FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 193 of 200 < 1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 199 200 >
Topic Options
#1546782 --- 04/23/20 07:36 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Ben444
Stiglitz, a long-time critic of the president, said that 14 percent of Americans relied on food stamps and that due to the country's mediocre social infrastructure, the unemployment rate, which has already ballooned during the pandemic, could hit 30 percent.

The highest rate of U.S. unemployment was 24.9% in 1933, during the Great Depression. Unemployment remained above 14% from 1931 to 1940. It remained in the single digits until September 1982 when it reached 10.1%. During the Great Recession, unemployment reached 10% in October 2009.

FingerLakes1.com
#1546785 --- 04/23/20 10:47 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: cwjga
Cuomo said today that getting the disease is a death sentence. Of course, the disease is 99% survivable. We should not be shocked that he would use scare tactics to get you to comply with his overreach.
You lie just like Trump

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronaviru...ory?id=70281108

Coronavirus updates: Pandemic won't be over 'anytime soon,' Cuomo says

"More people will die if we are not smart," the governor said.

Obviously you did not watch briefing yesterday.

"the illness is death" Cuomo

On another point, he completely contradicted his Health commissioner. When asked how the State is helping nursing homes deal with new State regulations Zucker said that the state was doing everything it could and gave several examples. Later when the question came up again Cuomo said nursing homes are run by private business and it is not the job of the state to help them meet regulations.

Cuomo has really screwed thing up.

#1546786 --- 04/23/20 10:52 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Coronavirus updates: Pandemic won't be over 'anytime soon,' Cuomo says

"More people will die if we are not smart," the governor said.[/size]

Have to admit Cuomo might be a mess but he is great at stating the obvious.

Did you watch the part of the briefing where he said the state has spent $2.8 billion on the Wuhan Virus? But he also says the state has a $15 billion budget shortfall. frown

#1546787 --- 04/23/20 11:17 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/50000-d...id-19-inaction/

50,000 dead!’ MSNBC’s Morning Joe unleashes table-pounding tirade against Trump’s COVID-19 inaction

#1546788 --- 04/23/20 11:19 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/you-hat...ook-his-advice/

‘You hate to see it’: Internet laughs as Trump kneecaps GOP governor who took his advice

#1546789 --- 04/23/20 11:21 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/trumps-...c-psychiatrist/

Trump’s lockdown protesters resemble ‘child soldiers’ and ‘urban gangs’: forensic psychiatrist

A Yale psychiatrist has warned that pro-Trump lockdown protesters, who exhibit similar psychology as “child soldiers,” could quickly turn into “armed troops in the streets” if the president loses his re-election bid.

#1546790 --- 04/23/20 11:34 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

I am glad you are watching the informative briefings of our governor with the 87% approval rating even if you are cherry picking what he is saying as opposed to the propaganda briefings by our impeached president.

#1546791 --- 04/23/20 11:45 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

I am glad you are watching the informative briefings of our governor with the 87% approval rating even if you are cherry picking what he is saying as opposed to the propaganda briefings by our impeached president.

I watch Cuomo because they are carried on TV, basically, I have no choice. Unfortunately, the President's are not so I can not see them. It would be nice to get the truth rather than propaganda.

I could turn Cuomo off but then I would be only getting the propaganda there also. By watching I can see how badly Cuomo is floundering.

Yesterday he said he could not open business until he opened schools, because people can't go back to work with kids at home. Then he proceeded to tell people that are in fiscal ruin to get a job as an essential worker. How, if schools aren't open?

#1546792 --- 04/23/20 11:50 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

I watch Cuomo because they are carried on TV, basically, I have no choice. Unfortunately, the President's are not so I can not see them.
What? The presidents propaganda briefings are on my TV! LOL

#1546793 --- 04/23/20 11:51 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

By watching I can see how badly Cuomo is floundering.
floundering with an 87% approval rating? Trump is so jealous.

#1546794 --- 04/23/20 11:52 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Now to reality. The fact is that everyone is trying their best at a time when everyone is learning what is best.

This pandemic is no fault of anyone here in the US. Everyone needs to work to together to get through this.

With that, I am done with this forum because as much as I would like to believe that everyone could get behind everyone working hard to get to an end of this pandemic, including Governor Cuomo and President Trump, I know all too well that there are at least two posters that will continue to politize it to the detriment of everyone.

#1546795 --- 04/23/20 11:55 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/i-feel-...id-19-response/

‘I feel a desperate sadness’: Europeans horrified by Trump’s ‘exceptionally bad’ COVID-19 response

President Donald Trump’s erratic response to the COVID-19 pandemic has unnerved the United States’ European allies, as they are no longer looking to America for leadership amid a global crisis.

