FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 23 of 24 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#155302 --- 12/18/05 12:51 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
roadguy Offline

Loc: here
Ron Villone. LOLOLOLOL.....another "pitching stud". It's fun watching the Yankees taking steps backwards.

FingerLakes1.com
#155303 --- 12/18/05 04:20 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
So what if he's had 14 addresses in his 11 year career. At least he's not Ken Brett and he is a local boy! The more lefty's the better.

#155304 --- 12/18/05 07:53 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
roadguy Offline

As a Pirates fan I find it funny. He spent a year in Pittsburgh and they didn't even resign him.

Speaking of the Bucs they have the deepest roster of left handers in the majors. The Yankees could have traded for one. Wait the Yankees have no real young talent to trade. Nope they just keep signing aging players.

#155305 --- 12/20/05 09:38 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
mutantmaster Offline

Quote:

As a Pirates fan I find it funny. He spent a year in Pittsburgh and they didn't even resign him.

Speaking of the Bucs they have the deepest roster of left handers in the majors. The Yankees could have traded for one. Wait the Yankees have no real young talent to trade. Nope they just keep signing aging players.

...and you laughed when they signed Chacon and Small last year didn't you. The Yankees will be there this year, and the next ten years. The Bucs...well at least they have a deep roster of left handers.

#155306 --- 12/20/05 02:09 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

"...and you laughed when they signed Chacon and Small last year didn't you."

A 5 year-old, blindfolded, has been known to hit a pinata at a B-day party once in awhile, too!
I hear the Yanks are having Old Timer Day and Opening Day together this year!!!!!!!

#155307 --- 12/20/05 08:10 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
roadguy Offline

...and you laughed when they signed Chacon and Small last year didn't you. The Yankees will be there this year, and the next ten years. The Bucs...well at least they have a deep roster of left handers.

The Yankees $200 million plus payroll. Got them where?? Oh yea.....going home early to watch another American League team win the series.

I don't walk around saying my Bucs are going to win it all every year like Yankme fans do.

I will say the Yankee's will NOT win the WS in 2006. My money is on the White Sox again.

BTW......go Bucs.....at least I'm not a bandwagon fan.

#155308 --- 12/20/05 08:15 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
Eddie Offline

wedggie, do I sense vitriol? I used a similar analogy when your DEAD Sox won the World Series. Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while...LIKE EVERY 86 YEARS!

Hows the Damon thing going? Me thinks he's using the Yankees as a shill to get the same 5 year deal from Theo Epst..ah, er, those 2 new young "experts" your team hired, trying to get the same 5 year deal that the Yankees offered him. My Boston based brother wants him gone. Not sure I want him on the Yankees although I do like his style and talent (even if he has no arm). I like watching him play for your team but maybe he too is tired of the circus up there with Larry LuckyNO. Talk about an ego! Larry, that is.

Anyhow wedggie, how's your Damon thing going? Where's Manny going to be Manny next year? How's that one ankled freak Curty-boy doing? Nice Seanez signing. Real keeper!

You guys are going nowhere next year with that team. See you in 4th place.

p.s. roadie you posted while I was typing. I wish the Pirates had money to spend to be able to contend. One of the best heritage franchises in baseball history. The team my favorite player EVER played for.

#155309 --- 12/21/05 01:02 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

No vitriol here. With the lineup collected and money spent these past five to six years, that elusive Holy Grail still eludes the Spanks. I believe this year will be no different. Pitching, Ed, Pitching...another bat won't cure the cancer of spotty, tired pitching!!!!!!

Damon is all yours now, Ed! The pressure now is truely all yours. Youse guys have to WIN IT ALL for the next five years!.....absolutely NO EXCUSES when ya don't!

I'm lovin' it! Rooting against the Yanks is just as satisfying as following my SOX...win or lose
P.S. Ya'all didn't get any younger

#155310 --- 12/21/05 09:10 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
mutantmaster Offline

Quote:

The Yankees $200 million plus payroll. Got them where?? Oh yea.....going home early to watch another American League team win the series.

I don't walk around saying my Bucs are going to win it all every year like Yankme fans do.

I will say the Yankee's will NOT win the WS in 2006. My money is on the White Sox again.

BTW......go Bucs.....at least I'm not a bandwagon fan.

I would take going home the first or second week of October over the first or second of May anyday. It's a long time between May and the football season. I'm glad you don't go around saying the Bucs are going to win it all every year because if you do, someone is going to lock you up in the crackerjack house. ...and for the record I'm not a bandwagon fan. I live in New York and support all the New York teams and have been since before you peed that Pittburgh gold in the bath tub. So hit the road roadguy. Move on down to Pittsburgh!

