FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1546113 --- 04/14/20 07:42 PM How Can Local Politicians Vote for the People?
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
How can local politicians vote for the people, of Seneca Falls IF they don't talk to the local people they represent? The only time I see our ward representative or town representative is if we call even then they might not come to our street! We have lived in SF over 40yrs, 4 out of 5 ward reps were never seen on our street! Maybe we will see & talk to Dawn before her term is up..if not nothing has changed.

PS I don't thing our ward is any different then any other ward on how they are representative.

FingerLakes1.com
#1546802 --- 04/23/20 07:50 AM Re: How Can Local Politicians Vote for the People? [Re: Lee Alias]
FLObservor Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
While the Village of Seneca Falls had wards, the town of Seneca Falls does not. All of the town board members represent the entire town.
If you have something you would like to communicate, why not take the initiative and make the contact yourself?

Edited by FLObservor (04/23/20 07:50 AM)

#1546849 --- 04/23/20 04:26 PM Re: How Can Local Politicians Vote for the People? [Re: Lee Alias]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
FL Observer - believe me I have tried with past administrations, it was a waste of time. For example the Zoning Officer picks & chooses what he wants to enforce, even when the proper process is followed! And most of the town members are not much better, two of which were with the last administration.Hoping our new Town Supervisor "cleans" house & make the board accountable. Based on the last public board meeting Mike is asking the right questions, for sure.

Edited by Lee Alias (04/23/20 04:29 PM)