FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1554887 --- 10/31/20 02:36 AM Vote no on Proposition 2 -You don't need a County Finance Director
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
I think I can speak for many in Seneca County, which adopted a similar resolution in 2016, that this is a dumb idea. Our first Finance Director is under indictment for official misconduct, among other things. https://fingerlakes1.com/2020/10/21/form...t-for-december/

Please vote no and make sure the Finance Office is responsive to the public with an elected Treasurer. You will regret it if you don't.

Proposition 2: Shall the Local Law enacted by the Yates County Legislature on July 27, 2020 entitled Local Law Retaining the Elected County Treasurer and Assigning Certain Powers and Duties to an Appointed Director of Finance, which establishes the Department of Finance, effective January 1, 2022, to be headed by a Director of Finance appointed by the Yates County Legislature and retains the elected position of County Treasurer; wherein certain powers and duties of the County Treasurer would be curtailed and assigned to the Director of Finance, be approved?

Mark Twain

FingerLakes1.com
#1554966 --- 11/01/20 03:35 PM Re: Vote no on Proposition 2 -You don't need a County Finance Director [Re: all seeing eye]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
I think I can speak for many in Seneca County, which adopted a similar resolution in 2016, that this is a dumb idea. Our first Finance Director is under indictment for official misconduct, among other things. https://fingerlakes1.com/2020/10/21/form...t-for-december/

Please vote no and make sure the Finance Office is responsive to the public with an elected Treasurer. You will regret it if you don't.

Proposition 2: Shall the Local Law enacted by the Yates County Legislature on July 27, 2020 entitled Local Law Retaining the Elected County Treasurer and Assigning Certain Powers and Duties to an Appointed Director of Finance, which establishes the Department of Finance, effective January 1, 2022, to be headed by a Director of Finance appointed by the Yates County Legislature and retains the elected position of County Treasurer; wherein certain powers and duties of the County Treasurer would be curtailed and assigned to the Director of Finance, be approved?
Vote NO this is just a power grab by a person who persuaded the Chair of the legislators that it was in his best interest to create this position.

#1554992 --- 11/02/20 12:11 AM Re: Vote no on Proposition 2 -You don't need a County Finance Director [Re: all seeing eye]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Both propositions should be no votes. Obvious power grabs