FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1550219 --- 06/10/20 09:03 PM Geneva BID
roundtable Offline

Loc: new york state
I am fully aware that with the pandemic going on, retail and small towns are suffering...however,,,, this is a challenge for the Geneva BID. I saw on the window of your office that you are responsible for "streetscaping". Well...it looks like our best looking part of downtown retail is Byrne Dairy. The landscaping, building color....has the rest of downtown beat. We have so much potential in our little downtown but it seems as though Geneva has no eye for aesthetics.... Lets hope as we attempt to bounce back from this pandemic, our Bid steps up. Maybe replace the trees where there were once trees and now just empty holes in the sidewalks?, some nice lighting? Some help with a plan to better looking second floor windows ( have you noticed above the Antique Coop?...wow...).

FingerLakes1.com
#1550248 --- 06/11/20 10:04 AM Re: Geneva BID [Re: roundtable]
justacitizen Offline

Loc: NY
I am in total agreement with your statement. Byrne Dairy looks fantastic and should be a guide for the rest of downtown. Unfortunately the person they hired to run the BID is another out of towner that probably has little interest other than a paycheck. I hope they prove me wrong. I am hoping he has fantastic ideas and is allowed to make changes. Downtown really need a change!!!

#1550344 --- 06/13/20 05:07 PM Re: Geneva BID [Re: roundtable]
Tacitus Offline

Maybe it's a little difficult to consider sprucing up when income is negative?

#1550388 --- 06/14/20 10:47 AM Re: Geneva BID [Re: Tacitus]
roundtable Offline

Loc: new york state
I agree.... its a tough time right now for sure. It seemed as though the efforts to improve some things downtown were lacking before the pandemic. The new store fronts look much better and I know that their improvements came from grants?? Didn't we receive a large sum of grant money in the past couple years? My thinking is that in order to get people to come in and start a business here the downtown should have some character to it, again, some landscaping, things that would make future businesses say to themselves that they want to be a part of our city. I completely understand that right now is a very tough time...but looking forward.. Any thoughts?