FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 344 of 358 < 1 2 ... 342 343 344 345 346 ... 357 358 >
Topic Options
#1534649 --- 10/09/19 01:21 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Ben444
So you think it is OK that the rich pay a lower tax rate than the lower class? The rich pay 80% of the taxes. Baloney. I would like to see a link on that.

Personally I prefer a flat tax. Then nobody would be whining about the rate the other person pays. No loopholes.

It will never happen because rich politicians won't pass a tax reform that taxes them more. Or takes away their loopholes.

The 80% was a bit of hyperbole. My apologies, no time to verify

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2018 Update

The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne primarily by the highest income earners.[2]

In 2016, 140.9 million taxpayers reported earning $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.4 trillion in individual income taxes.

The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell slightly to 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes fell slightly, to 37.3 percent.

In 2016, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).

FingerLakes1.com
#1534650 --- 10/09/19 01:22 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

#1534651 --- 10/09/19 01:41 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
Poor Donald. he must be cringing in his bedroom and watching TV a night, can't sleep, can't find a restful moment and now Hillary comes into the mix. 20 previous candidates singularly can beat him..now if she becomes serious...it will come down to Biden, Sander, Clinton and Warren pounding him by double digits.

#1534652 --- 10/09/19 01:46 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

The years I worked as an Engineer/electrician never gave me much thought or room for second guessing myself because I knew that my capabilities suffice. Unlike trump, who must reiterate his supposed intellect, knows all too well that his actions defies all those claims he make. A paranoid leader usually does a poor job, that is also quite evident.

#1534653 --- 10/09/19 01:55 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Note not one word of endorsement here for any Democratic candidate, why waste time mulling over a scenario in which is locked solid? You on the other hand spend your time convincing yourself that Trump is a good president, if he is so great, why must you support him via cartoons and memes? Me thinks that you already know his infallibility and must talk to yourself for sollice. wink

#1534654 --- 10/09/19 01:56 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: cwjga
So you think it is OK that the rich pay a lower tax rate than the lower class? The rich pay 80% of the taxes. Baloney. I would like to see a link on that.
Personally I prefer a flat tax. Then nobody would be whining about the rate the other person pays. No loopholes.

It will never happen because rich politicians won't pass a tax reform that taxes them more. Or takes away their loopholes.

The 80% was a bit of hyperbole. My apologies, no time to verify

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2018 Update

The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne primarily by the highest income earners.[2]

In 2016, 140.9 million taxpayers reported earning $10.2 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.4 trillion in individual income taxes.

The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell slightly to 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes fell slightly, to 37.3 percent.

In 2016, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).
I see no link. How do I know you are not just making these numbers up?

#1534655 --- 10/09/19 02:00 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/legal-e...minal-exposure/

Legal experts warn Trump’s refusal to cooperate with impeachment inquiry may subject federal workers to criminal exposure

#1534656 --- 10/09/19 02:31 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

Elizabeth Warren has it right.

Elizabeth Warren says:

Trump recklessly betrayed our Kurdish partners and cleared the way for Turkey’s invasion of Syria—reopening the door for ISIS and furthering a humanitarian crisis. We should bring our troops home, but we need to do so in a way that protects our security.

#1534657 --- 10/09/19 05:00 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

Elizabeth Bradbury @isabellabc

Still vividly recall the photos of the Kurds lying dead in the streets from Hussein’s gas attack in late 80s. Mothers lying with their babies they tried to protect. Horrifying.

I’m so embarrassed of what Trump has turned this country into.

#1534658 --- 10/09/19 05:14 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

Replying to @ewarren

Today’s news not to be believed we are witnesses to the meltdown of the US government. I’m not sure how we’ll recover.

#1534659 --- 10/09/19 05:15 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

What we should do is institute the no fly zone the Kurds are begging for. All this other talk is pointless, at the moment. Innocent people are being killed because the person in the White House is owned by despots. Defy his order. It’s not a lawful order.

#1534660 --- 10/10/19 03:10 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-i...-3-times-a-day/

Trump is freaking out so much about impeachment he’s calling Mitch McConnell 3 times a day

#1534661 --- 10/10/19 05:59 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö
Green-lighting Turkey's massacre of Kurds = pimping for ISIS. Deranged war criminal Trump.

