FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 147 of 149 < 1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 >
Topic Options
#1534574 --- 10/07/19 10:23 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
"I would think that if they were honest about it, they would start a major investigation into the Bidens," Trump said of Ukraine, adding, "China should start an investigation into the Bidens. Because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."

Saying China should do something has become Trump asking China to do something. What a partisan joke it has all become.

In the meantime

September unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, a 50-year low, as payrolls rise by 136,000

America keeps winning.

FingerLakes1.com
#1534576 --- 10/07/19 10:33 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
Trump's trend of suggesting that his accusers be investigated has ended as of last week. His ploys and tactics are so predictable that every person that criticizes him is responded by Trump's stating that they should be investigated or impeached. Just think son, his reasoning for the Ukraine phone calls changes every few hours,now tell where truth comes into play when your story changes constantly?

#1534578 --- 10/07/19 10:41 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal-jud...rns-11570455028

Reminds me of the series back in the 80s, the biggest crook was so unethical that he lost his wife, the trust of his family alone with the trust of his clients, all for one reason, he placed financial aspirations over truth, ethic, morality, fidelity, love etc...when it's all said and done, what did JR Ewing have left? money, no friends...sound eerily similar to your boy in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._Ewing

Edited by Formermac (10/07/19 10:44 AM)

#1534579 --- 10/07/19 11:00 AM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
"I would think that if they were honest about it, they would start a major investigation into the Bidens," Trump said of Ukraine, adding, "China should start an investigation into the Bidens. Because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."

Saying China should do something has become Trump asking China to do something. What a partisan joke it has all become.

In the meantime

September unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, a 50-year low, as payrolls rise by 136,000

America keeps winning.

It's one thing to be called a hypocrite but you of your own volition and postings actually are a hypocrite. What decent parent will state publicly that they want their children to be just like Trump and Ill show you a dysfunctional parent. My wife has been a teacher, administrator for many years and this is the first time in her teaching career, they don't tell the students about our sitting president, nothing political, just a fact that we expect our leaders to demonstrate morals, character, and honesty, if Trump is your "HERO" we can see why our children are taking their lives along with abusing drugs, ethics, honesty and morality starts at home.

#1534580 --- 10/07/19 11:15 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Ben444 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Formermac
My wife has been a teacher, administrator for many years and this is the first time in her teaching career, they don't tell the students about our sitting president, nothing political, just a fact that we expect our leaders to demonstrate morals, character, and honesty, if Trump is your "HERO" we can see why our children are taking their lives along with abusing drugs, ethics, honesty and morality starts at home.
Interesting.

#1534581 --- 10/07/19 11:22 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/the-gop...rd-cnns-gangel/

The GOP has ‘Trump exhaustion’ and is waiting for polls to shift before tossing him overboard: CNN’s Gangel

#1534582 --- 10/07/19 11:35 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/10/07/trump-turkey-wisdom.html

Trump Vows To Destroy Turkey With His “Great and Unmatched Wisdom”

#1534583 --- 10/07/19 12:58 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/cnn-con...serious-things/

CNN conservative slams GOP for ‘he’s trolling you’ defense of Trump: ‘Get rid of him for joking about serious things!’

#1534584 --- 10/07/19 01:03 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/indicted-judge-office-donald-trump-office/21630/

When Federal Judge Victor Marrero ruled this morning that Donald Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to the Manhattan District Attorney, he issued a wide-ranging ruling that covered a lot of ground. As Palmer Report explained, the legal battle centers around a grand jury subpoena over the tax returns, which means the grand jury is seeking to criminally indict Trump on state charges. It turns out the judge had something to say about when Trump can be indicted.

The big question about the New York grand jury is whether it’ll wait and indict Donald Trump the minute he’s no longer president (at which point he’d be immediately arrested), or if the grand jury will try to indict Trump while he’s still in office. Donald Trump’s Department of Justice is insisting that a sitting president can’t be indicted on federal charges – but the DOJ doesn’t have direct control over what the states can do. That’s why the judge’s ruling this morning is so crucial.

As flagged by a number of observers, the judge said in his ruling the DOJ’s position on not indicting a sitting president is essentially nonsense. We all know that the DOJ isn’t going to indict Donald Trump while Bill Barr is still running it. But the judge just handed significant legal precedent to New York State if it decides to try to indict Trump while he’s still in office.

We still don’t know what that would look like. Federal law enforcement probably won’t allow New York State to arrest Donald Trump while he’s still president. But if he’s indicted and he refuses to show up for his trial, it could be held without him. If he’s convicted, and the sentence includes asset seizures, that could begin while he’s still in office. It’s New York’s move now – but this ruling supercharges things.

