FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 151 of 199 < 1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 198 199 >
Topic Options
#1535621 --- 11/05/19 02:35 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
"Hispanic unemployment fell to 3.9%, setting a record low, while black unemployment remained at a record low of 5.5%," CNN reported back in September.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/economy/september-jobs-report/index.html

FingerLakes1.com
#1535632 --- 11/06/19 05:14 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca County
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/interne...ever-met-bevin/

Internet mocks Trump for big Kentucky loss with #ByeByeBevin: ‘This is where you pretend you never met Bevin’

#1535640 --- 11/06/19 08:40 AM Re: More winning... [Re: luckyduck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Trump’s Fox & Friends pals finally concede Mexico ain’t paying for that wall.

"The president never should have said Mexico was gonna pay for the wall."

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-fox-and...l-73a6f995126b/

#1535642 --- 11/06/19 10:09 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Josh Kraushaar

I'd caution against extrapolating too much from the statewide results. Bevin was uniquely unpopular, even within his own party. Barely won a majority in the primary. Lowest approval of any governor in America.

Rest of the GOP ticket doing fine in Kentucky.

#1535647 --- 11/06/19 11:04 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Josh Kraushaar

I'd caution against extrapolating too much from the statewide results. Bevin was uniquely unpopular, even within his own party. Barely won a majority in the primary. Lowest approval of any governor in America.

Rest of the GOP ticket doing fine in Kentucky.

Is that the SAME Josh Kraushaar whose name doesn't even register on Wikipedia?

He sure has LOTS of company...
grin

Trump is running for president on some staggeringly unpopular ideas:
https://thinkprogress.org/republican-party-is-running-on-unpopular-ideas-in-2020-53f5b1ae666f/

#1535651 --- 11/06/19 11:49 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Chris Barron

If a Republican wins a state AG race for the first time in 70 years and a Republican also loses a Governor's race in KY maybe it’s about the candidates and not a referendum on the President. It’s embarrassing I have to remind people of this.

#1535653 --- 11/06/19 01:04 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: Ben444
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/interne...ever-met-bevin/

Internet mocks Trump for big Kentucky loss with #ByeByeBevin: ‘This is where you pretend you never met Bevin’

Commentators stated last night, watch the spin coming from Trump and the Republicans justifying the beating Kentucky incumbent mayor received . Amazing how they have justification for everything they do except for being ignorant, unethical and clueless.

#1535654 --- 11/06/19 01:10 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Ambassador Sondland's testimony. Here's what he actually said.

1. I did not (and still don't) know why aid was held up
2. I "PRESUMED" it was because of corruption
3. I told Yermak my assumption

#1535657 --- 11/06/19 01:24 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joe-scarborough-declaring-worst-day-154132930.html

Joe Scarborough: Declaring the New ‘Worst Day’ in Trump’s Presidency Is Getting Old
(Video)

#1535658 --- 11/06/19 01:28 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-tweets-name-of-whistleblower-164434463.html

Trump Jr. tweets name of alleged whistleblower

Many of Paul’s Republican colleagues criticized him, saying the whistleblower deserves to be protected.

“We should follow the law,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn. “And I believe the law protects whistleblowers.”

“The whistleblower statute is there for a reason,” said Senate Majority Whip John Thune, R-S.D. “And I think we need to respect the law where whistleblowers are concerned.”

Andrew Bakaj, an attorney for the whistleblower, warned members of Congress not to expose his client’s identity.

“If Congress and others do not protect my client’s anonymity — which my client is afforded to by law — not only does it jeopardize their safety, but it jeopardizes an entire system that took decades to build,” Bakaj tweeted on Wednesday. “It will destroy effective Congressional oversight for years to come.”

“If the President or any Member of Congress engages in rhetoric or activity that places my client in danger, they will be held personally responsible,” Bakaj added. “As I have already stated: my team and I are keeping all options on the table.”

_____

Edited by Ben444 (11/06/19 01:29 PM)

#1535660 --- 11/06/19 01:36 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Ambassador Sondland's testimony. Here's what he actually said.

1. I did not (and still don't) know why aid was held up
2. I "PRESUMED" it was because of corruption
3. I told Yermak my assumption

Is this somehow supposed to be an excuse for Sondland suddenly having an epiphany of recollection? He sure seems to be adamantly clear-minded about all the rest of his memories concerning the events in question.

Yeah, you'll be alright.
crazy

#1535665 --- 11/06/19 01:54 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Chris Barron

If a Republican wins a state AG race for the first time in 70 years and a Republican also loses a Governor's race in KY maybe it’s about the candidates and not a referendum on the President. It’s embarrassing I have to remind people of this.

Not nearly as embarrassing as missing the point that Bevin's political positions being in virtual in lock-step alignment with Trump's policies are the likely origin of his unpopularity in the first place. grin

Matt Bevin’s defeat in Kentucky wasn’t just about him.
It’s really important to remember why Matt Bevin was so unpopular.
https://www.vox.com/2019/11/6/20951510/matt-bevin-kentucky-governor-loss-beshear-medicaid-teacher

#1535666 --- 11/06/19 01:55 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Kentucky AG Election Ends in Historic Win for Republicans
Cortney O'Brien

Daniel Cameron won Tuesday's race for Kentucky Attorney General, and it was a historic victory. He is going to be the Commonwealth’s first African American Attorney General ever, as well as the first Republican Attorney General since 1948. He defeated former Democratic Attorney General and former Speaker of the Kentucky House of Representatives Greg Stumbo to make it happen.

Daniel Cameron
@DanielCameronAG
Thank you to the people of Kentucky. It’s a great honor to be your next Attorney General and I look forward to hitting the ground running

"Kentucky voters sent a strong signal tonight: They want Daniel Cameron to clean up decades of Democrat dysfunction and restore credibility to the Attorney General’s Office," Paxton said in a statement. "For the first time in a generation, Kentucky will have an Attorney General who is focused on supporting and defending the rule of law and Kentucky’s law enforcement community, and more interested in fighting public safety challenges than political opponents. Daniel was an excellent candidate and as Kentucky Attorney General, will make every Kentuckian proud of the Commonwealth.”

During the campaign Cameron claimed to have been the victim of insensitive racial slurs because of his politics, but said he believed in the values of the Republican Party. He campaigned on pro-life policies, gun rights and anti-illegal immigration, according to Kentucky.com.

"The Democratic Party needs to stop telling black Republicans how to think,” he said in August.

Cameron previously served as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s legal counsel in Washington, D.C.

We are still awaiting the results of Kentucky's gubernatorial election, where Republican Gov. Matt Bevin is in a virtual tie with outgoing Attorney General Andy Beshear.

#1535669 --- 11/06/19 02:07 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: Ben444
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-tweets-name-of-whistleblower-164434463.html

Trump Jr. tweets name of alleged whistleblower

Many of Paul’s Republican colleagues criticized him, saying the whistleblower deserves to be protected.

“We should follow the law,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn. “And I believe the law protects whistleblowers.”

“The whistleblower statute is there for a reason,” said Senate Majority Whip John Thune, R-S.D. “And I think we need to respect the law where whistleblowers are concerned.”

Andrew Bakaj, an attorney for the whistleblower, warned members of Congress not to expose his client’s identity.

“If Congress and others do not protect my client’s anonymity — which my client is afforded to by law — not only does it jeopardize their safety, but it jeopardizes an entire system that took decades to build,” Bakaj tweeted on Wednesday. “It will destroy effective Congressional oversight for years to come.”

“If the President or any Member of Congress engages in rhetoric or activity that places my client in danger, they will be held personally responsible,” Bakaj added. “As I have already stated: my team and I are keeping all options on the table.”

_____

Best way to attempt denying facts are to call it a witch hunt and discredit the reputation of honest people Like our boy cwjga, who must be having a bad day based on the lies and misinformation he is profusely posting today

#1535671 --- 11/06/19 03:04 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Tucson voters overwhelmingly reject sanctuary city measure
Associated Press

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Voters in one of Arizona's most liberal cities rejected an initiative Tuesday that would have made Tucson the state's only sanctuary city amid concerns that it went too far in restricting police officers.

The measure drew fierce opposition from the mayor and city council, all of them Democrats, who said the initiative risked public safety and millions of dollars the city gets from the state and federal governments.

TOO CLOSE TO CALL IN KENTUCKY GOV RACE

The measure was pushed by activists who wanted to give a voice to Tucson's Latino community. They said it would have sent the message that immigrants are safe and protected in Tucson at a time when many are fearful of President Donald Trump's immigration policies.

The initiative, known as Proposition 205, would have put new restrictions on when police can inquire about immigration status or cooperate with federal law enforcement.

VIRGINIA DEMS WIN STATE HOUSE

It explicitly aims to neuter a 2010 Arizona immigration law known as SB1070, which drew mass protests and a boycott of the state. It prohibits sanctuary cities in Arizona and requires police, when enforcing other laws, to verify the immigration status of anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. Courts threw out much of the law but upheld the requirement for officers to check immigration papers.

"It will put into law that we will not, as we move forward, collaborate in the federal effort to terrorize, detain, separate and deport our community members," said Zaira Livier, executive director of the People's Defense Initiative, which organized the effort that became Proposition 205.

Tucson's mayor and city council members, all of them Democrats, were opposed to the measure because they worried about unintended consequences and the potential for losing millions of dollars in state and federal funding. They say Tucson police have already adopted rules that go as far as legally possible to restrict officers from enforcing federal immigration laws.

They say trying to enact tougher limits would run afoul of SB1070 and other state laws, endangering the state funds that make up a massive chunk of Tucson's city budget.

"The city of Tucson, in all respects except being labeled as such, operates as a sanctuary city," Mayor Jonathan Rothschild said.

The Trump administration has fought sanctuary cities and tried to restrict their access to federal grants. The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in June that the Trump administration could consider cities' willingness to cooperate in immigration enforcement when doling out law enforcement money.

Both sides said the measure was likely to end up in court if it's approved.

To supporters, that's a chance to secure court rulings validating an extremely narrow interpretation of state laws requiring police to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement. Opponents see it as an expensive and likely fruitless endeavor.

The City Council in 2012 designated Tucson an "immigrant welcoming city," expressing support but stopping short of calling it a sanctuary city.

A handful of Republican state lawmakers have said they will pursue legislation to punish Tucson. Prior legislation approved by the GOP Legislature to tie the hands of liberal cities, including Tucson, allows the state to cut off funding for cities that pass laws conflicting with Arizona laws.

Meanwhile, Tucson voters elected their first Latina mayor. Regina Romero will be the first woman to lead Arizona's second-largest city after Phoenix, with a population of about 546,000 people.

Tucson's last Hispanic mayor was Estevan Ochoa, who was elected in 1875 -- nearly four decades before Arizona became a state and just 21 years after the United States bought Southern Arizona, including Tucson, from Mexico in the Gadsden Purchase.

Romero, who is on the city council, opposed the sanctuary city initiative, saying it's unnecessary given Tucson's welcoming attitude and policies toward immigrants.

#1535674 --- 11/06/19 03:37 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ukraine-impeachment-sondland.html

Republicans Go Mute After Latest Ukraine Bombshell

#1535676 --- 11/06/19 03:45 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

Even the officials who tried to do Trump’s dirty work knew it was wrong

Washington Post Editorial Board

#1535677 --- 11/06/19 03:47 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

New York Times:

Roger Stone Lied to Protect Trump, Prosecutor Says

Mr. Stone’s trial on charges including lying to investigators opened on Wednesday.

#1535679 --- 11/06/19 03:59 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Politico/Morning Consult Poll: Trump Impeachment Support Slips

By Jeffrey Rodack | Wednesday, 06 November 2019 11:06 AM

Forty-seven percent of voters support the House impeaching President Donald Trump, according to a new Politico/Morning Consult poll.

The result is a drop of 4 points from a 51% high in a poll taken in mid-October.

The new poll also showed that 43% of voters oppose the House impeaching Trump. In addition, 40% approve of the way Democrats are handling the impeachment inquiry, while 46% disapprove.

The Morning Consult noted the Nov. 1-3 poll came after the House voted to lay out the rules for its impeachment inquiry.

The poll surveyed 1,983 registered voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

#1535684 --- 11/06/19 04:38 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/trump-h...e-in-2020-race/

‘Trump has cheated since he was 20 years old’: Biographer warns the pattern will continue in 2020 race

Page 151 of 199 < 1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 198 199 >