsford et al.