#1534585 --- 10/07/19 01:45 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Bottom line, if Trump resigns (Which I don't think he'll do) impeached or voted out of office by a enormous defeat, New York state will have many charges levied against him, from tax evasion to corruption.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wjwex...latest-subpoena

#1534586 --- 10/07/19 01:57 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

A shear coincident, bad luck or plain justice catching up to this big crook? Trump's affiliation with corrupt people has been his trend most of his life. Several of his associates are either serving prison sentences, awaiting trial or close to being indicted. Did his association to these corrupt them or better yet, he knew exactly who he was dealing with from the start. It's well known the those who refuse to go along with his corruption are immediately fired or bullied into resigning. WITCH HUNT!!!! you can bet that the public is laughing their butts off.....with the exception of his corrupted supporters who claim that he has the propensity for "pranking" and does all of this for attention and goading the media. Because they're idiots, don't assume that the intelligent public is.

#1534588 --- 10/07/19 02:52 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

First heard this article while I attended college.

SOOOO proud of our Democratic constituents, keep up the great work of protecting our democracy while the GOP attempts to demonize the very thing they said existed in the Obama era, what a difference a corrupt president and party may attempt to do. What they did for 8 years is now a "Witch hunt"
only difference that is getting under their crawl, after 8 years they were relegated to making up lies, now they are taking truth and falsely labeling it as a lie.

#1534610 --- 10/08/19 03:06 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Critics Aghast As Trump Keeps Word About No More Wars
Kurt Schlichter|Posted: Oct 08, 2019 10:01 AM

Donald Trump came into office promising to not start any new wars and to get us out of the old ones our feckless elite had dragged us into, and now that he’s doing it in Syria the usual suspects are outraged. How dare he actually deliver on his promise not to have anymore of our precious warriors shipped home in boxes after getting killed on battlefields we can’t even pronounce, while refereeing conflicts that began long before America was a thing, in campaigns without any kind of coherent objective?

Conservatives like me still think of ourselves as hawks, but after hard experience we have learned to be hawkish only where America’s interests are directly at stake. We’re not doves. We’re just not going to spill our troops’ blood when we do not absolutely have to. The elite may not like our attitude, but then it’s generally not the elite that ends up having to bury its sons, daughters, husbands and wives. We do.

I generally like the Kurds. I generally dislike the Turks. But they’ve been killing each other for a long time and no one has yet offered a sufficient reason why America should stick its troops in the crossfire between them. We hear words like “betrayal” tossed around, often by people whose track record re: honor is (charitably) lacking, but that assumes America had a say in this latest round ramping up. If the Turks are intent on invading, a firm “No” from the Oval office is not going to stop a battalion of Leopard tanks. If you want to stop them, you have to be prepared to stop them. That means war, and the president – along with millions of us – say “No thanks.”

Some solid conservatives who I respect disagree with the president’s take. They point out that the Kurds have fought with us and that they’ve had a raw deal. They also point to the Turks’ sordid history of genocide, like with the Armenians. These are good points – I spent 16 months away from my family deployed helping Muslims avoid a genocide in Kosovo – but they are not good enough to justify us doing the only thing that can stop the Turks if they are committed to their threatened aggression, i.e., being willing to have American troops fight them.

Let’s have some real talk, because the Orange Man Bad side of the debate – the side that suddenly is all hopped up on war juice – offers nothing but hack clichés to support its amorphous position. The Kurds helped destroy ISIS, true. It’s also true that the Kurds would have fought ISIS anyway, since the psycho caliphate was right next door. Let’s be honest – the Kurds didn’t show up for us at Normandy or Inchon or Khe Sanh or Kandahar. The Syrian Kurds allied with us in their homeland because we shared a common interest in wiping out the head-lopping freak show that was ISIS. Moreover, all Kurds are not equal. The PKK – the Kurdistan Workers' Party – are a bunch of commie terrorists who have been fighting the Turks for a long time. Those reds are no friends of ours, and it’s their antics that seem to be inspiring the Turkish campaign. I have little use for the Turks, but they aren’t just picking this fight for Schiffs and giggles. The fact that it’s all so confusing is a really, really good reason for us to stay the hell out of it.

Moreover, we keep hearing about our “obligation” to the Kurds, but who is the genius who promised the Kurds that if Turkey attacked the United States would go to war? Would that promise be binding on us if it were? After all, I don’t recall my senators voting on a treaty – after debate and with accountability to us voters – agreeing to put American lives on the line to protect the sovereignty of hypothetical Kurdistan. This idea that some sort of obligation for America to defend another people can arise outside the treaty ratification process is as bizarre as it is unconstitutional. Now we’re supposed to shed our blood because our elites feel we owe it to foreign strangers?