#1546796 --- 04/23/20 11:56 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

With that, I am done with this forum

Bye. wink

#1546797 --- 04/23/20 11:59 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

This pandemic is no fault of anyone here in the US.
Did you miss Trump's Feb 28 rally where he said cornoavirus was no worse than the common flu and was a democratic hoax? And he did nothing to stop it for several months

#1546827 --- 04/23/20 03:21 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/its-hor...virus-supplies/

It’s horrible’: Businesses and lawmakers left confused and suspicious as the Trump administration seizes coronavirus supplies

There’s growing suspicion that the Trump administration may be seizing emergency medical supplies and rerouting them for resale to states.

#1546848 --- 04/23/20 09:15 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Now to reality. The fact is that everyone is trying their best at a time when everyone is learning what is best.

This pandemic is no fault of anyone here in the US. Everyone needs to work to together to get through this.

With that, I am done with this forum because as much as I would like to believe that everyone could get behind everyone working hard to get to an end of this pandemic, including Governor Cuomo and President Trump, I know all too well that there are at least two posters that will continue to politize it to the detriment of everyone.

ROTFLMAO

For an entire 8 years, every thing was Obama's fault, since that time, you Conservatives have taken credit for anything you thought that you could get away with. Now , as you've stated son, Trump did not create the virus but who in Hades laugh about it for 3 months before finally taking action. Only a fool can't understand the narrative of not taking a love one to the emergency room after they pleaded & complained of a shortness of breath for 90 days and you finally take them after they fainted...Now tell us son, if this love one dies, what portion or responsibility do you share in their demise? Amazing the hypocrisy of Trump and his minions

#1546874 --- 04/24/20 09:27 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/trump-d...ow-in-his-mind/

Trump doesn’t know how to be president — so he’s drafted us all into the reality TV show in his mind

#1546876 --- 04/24/20 11:36 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/please-...treat-covid-19/

‘Please don’t’: Experts and doctors forced to speak out after Trump ponders whether injecting disinfectants could treat Covid-19

Trump’s response to Bryan’s presentation horrified medical professionals, who rushed to social media and the press to warn against ingesting disinfectants or experimenting with extreme light treatments.

“ALERT! Please do not ingest, inject, inhale, or otherwise use any disinfectant outside of its labeled instructions,” tweeted Dr. Rob Davidson, an emergency physician and executive director of the Committee to Protect Medicare. “And do not start using tanning beds or sunning without sunscreen.”

“If today didn’t convince networks to stop broadcasting the pressers,” Davidson added, “nothing will.”

#1546934 --- 04/25/20 10:10 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/calling...id-19-pandemic/

Calling US Postal Service ‘a joke,’ Trump demands four-fold price hike for customers amid Covid-19 pandemic

“It is disgusting that Trump would exploit this pandemic to bust postal unions and privatize the most popular government agency in America. If we can bail out large corporations, we can damn well save the Postal Service and protect these essential jobs.”
—Sen. Bernie Sanders

#1546935 --- 04/25/20 11:57 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/trump-i...tive-columnist/

Trump is abandoning his COVID-19 press conferences because he is ‘finally getting scared’: conservative columnist

In a column for the Daily Beast, longtime conservative Matt Lewis claimed that Donald Trump’s plan to abandon the daily press conferences where ostensibly he was to update the public on new information on the COVID-19 pandemic, is a sign that he knows they have been a failure for him as he scrambles to stop his slide in the polls.

As Lewis notes, for once Trump is getting something right.

Following Thursday press conference where the president suggested using disinfectants internally to cure coronavirus victims, Friday’s appearance was brief with the president taking no questions and fleeing the press after Vice President Mike Pence spoke.

“In a press briefing that ended quicker than a lot of Mike Tyson fights, it was Donald Trump who ended up on the mat Friday night,” Lewis wrote. “Right after he shuffled off the stage Friday night without taking a single question, the news broke that he was no longer going to be entertaining America on a nightly basis.”

Calling it “a fitting end to one of the most bizarre weeks in the most bizarre periods in American history,” Lewis went on to write, “Friday’s abrupt departure, coupled with those reports that we may have seen our last daily coronavirus briefing, constitutes a rare, if tacit, admission of failure. Coronavirus is a serious problem, and Trump simply can’t talk his way out of this one.”

“It has been said that Trump’s superpower is that he has no shame. He doesn’t get embarrassed, primarily because he isn’t self-aware enough to realize he should,” Lewis continued. “Trump normally prevaricates with abandon, attempting to gaslight us into believing we’re the ones with the problem. But on this occasion, he seemed self-aware. Finally, Trump seemed to realize that he was naked.”

“It takes a lot for a man this delusional to come to terms with reality. And while I’m not delusional enough to think he is maturing, or that avoiding the media will last (he craves attention too much for that), Trump might finally be getting scared,” he added. “Look at the polls. He could very well lose his re-election to Joe Biden. I think he finally realizes that.”

“For a man who never apologizes or admits the smallest defeat, walking out without taking a single question—the first time he’s ever done that in a coronavirus briefing—suggests he just couldn’t handle another interrogation,” he concluded.

Page 193 of 200 < 1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 199 200 >