FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#1538884 --- 01/18/20 04:52 PM Re: Save the Date: Sheppard scheduled for arraignment Nov. 20 [Re: scwoodchuck]
Michael Jones Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Originally Posted By: Michael Jones
but didn't that " hundreds of thousands " include money that the county needed to spend anyway ? Come on
, most employers have programs for employees with personal problems, like work from home and family leave. THIS LOOKS LIKE A WITCH HUNT

Do you not realize how ridiculous and laughable you are?
do you really take this forum seriously ? shows how smart you are ! grin

So this is an admission on your part that you yourself know that you are full sh*t.

FingerLakes1.com
#1539013 --- 01/20/20 06:21 AM Re: Save the Date: Sheppard scheduled for arraignment Nov. 20 [Re: Michael Jones]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
but didn't that " hundreds of thousands " include money that the county needed to spend anyway ? Come on
, most employers have programs for employees with personal problems, like work from home and family leave. THIS LOOKS LIKE A WITCH HUNT

Do you not realize how ridiculous and laughable you are?
do you really take this forum seriously ? shows how smart you are ! grin

So this is an admission on your part that you yourself know that you are full sh*t.
of course but I still make more sense than anybody else on here.

#1539410 --- 01/23/20 11:31 AM Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19
By DAVID L. SHAW dshaw@fltimes.com 1 hr ago

WATERLOO — For the second time, arguments on pretrial motions in the charges against former Seneca County finance director Brandi Deeds have been adjourned.

Deeds attorney, James Doyle of Rochester, and Seneca County District Attorney Mark Sinkiewicz met in chambers with Judge Daniel Doyle prior to the start of Wednesday’s Seneca County Court session.

Sinkiewicz said James Doyle has not yet filed pretrial motions in the case, saying he is still going through a large volume of pretrial discovery material in the case.

Judge Doyle agreed to adjourn the matter until 10 a.m. Feb. 19, assuming pretrial motions are filed.

Deeds, 43, is charged with seven counts of first-degree falsifying business records, a count of defrauding the government and a count of fourth-degree grand larceny, all Class E felonies. She also is charged with a Class A misdemeanor count of official misconduct.

She is accused of engaging in a scheme with the intent of defrauding the county by false or fraudulent pretenses. She is accused of falsifying her work time sheets indicating she was at work when she wasn’t, resulting in her being paid $2,169.54 for time not worked in the finance department from Dec. 29, 2017 to May 4, 2018.

Deeds was in court with former Seneca County Manager John Sheppard, who is facing a Class A misdemeanor charge of officials misconduct. Doyle also is representing Sheppard who has been granted an adjournment on pretrial motion arguments from Jan. 15 to March 18 in Waterloo Village Court before Justice Conrad Struzik.

Sheppard is charged in connection with actions taken against county Emergency Management Director Melissa Taylor.

Both were charged Oct. 15, 2019 by a Seneca County Grand Jury. The charges stem from a special investigation ordered by the Seneca County Board of Supervisors into Deeds and Sheppard on possible malfeasance. The board authorized the Sheriff’s Department investigation into Deeds and Sheppard Oct. 23, 2018. It was completed in January 2019, after which the case was presented to a grand jury.

Both resigned in August 2018 and both have entered not-guilty pleas and remain free on their own recognizance.

Mark Twain

#1539520 --- 01/23/20 10:58 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

Rumor is that out of state cheerleading competitions (and preparatory practices) are keeping Ms Deeds (now going by Brandi Golembeski) and, perhaps, Mr. Sheppard, from preparing for their defenses.

Wonder how the lawyer spun that?

Mark Twain

#1539568 --- 01/24/20 09:26 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: scwoodchuck]
all seeing eye Offline

Guess the Sheriff, the DA and Grand Jury all decided that was BS.

Edited by all seeing eye (01/24/20 09:46 AM)

Mark Twain

#1539784 --- 01/26/20 11:32 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
scwoodchuck Offline

IT AIN'T OVER !

Did you happen to notice that my last post got deleted ?

Edited by scwoodchuck (01/26/20 11:33 AM)

#1539797 --- 01/26/20 01:08 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: scwoodchuck]
John Q Public Offline

Loc: NY
We noticed. Wasn't first time probably won't be the last.

#1539841 --- 01/26/20 06:28 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
Michael Jones Offline

Innocent until proven guilty Chuck. Stay cool.

#1539908 --- 01/27/20 12:11 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: Michael Jones]
scwoodchuck Offline

Think back about the government officials and employees that got charged with some sort of crime. Verick court clerk, bookkeeper with South Seneca Ambulance, and a dozen others, who actually got prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ? NONE !

#1539919 --- 01/27/20 12:39 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
Pravda1984 Offline

Loc: Fingerlakes
Wrong - the 3 identified were all prosecuted. Appropriate sentences, including restitution, were ordered.

#1539979 --- 01/27/20 07:41 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: Pravda1984]
Michael Jones Offline

Originally Posted By: Pravda1984
Wrong - the 3 identified were all prosecuted. Appropriate sentences, including restitution, were ordered.

Chuck wrong?

#1540005 --- 01/28/20 08:16 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: Michael Jones]
scwoodchuck Offline

Grand larceny is a felony. It carries a minimum of one year and a maximum of twenty years in prison.

so how much time did they get ?

