FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#160267 --- 04/16/05 05:52 PM Firefox update problem
zipdrive Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY
I have been using Firefox for a few months now and it seems to work great. I updated to 1.0.1 when that became avaialbale, and now my homepage indicates there is a 1.0.3 update available. When I click on the icon I get a "checking for updates" screen and soon a screen appears that indicates that this 1.0.3(en-US)software update is available. I click on "install now" which brings up an "installing updates" screen which reads "downloading and installing updates" This windowe has that little rotating wheel thing which I guess means the software is running. But nothing happens..no progress in the progress bar and no hard drive activity on my machine. I am on dial-up and have let it go for up to 30 minutes with no results. Does anhybody have a thought on what is going on? Could it be the servers are just busy ALL THE TIME? I have been trying for about three weeks. Thanks for any insight you might have.

FingerLakes1.com
#160268 --- 04/16/05 06:58 PM Re: Firefox update problem
japh Offline

Loc: Out of my Mind
That's possible. Mozilla has seen a huge increase in traffic lately. Firefox alone has been downloaded 44 million times.

Also, assuming Windows here: You could download the new version, uninstall the old version, then install the new one. It's kind of a pain that they haven't fixed the "installing over older version" thing yet, but c'est la vie.

Fortunately Firefox is a reasonable download.