I do note that there is one treaty, duly signed and ratified by the Senate, at play here. That’s the NATO treaty under which we agreed to go to war to defend Turkey if attacked. If Erdogan, that thug, were more cunning he would assert Article 5 and demand NATO forces come to Turkey’s defense against the cross-border attacks by the PKK.

None of this is to justify what Turkey is doing. I hope the tough and brave non-communist Kurds bloody these bullies’ noses. But I cannot think of any way to adequately explain to the mom and dad of a 20-year-old 82nd Airborne 11 Bravo paratrooper from Rancho Cucamonga why their son got his head blown off in Northern Syria fighting the Kurd’s war for them.

In the Army War College, they drilled into us the necessity of a clearly defined objective as the foundation of every successful military operation. If you do not know exactly what you wish to achieve, you cannot plan and execute effectively. Okay critics, what’s our proposed objective in Northern Syria? Stop with the clichés about “betrayals” and “abandoning allies” and tell me – exactly – what we would seek to achieve. And then tell me – again, exactly – how many dead Americans we should sacrifice to achieve it.

We have our own national interests to protect. The threat to America is not Turks imposing a security zone a few miles inside Syria. It’s China pumping out a couple warships a month and deploying new carrier-killing missiles using tech they steal from us under the noses of our politically preoccupied FBI and CIA. If the president’s critics in Congress really want to be tough guys, let them pass a declaration of war and let them sign their names to the butcher’s bill instead of trying to get Trump to walk out to the end of the branch so they can saw it off.

Let’s be clear – and I need to be crystal clear because the gung ho gang’s MO is to mischaracterize its opponents’ views to distract from the strategic bankruptcy of its own – that fighting for the Kurds would not be immoral. It’s a good cause, but we can’t intervene every time there’s a good cause. Iraq was a good cause, and a disaster. I’d come back on active duty, if the Army was that desperate, and serve there proudly. Our troops will do everything we ask of them and more. They will lay down their lives for this cause if we send them. And that’s the point.

We owe our men and women in uniform the moral courage to make the hard decision not to fight, even when we see a grievous wrong unfolding, where there is no compelling national interest and no clear objective. We can’t garrison Syria forever. We can’t right every wrong around the globe.

How many dead Americans is it worth to stop the Turks and Kurds from brawling? I, and our president, say, “Exactly none.” Those who disagree owe us all an exact number of their own.

#1534614 --- 10/08/19 04:10 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/they-mu...ndland-testify/

‘They must be scared’: Obama lawyer says it is ‘huge’ Trump won’t let Ambassador Sondland testify

#1534620 --- 10/08/19 11:44 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Ben444 Offline

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/its-goi...on-impeachment/

‘It’s going to get worse’: Rick Wilson explains why the GOP wants to ‘tear the Band-Aid off sooner’ on impeachment

#1534624 --- 10/09/19 07:00 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Ben444]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/t...ught-or-actions

Our dysfunctional president falsely brags about being very bright and intelligent but somehow can't quite figure out that his broad negative statements makes himself inclusive as well. His rally chant of "Lock her up" never envision he himself being the victim of losing several of his associates going to prison while Hillary sits back to laugh her behind off. He was caught seeking the assistance of Russia to interfere in our democratic election while in the last 2 weeks it's becoming very apparent that he perpetrated the same unethical act on Joe Biden. What does he do when caught? lie, lie, lie. Mr. President, Americans aren't as stupid as your supporters and seek to remedy this trend of you throwing stone but failing to understand that you live in an transparent house.

#1534662 --- 10/10/19 06:10 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1534663 --- 10/10/19 06:33 AM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö

George Conway thoroughly eviscerates Trump.

Unfit for Office
Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/

"Simply put, Trump’s ingrained and extreme behavioral characteristics make it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires. To see why first requires a look at what the Constitution demands of a president, and then an examination of how Trump’s behavioral characteristics preclude his ability to fulfill those demands."

#1534675 --- 10/10/19 01:16 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

#1534677 --- 10/10/19 02:14 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...essions-897392/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/politics/...fice/index.html

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/13/16029526/rex-tillerson-fired-state-department

The last link gave Russ a poor review based on the relationship he and Trump had, what's the possibility that this former CEO quickly realize that he made a mistake and was not willing to take up residence with a corrupt president.

At this pace of new revelations, Trump and his associates months are numbered. It can't be denied that his 3 year obsession over beating Hillary Clinton was only to convince himself that he won but as time and news revolves, we can see an distinct pattern of corruption and colluding with the enemy to win a election. fact, Hillary beat Trump by 3 Million votes in the popularity category but in regard to the electoral, still many unanswered questions.

Page 147 of 149 < 1 2 ... 145 146 147 148 149 >