#1540028 --- 01/28/20 10:44 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: scwoodchuck]
Pravda1984 Offline

There is no mandatory minimum sentence of incarceration - and I also recall that full restitution was obtained in each of these cases that you referred to ...

GRAND LARCENY-3RD:PROPERTY VALUE EXCEEDS $3000, in violation of PL 155.35, a Class D Felony

OR

GRAND LARCENY-2ND DEGREE: PROPERTY VALUE EXCEEDS $50,000, in violation of PL 155.40, a Class C Felony

The sentencing possibilities are:

An indeterminate Sentence of imprisonment having a maximum term of not less than 3 years and not more than 7 years, and a minimum term of not less than 1 year and not more than one-third the maximum term. Penal Law 60.01(3)(a) and 70.00. Thus, the least such sentence is 1 to 3 years, and the greatest such sentence is 2 and one-third to 7 years.

A Definite Sentence of imprisonment of up to 1 year, if the court, having regard to the nature and circumstances of the crime and to the history and character of the defendant, is of the opinion that a sentence of imprisonment is necessary but that it would be unduly harsh to impose an indeterminate or determinate sentence. Penal Law 60.01(3)(a) and 70.00(4).

Intermittent Imprisonment for any term that could be imposed as a definite sentence, if the court is not imposing any other sentence of imprisonment upon the defendant at the same time, and if the defendant is not under any other sentence of imprisonment having a term in excess of 15 days imposed by any other court. Penal Law 60.01(2)(a)(ii) and 85.00.

A Split Sentence including both imprisonment and either 3, 4, or 5 years of probation or 3 years of conditional discharge. The imprisonment may be either a definite sentence of imprisonment of up to 6 months, or intermittent imprisonment of up to 4 months. Penal Law 60.01(2)(d), 65.00(3)(a)(i).

Probation for 3, 4, or 5 years if (i) institutional confinement for the term authorized by law is or may not be necessary for the protection of the public, (ii) the defendant is in need of guidance, training or other assistance which, in his case, can be administered through Probation supervision, and (iii) such disposition is not inconsistent with the ends of justice. Penal Law 60.01(2)(a)(i) and 65.00.

Interim Probation Supervision is permitted. (IPS) – CPL § 390.30(6)

Interim Probation is for one year, but may be extended for an additional year if defendant agrees and participates in a treatment program. CPL § 390.30(6).
Defendant can get credit towards their probation sentence for time spent on interim probation. CPL § 390.30(6)
Conditional Discharge for 3 years, if the Court having regard to the nature and circumstances of the offense and to the history, character and condition of the defendant, is of the opinion that neither the public interest nor the ends of justice would be served by a sentence of imprisonment and that probation supervision is not appropriate. Penal Law 60.01(2)(a)(i) and 65.05. Because the crime is a felony, the court must set forth in the record the reasons for imposing a Conditional Discharge. Penal Law 65.05(1)(b).

Unconditional Discharge if the court is of the opinion that no proper purpose would be served by imposing any condition upon the defendant's release. Penal Law 60.01(3)(d) and 65.20(1). Because the crime is a felony, the court must set forth in the record the reasons for its action. Penal Law 65.20(1).

Edited by Pravda1984 (01/28/20 10:45 AM)

#1540030 --- 01/28/20 11:20 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: Pravda1984]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hey, look at that, you can copy and paste too. I just posted a shorter version because after 2 sentences most people on here lose interest and stop reading.

#1540051 --- 01/28/20 04:07 PM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: scwoodchuck]
Pravda1984 Offline

The trouble is that you created a false story. Nobody "got off" - they received legal sentences within the law.

#1540088 --- 01/29/20 08:29 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: Pravda1984]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Former court clerk got 6 months jail and restitution, former bookkeeper got 2-5 in state prison and restitution and the amounts were about $3000 off from each other.... I would say Chuck on the right track here but wrong words.

The question that I would like to know is why is the former County Mgr. being processed at village court and not in county or town court since the location of the alleged events took place outside the village

#1540094 --- 01/29/20 11:42 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: DR. D]
scwoodchuck Offline

it's my opinion he should not even go to court in Seneca County.

#1540096 --- 01/29/20 11:48 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: DR. D]
all seeing eye Offline

Sheppard, who enabled all the nonsense, was only charged with a misdemeanor. Hence Village Court.

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Former court clerk got 6 months jail and restitution, former bookkeeper got 2-5 in state prison and restitution and the amounts were about $3000 off from each other.... I would say Chuck on the right track here but wrong words.

The question that I would like to know is why is the former County Mgr. being processed at village court and not in county or town court since the location of the alleged events took place outside the village

Mark Twain

#1540120 --- 01/30/20 04:25 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: all seeing eye]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Sheppard, who enabled all the nonsense, was only charged with a misdemeanor. Hence Village Court.

In his specific case severity of the crime or lack there of does not determine the location of the venue. I was not aware that the office building was located in the village limits, that was my question.

#1540131 --- 01/30/20 07:48 AM Re: Motions in Deeds case off until Feb. 19 [Re: DR. D]
all seeing eye Offline

Good point. Never thought about that.

Just checked the Real Property data base

It is in the Village of Waterloo.

Mark Twain

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >