FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 588 of 696 < 1 2 ... 586 587 588 589 590 ... 695 696 >
Topic Options
#1544924 --- 03/28/20 01:10 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening

FingerLakes1.com
#1544928 --- 03/28/20 02:13 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544929 --- 03/28/20 02:15 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544930 --- 03/28/20 02:18 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544933 --- 03/28/20 06:18 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Online   content
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Ben444
Originally Posted By: bluezone
Dow up 6.38%...
Dow down 4.06% today.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/we-have...stop-worldwide/

We have entered a recession’: IMF chief offers warns of economic ‘sudden stop’ worldwide

#1544955 --- 03/28/20 01:12 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Online   content
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca County
https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/03/27/...zIC07W4oF2S7ssE

Cuomo considers banning cigarette sales for six weeks amid Coronavirus outbreak

Governor Andrew Cuomo is considering a temporary six-week ban on the sale of combustible cigarettes in order to reduce the State’s Coronavirus death count, a source familiar with his thinking tells The Chronicle. The ban could come as soon as Monday and is expected to be included in a budget measure already scheduled to be announced.

New data out of Italy suggest that the nation’s whopping Coronavirus death rate — now approaching 10% of those who test positive — is highly correlated to cigarette use. Italian men smoke cigarettes at rates that far outpace most other developed countries, and the extreme shortage of ventilators there has been the cause of death for tens of thousands of smokers.

According to Italy’s National Health Institute, smokers with COVID-19 were one-third more likely to have a serious clinical situation than non-smokers. Half of these smokers required a ventilator.

For many weeks, it was observed that women in Italy are better able to overcome the virus than men. Italian doctors now believe that the statistical difference is attributable to smoking-related gender norms.

COVID-19 kills its victims by compromising the respiratory system and reducing oxygen levels in the blood. Regular cigarette use damages the airways and small air sacs in the lungs. Combustible cigarettes weaken smokers’ lungs by filling them with smoke and tar.

“When a smoker contracts COVID-19, he or she will be far more likely to suffer respiratory system failure, thereby exacerbating New York’s ventilator shortage,” Cuomo plans to say in remarks prepared for Monday. “Fortunately, medical science informs us that ex-smokers experience significant recovery in lung function and oxygen absorption as soon as they quit smoking.”

Former smokers recover 30% of their lung function just two weeks after quitting.

#1544956 --- 03/28/20 01:21 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Sounds familiar, Obama had set in place a disease control response team based on the Ebola epidemic during his era, what did numb brain do? yep!!! disband it in 2018, who's primary job was to deal with...HMMM "ain't that ironic" disease epidemics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/hitler_commander_01.shtml

#1544957 --- 03/28/20 01:25 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://fortune.com/2020/02/26/coronavirus-covid-19-cdc-budget-cuts-us-trump/

"I didn't see this coming because China lied to us"
Donald J. Trump

#1544958 --- 03/28/20 01:29 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Ben444
https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/03/27/...zIC07W4oF2S7ssE

Cuomo considers banning cigarette sales for six weeks amid Coronavirus outbreak

Governor Andrew Cuomo is considering a temporary six-week ban on the sale of combustible cigarettes in order to reduce the State’s Coronavirus death count, a source familiar with his thinking tells The Chronicle. The ban could come as soon as Monday and is expected to be included in a budget measure already scheduled to be announced.

New data out of Italy suggest that the nation’s whopping Coronavirus death rate — now approaching 10% of those who test positive — is highly correlated to cigarette use. Italian men smoke cigarettes at rates that far outpace most other developed countries, and the extreme shortage of ventilators there has been the cause of death for tens of thousands of smokers.

According to Italy’s National Health Institute, smokers with COVID-19 were one-third more likely to have a serious clinical situation than non-smokers. Half of these smokers required a ventilator.

For many weeks, it was observed that women in Italy are better able to overcome the virus than men. Italian doctors now believe that the statistical difference is attributable to smoking-related gender norms.