Donald Trump has berserk meltdown for the ages

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/midnight-meltdown-ages-trump-donald/21738/

Donald Trump spent Wednesday trying to cause as many foreign policy problems for the United States as possible, and get as many American allies murdered as possible, under the apparent belief that maniacally genocidal behavior is the best way to convince the Senate to keep him in power. By the time the day was over, and Trump’s antics were backfiring against him in real time, he ended up having a late night Twitter meltdown for the ages.

Just before midnight, Donald Trump tweeted this: “In case the Kurds or Turkey lose control, the United States has already taken the 2 ISIS militants tied to beheadings in Syria, known as the Beetles, out of that country and into a secure location controlled by the U.S. They are the worst of the worst!”

It’s almost impossible to come up with the words to describe what’s wrong with this tweet. First, Trump appears to have no interest or understanding that Turkey is in the process of massacring the Kurds. Second, he appears to believe that there are only two ISIS prisoners at risk of escaping, when there are in fact a whole bunch of them. Third, while these two ISIS members are in fact nicknamed The Beatles, Trump just revealed that he doesn’t know how to spell “Beatles.” He really thinks the rock band is called the “Beetles.”

None of this is funny, of course. Donald Trump is committing mass murder, and he’s massively weakening the United States’ position on the world stage for years to come. If the Republican Senators don’t decide to oust him soon, they’ll forever be remembered as traitors with blood on their hands as well.

#1534665 --- 10/10/19 07:30 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Every one knows that Trump's policies are a** backward including his supporters, only they are too hypocritical and proud to admit it. Keep ignoring it but an ultimate end to his lack f functionality is soon to come

#1534666 --- 10/10/19 08:28 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: Ben444]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Here you go, I am sure they offer classes on how to look things up. You may want to take one. Always better to get more points of view before you just post crap.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2018-update/

#1534667 --- 10/10/19 08:30 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

#1534668 --- 10/10/19 09:08 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Now what part of the Constitution are we making reference to? The other day, the White House sent a letter falsely stating that the House of Representative was by law obligated to vote on any article in attempt to impeach the president, this is totally incorrect, either house can at their discretion hold a vote in attempt to show that a majority is in fact in favor of an impeachment. For your own edification please look up it's full content but why should you when another typical lie is more convenient?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...ry-constitution

#1534669 --- 10/10/19 09:24 AM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga

Here you go, I am sure they offer classes on how to look things up. You may want to take one. Always better to get more points of view before you just post crap.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2018-update/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Foundation

https://www.irs.gov/

Odd that you prefer a bias foundation over the experts of personal income taxes. Careful in how you loosely utilize the word "CRAP" seeing that 90 % of your citations are just that, opinionated articles and web sites.Moving forward it may be suggested that your citations originate from reputable sources, otherwise your own words make an astounding reference to yourself....FULL OF CRAP...can't wait for the next load. grin

As of 11 AM Eastern time zone, may I add a credible article which I defy you to call crap, your only recourse of rebuttal "Innocent until proven guilty" Funny how your demented president deem this not to be true for anyone he construe to be his arch enemy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/guliani-client-arrested-campaign-finance/index.html

Edited by Formermac (10/10/19 10:10 AM)

#1534670 --- 10/10/19 12:41 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

#1534672 --- 10/10/19 12:59 PM Re: Right wing Political cartoons [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

You've made that quite obvious over the last 3 hears but never question how said Billionaire made his money. It's an effort in futility in attempting to educate you for the same reason, narrow minded conservative racist receives the majority of their information via word of mouth or bias Conservative websites... They never enlighten themselves with having an open mind or look at situation from both sides. Tell us who can become a Billionaire a lot quicker, an individual who starts from the ground up with a few hundred dollars or the one handed nearly a Billion years ago if you factor in inflation. I find it hilarious that you post several memes but fail to confirm your premise by staying on said subject for a period of time.....we all know why...lack of credibility and source.....ROTFLMAO

Page 344 of 358 < 1 2 ... 342 343 344 345 346 ... 357 358 >