FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#1544622 --- 03/24/20 04:20 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca County
Rick Wilson:

Get that line in your head, "We can't have the cure be worse than the problem." You'll hear it on Fox, and Rush, and Newsmax, and OANN and everywhere else.

FingerLakes1.com
#1544630 --- 03/24/20 06:28 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
I get Trump's message from an economic stand point but the ignorance on his part doesn't factor in common sense, logic and most of of compassion. I have sister who worked for Blue Cross Blue shield for 40 years before retiring. Back 25 years ago, I recall her and her coworkers at odds with the company's corporate heads who devised a policy of attaching any a particular aliment or operation to a timeline (say, a appendectomy constituted a 4 day stay, corporate reduced it to a 2 day stay) this in turn was designed to save the company a great deal of money. My Sister and her associates realize another aspect of this policy that corporate refused to acknowledge. When any given patient was released from the hospital in defiance of doctors' advise but force to follow guidelines of getting paid, the patient was released prematurely only to have a relapse, now we're speaking of a 5 day stay in order to get them back on their feet, her premise, in the corporate's quest to save money, they are now actually spending more. mark our words Ben, this pandemic will be epic once ignorant individuals again commingle with the infected.

#1544771 --- 03/25/20 12:39 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Rachel Maddow: "It's starting to feel like America has this one president in Washington, but a whole different president for the coronavirus crisis [who is] the guy in charge in New York."

Rachel Maddow observes that the United States seems to have two presidents, one in Washington, D.C., delivering misinformation and behaving irresponsibly, and one in New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo, taking the coronavirus response seriously.

#1544777 --- 03/25/20 03:19 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening

#1544778 --- 03/25/20 03:47 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Ben444
Rachel Maddow: "It's starting to feel like America has this one president in Washington, but a whole different president for the coronavirus crisis [who is] the guy in charge in New York."

Rachel Maddow observes that the United States seems to have two presidents, one in Washington, D.C., delivering misinformation and behaving irresponsibly, and one in New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo, taking the coronavirus response seriously.

I was thinking the same thing. Coumo givess an informative update every day offering not his own opinion but that of the experts. Never does he attempt to hoodwink the people of NY adverse to the pied piper to the cranial dead followers, some who have lost their lives taking his advice and not the experts.

#1544783 --- 03/25/20 06:24 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening

#1544784 --- 03/25/20 06:46 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: ThomasDecker]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Three days ago, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, Donald Trump was visited by the ghost of George Washington.
"George," Trump asked, "how can I fix this? How do I make America great again?"
"Never tell a lie."
"I don't lie. Go away."
Two days ago, he was visited by the ghost of Thomas Jefferson.
"Hey, Tom, how do I fix this? How can I make America great again?"
"Listen to the people."
"I know what I'm doing. I listen to the best people. The best ones."
Last night, while down at Mar-a-Lago, he was visited by the ghost of Abraham Lincoln.
"Hey, Abe, how do I fix this? How can I make America great again?"
"Go see a play."

#1544857 --- 03/27/20 07:13 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/disgust...andemic-relief/

Disgusted presidential historian hammers Trump for making governors grovel for pandemic relief

Presidential historian Jon Meacham bashed President Donald Trump for doling out badly needed help to governors who flattered him, saying he was behaving like the king the American Revolution fought to overthrow.

#1544860 --- 03/27/20 08:36 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Many times, we fail to understand the struggles of others until we face similar situation ourselves. I wonder how many ardent Trump supporters have received huge wake up calls with the loss of family and love ones as this idiot displays attributes of a uncaring dictator? He stated 4 years ago that he could go to Wall street and shoot someone and still receive the support, well, we Democrats are realizing a fact, he sure don't or won't return them the favor.

#1544949 --- 03/28/20 07:01 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/health-...-chases-report/

Health officials rebelling against Trump for pulling them off COVID-19 research to go on ‘wild goose chases’: report

According to a report from Politico, Donald Trump is angering officials in Health and Human Services department for pulling them off important research aimed at developing a vaccine for COVID-19 to study anti-malaria drugs he believes may end the pandemic.