#155311 --- 12/21/05 09:28 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
mutantmaster Offline

Quote:

"...and you laughed when they signed Chacon and Small last year didn't you."

A 5 year-old, blindfolded, has been known to hit a pinata at a B-day party once in awhile, too!
I hear the Yanks are having Old Timer Day and Opening Day together this year!!!!!!!

And Wedge...at least they have had the players to be able to assemble an Old Timer's team. The last legitimate old timer for the Red Sux is now a popsicle in a freezer somewhere! Maybe if the Rocket retires this year they could pay him to do an Old Timer first pitch gig.

#155312 --- 12/21/05 11:24 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls

Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it
New York, New York

#155313 --- 12/21/05 12:24 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

I would take going home the first or second week of October over the first or second of May anyday. It's a long time between May and the football season.

Do what comes naturally, muttmouth! (your wish keeps coming true)
Tell me something...How many more "beauties" will it take working in George's whorehouse in the Bronx before you Yankme fans get your "happy ending"????

#155314 --- 12/21/05 12:29 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

Quote:

Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while...

Better to find one than to pay too much for one...and CHOKE on it!

#155315 --- 12/21/05 05:57 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
Eddie Offline

Quote:

Tell me something...How many more "beauties" will it take working in George's whorehouse in the Bronx before you Yankme fans get your "happy ending"????

But if the Red Sox were smart enough to sign him that would have been money well spent? He apparently DID tire of Larry Lucchino and got out while the getting was good. Wedggie you can say what you want but people still have that desire to come play in NY. Your team is in real dire straits as far as I can see especially with pitching. My brother up in Beantown says that all the girls who own pink Johnny Damon shirts are FURIOUS. All those endorsements down the drain.

Wonder what he'll look like clean shaven. No more Mountain Man. Going to miss that. Hope he's not like Samson.

But, like I said before. SEE YOU IN 4TH PLACE!!!

#155316 --- 12/21/05 08:06 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
roadguy Offline

Quote:

I would take going home the first or second week of October over the first or second of May anyday. It's a long time between May and the football season. I'm glad you don't go around saying the Bucs are going to win it all every year because if you do, someone is going to lock you up in the crackerjack house. ...and for the record I'm not a bandwagon fan. I live in New York and support all the New York teams and have been since before you peed that Pittburgh gold in the bath tub. So hit the road roadguy. Move on down to Pittsburgh!

Sorry I didn't mean you specifically with the bandwagon fan remark. I meant the upstater's that only get behind the Yankees in late September if they are making a run. I can't count how many of these "fans" had given up on them in mid season when they were way back in the standings. The annoy me as much as the Braves fans that jumped on the bandwagon in the early 90's. Where were they in the 70's and 80's?

Yep... I've been peeing gold since Roberto covered
right field.

Eddie you mentioned payroll. The Bucs actually have started to spend some this year.....I know....I'm shocked too.

I love the underdog

#155317 --- 12/22/05 09:56 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Wedg..............You gotta let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Red Sucks dont wanna pony up the dollars to keep anyone.......it's gotta hurt like Hell when the Evil Empire keeps taking the faces of the Red Sucks.....................I'll bet you dont see another title in your lifetime................LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#155318 --- 12/22/05 11:01 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
Eddie Offline

Face it, the Red Sox blew this one. They treated Damon the way the Yankees treated Andy Pettitte when he was a free agent and it cost them. The Red Sox probably figured they had him in the bag just like Varitek last year. They underestimated things. No hometown discount for Damon. HE'S NOT FROM BOSTON, you idiots (BRS executives), why should he take less than market value for his services.

No, the Red Sox only have themselves to blame for this one. Don't blame it on the Yankees although it was pretty shrewd how they played Scott Boras like a violin.

#155319 --- 12/22/05 12:16 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

Yep, them SOX fumbled the ball!

Market value??? That's something you'll have to show "on the field" now! As you guys have learned....you still can't BUY the ring!!

NO EXCUSES !!!! EVER!!!!

#155320 --- 12/22/05 03:08 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Hey Wedg...

Can't wait for the start of the 06 season..............It's been a riot going back and forth with you this year............and you know that 06 is going to be just as fun...........Happy Holidays to you and yours and remember.........THEY ARE THE RED SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO YANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

#155321 --- 12/23/05 06:31 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES 2005
wedggie Offline

Merry Christmas to you, as well SF! ...and the same to all my other buddies here in cyber land!

REMEMBER......NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!

Page 23 of 24 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 >