COVID-19 kills its victims by compromising the respiratory system and reducing oxygen levels in the blood. Regular cigarette use damages the airways and small air sacs in the lungs. Combustible cigarettes weaken smokers’ lungs by filling them with smoke and tar.

“When a smoker contracts COVID-19, he or she will be far more likely to suffer respiratory system failure, thereby exacerbating New York’s ventilator shortage,” Cuomo plans to say in remarks prepared for Monday. “Fortunately, medical science informs us that ex-smokers experience significant recovery in lung function and oxygen absorption as soon as they quit smoking.”

Former smokers recover 30% of their lung function just two weeks after quitting.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Must make you feel at home to have the government tell you what to do... laugh laugh laugh laugh

#1544959 --- 03/28/20 01:30 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544960 --- 03/28/20 01:39 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Speaking of animals

I'm reminded of a story our family neighbor told us years ago.
It seems that a farmer was so greedy for profit unlike his Dad who gave him the farm, decided to cut back on feed for the animals to save money, after a few months, he thought to himself, "man this is working out quite well" After several successive changes to the livestock's diets, he one morning went out only to find all the animals dead, the veterinarian, once contacted by the farmer realized the cause, threatened to call the authorities which he did, in today's case with Donald Trump, everyone with the exception of the Democrats are too spineless and feeble minded to do anything but talk behind his back due to their inability to stand up to this dictator who is systematically killing off the population.

#1544961 --- 03/28/20 01:45 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

A lesson in politics son, we elect officials from the US president down to REPRESENT the people of the United States. Now when you get a chance, show us in the US Constitution where it is written that our local, state and Federal representation must do the bidding of the president who theoretically was elected to do the same, not dictate.
I love the depiction of our brave contingency with the courage to not be bullied.

#1544962 --- 03/28/20 01:49 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544963 --- 03/28/20 01:50 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544964 --- 03/28/20 01:51 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

#1544965 --- 03/28/20 02:03 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!!! When a poor uneducated and home bound individual receives bad news, it gives them a change of venue in a lowly mundane life they currently live in. Home bound seven days a week, 24 hours a day, month in month out, this have to be exciting times for you. laugh

#1544966 --- 03/28/20 02:08 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Here is a thought TD, take your stimulus money (That's if you qualify) and buy a funeral home, this way you can make a huge profit while having fun at the same time.

#1544967 --- 03/28/20 02:25 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://psychcentral.com/blog/pleasure-from-someone-elses-pain/

Personally my joy come from
Watching glowing parents witnessing their child being born
Watching a son/daughter walk across a universality graduation stage
Some one calling you and excitingly telling you that they got the job position
People speaking of long awaited vacations to exotic islands
Finally reaching that age of retirement
Watching your Grand kids play the leading role in a school play

What gives you joy beside coming here in attempt to over talk those who show compassion and concern for those suffering?

#1544968 --- 03/28/20 03:02 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
I love it!!!!!!!!!!! When a poor uneducated and home bound individual receives bad news, it gives them a change of venue in a lowly mundane life they currently live in. Home bound seven days a week, 24 hours a day, month in month out, this have to be exciting times for you. laugh

Here is a thought TD, take your stimulus money (That's if you qualify) and buy a funeral home, this way you can make a huge profit while having fun at the same time.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/pleasure-from-someone-elses-pain/

Personally my joy come from
Watching glowing parents witnessing their child being born
Watching a son/daughter walk across a universality graduation stage
Some one calling you and excitingly telling you that they got the job position
People speaking of long awaited vacations to exotic islands
Finally reaching that age of retirement
Watching your Grand kids play the leading role in a school play

What gives you joy beside coming here in attempt to over talk those who show compassion and concern for those suffering?

You're a real good Christian!

#1544969 --- 03/28/20 03:06 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

[/img]

Page 588 of 696 < 1 2 ... 586 587 588 589 590 ... 695 696 >