With one official calling Trump’s demands a “wild goose chase,” officials are running to the press to complain that they are being yanked out of meetings to do the president’s bidding.

“President Donald Trump’s all-out push to advance unproven coronavirus treatments is deepening a divide between the White House and career health officials, who are being pulled away from other potential projects to address the president’s hunch that decades-old malaria medicines can be coronavirus cures,” the report states. “The White House directed health officials to set up a project to track if the antimalarial drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine show promise — a dayslong effort that distracted from urgent tasks like trials of other medicines thought to have more potential against the virus.”

#1544950 --- 03/28/20 07:29 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Negligent homicide on a national scale.

Hey, when we get that stimulus check, it can help with the funeral expenses.

#1544951 --- 03/28/20 08:00 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Negligent homicide on a national scale.

Hey, when we get that stimulus check, it can help with the funeral expenses.
Huh, good one.

#1544952 --- 03/28/20 08:01 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/swing-s...-easter-report/

Swing state voters unhappy with Trump’s plan to relax COVID-19 health safety rules by Easter: report

#1544953 --- 03/28/20 08:09 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

I have a question for you, if I am construed as a bleeding Liberal, why is it so refreshing to do as my mind and conscience dictate? Adversely so, A staunch Conservative is forced to do the bidding of Trump or he/she will be fired, denigrated or embarrassed. Something I've noticed among Republicans who are mimicking the attributes of Germany era Hitlerism. Do you recall the mistreatment of John McCain and Mick Romney when they were led by their consciences and belief rather than marching orders?

#1544954 --- 03/28/20 08:11 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Do you recall the mistreatment of John McCain and Mick Romney when they were led by their consciences and belief rather than marching orders?
No I don't

#1545015 --- 03/29/20 04:31 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/washing...st-coronavirus/

Washington state nurses share shocking stories from their war against coronavirus

#1545016 --- 03/29/20 06:52 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Ben444
Do you recall the mistreatment of John McCain and Mick Romney when they were led by their consciences and belief rather than marching orders?
No I don't

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/17/us/politics/trump-mccain-twitter.html

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-criticized-mitt-romney-cpac-1489871

#1545017 --- 03/29/20 08:06 AM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Poor fella is so bored that he's looking for attention, you do realize that we all have our "certain element of "morally & socially unacceptable" to contend with, you know, that portion of society who represents the lower classes of races, gender and social standing. Every time I hear or read about a intercity thug, gang banging etc. I'm somewhat embarrassed, not because I deem myself better but these individuals tend to place negative connotations on the entire minority society. Now in your case, you are a minuscule portion of the White race who gives images of poor trash, toothless and uneducated. I've been in this world long enough to not believe all the myths that Whites are superior while Blacks tend to take "second fiddle" but we all can achieve and thrive if we make up our minds to do so. I would love to give one the benefit of the doubt but when you at every chance defy those doubt multiple times any given day, one comes to the conclusion that many actually enjoy a life of ignorance.....which makes it easier for them to lay blame on others to explain their failures. Finally, we get to understand why many Trump supporters condone his actions and missteps, it gives them personal purpose in life to feel better about their own images.

#1545036 --- 03/29/20 02:01 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.startribune.com/fauci-says-coronavirus-deaths-in-us-could-top-100-000/569201172/

Specter of 100K-plus virus deaths as Trump seeks reopening

Dr. Anthony Fauci, speaking on CNN's “State of the Union” on Sunday, offered his prognosis as the federal government weighs rolling back guidelines on social distancing in areas that have not been as hard-hit by the outbreak at the conclusion of the nationwide 15-day effort to slow the spread of the virus.

“I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 cases,” he said, correcting himself to say he meant deaths. “We're going to have millions of cases.” But he added “I don't want to be held to that” because the pandemic is “such a moving target.”

#1545073 --- 03/29/20 05:40 PM Re: Coronavirus Treatment Or The End of the World [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-s...ovid-19-report/

Trump sent 17.8 tons of protective equipment to China in February after US had first case of COVID-19: report

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >