FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 172 of 203 < 1 2 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 202 203 >
Topic Options
#1541112 --- 02/08/20 04:51 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Formermac

It's really sad to be a Republican nowadays.

Has the counting been completed in Iowa yet?

FingerLakes1.com
#1541113 --- 02/08/20 05:00 PM Re: More winning... [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
I am profoundly intrigued by you ignorance. Always a dollar short and a day late. I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here,not many minorities on this site, so the lion share are like you, the smart and intelligent one lurk and witness their counter parts make fools of themselves, it must be very embarrassing to them to say the least.

#1541122 --- 02/08/20 05:42 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

I am profoundly intrigued by you ignorance.

Reading it again and find your error...

#1541124 --- 02/08/20 05:59 PM Re: More winning... [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone

ROTFLMAO, I need to find a way to forward these postings to a intercity school district and convey to it's students "don't believe everything you hear about being a minority, you be the best that you can and push yourself to excel, forget about the circus unfolding itself starting in the White House and the sentiments repeated by his followers. There is bad in all races, but to your point, it seems to be prevalent in one group as of now when it comes to non violent crime. wink

#1541125 --- 02/08/20 06:05 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

#1541127 --- 02/08/20 06:09 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone

ROTFLMAO, I need to find a way to forward these postings to a intercity school district and convey to it's students "don't believe everything you hear about being a minority, you be the best that you can and push yourself to excel, forget about the circus unfolding itself starting in the White House and the sentiments repeated by his followers. There is bad in all races, but to your point, it seems to be prevalent in one group as of now when it comes to non violent crime. wink

Apparently you falsely believe that I will entertain you when all you have is dialogue of nonsensical babbling... wink

Secondly, the omission of one letter somehow still got the message across........LOL

#1541129 --- 02/08/20 06:48 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Race Relations Have Improved Dramatically Since Trump Took Office
BY MATT MARGOLIS FEBRUARY 3, 2020CHAT COMMENTS

President Donald Trump smiles during State of the Union address in the House chamber of the U.S. Capitol to a joint session of Congress
President Donald Trump smiles during State of the Union address, Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018 in Washington. (Win McNamee/Pool via AP)
The election of Barack Obama was seen as a watershed moment in America's history. The question of whether could elect a black man president had been answered, and some saw this as proof that America had moved beyond its past stains of slavery, segregation, and other racial injustices. While many debated the meaning of his election, an overwhelming majority of Americans (70 percent) predicted that Obama's presidency would result in significant improvements in race relations.

But that's not what happened at all. Polls that showed a majority of Americans believed race relations got worse under Obama. Because of Obama's divisive presidency, race relations actually reached an all-time low on his watch.

Obama's record on race relations was so horrible that it seems many have actually tried to blame his failure on Trump. Back in December, a USA Today columnist falsely implied that race relations improved under Obama and have been declining under Trump.

We now have new evidence that shows that Trump's record on race relations is far superior to Obama's as a new Gallup survey shows that satisfaction with race relations has increased 14 percent since Trump's inauguration. America's satisfaction with race relations went from 22 percent in January 2017 to 36 percent in January 2020, a remarkable jump considering the desperate efforts of Democrats and media to paint President Trump as a racist white nationalist.

There's still room for improvement, however. National Review notes that satisfaction with race relations "still remains 8 points lower than it was in 2001" and that a majority of Americans are still dissatisfied with race relations, but it's clear that Trump has been repairing the damage done by Barack Obama.

USA Today Falsely Claims the Obama Years Represented Progress for Race Relations
Americans may be more satisfied with the state of race relations, but Democrat attacks on Trump still have him well underwater with African Americans. According to a Washington Post poll, “more than 8 in 10 black Americans say they believe Trump is a racist and that he has made racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine in 10 disapprove of his job performance overall.” While African Americans may be convinced by the media Trump is a racist, they can't deny their situation has improved since he took office. Under Trump, African American unemployment is at its lowest rate in history. If Trump can adequately get the message out and convince them that he deserves the credit for this, his support amongst African Americans should increase in 2020, making him that much tougher to beat in November.

#1541130 --- 02/08/20 06:54 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://pjmedia.com/trending/race-relations-have-improved-dramatically-since-trump-took-office/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

Laughing my Black A** off, A white guy submits a underground White Supremacist web site and make such an outlandish statement....You get the Pinocchio award for the day. ROTFLMAO[/size]

Several factual assessments soon to follow grin

#1541131 --- 02/08/20 06:57 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541132 --- 02/08/20 06:59 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541133 --- 02/08/20 07:00 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541134 --- 02/08/20 07:05 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541135 --- 02/08/20 07:16 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Based on Trump's speeches in the last 3 years years in regard to race relations

Sh*t hole countries
Minorities women need to go back to their own country (laughable because with the exception of one, were all born in America)
Called Obama a Nigerian who wasn't real citizen to the United States
5 Black youths were exonerated of a crime but he wouldn't accept that verdict.
Called a Mexican judge unfit for office
Stated that White Supremacists were a fine group
Separated Mexican babies from their parents.
Called Baltimore Senator(Now deceased) a a bad man for defending his city.

I'm not mad at you son because you would be less if you didn't defend this racist.

#1541136 --- 02/08/20 07:55 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
January adds a much stronger-than-expected 225,000 jobs, with a boost from warm weather
PUBLISHED FRI, FEB 7 20208:30 AM ESTUPDATED FRI, FEB 7 20203:21 PM EST
Jeff Cox
@JEFF.COX.7528
@JEFFCOXCNBCCOM

KEY POINTS
Nonfarm payrolls surged 225,000 for the month, well above Wall Street estimates for a 158,000 gain.
The unemployment rate ticked higher to 3.6%, but for the right reason as the labor force participation rate increased 0.2 percentage points to 63.4%, matching its highest level since June 2013.
Average hourly earnings rose 3.1% over a year ago to $28.44, ahead of estimates for 3% growth.

WASHINGTON — An unseasonably mild January helped power the U.S. jobs market to more gains, with nonfarm payrolls rising 225,000 for the month, well above Wall Street estimates.

The unemployment rate ticked higher to 3.6%, but for the right reason as the labor force participation rate increased 0.2 percentage points to 63.4%, matching its highest level since June 2013, according to data released Friday by the Labor Department.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones were looking for payroll growth of 158,000 and the jobless rate to stay at 3.5%, its lowest in more than 50 years.

A more encompassing labor market indicator that includes discouraged workers and those holding part-time positions for economic reasons also moved higher, rising 0.2 percentage points to 6.9%. The so-called real unemployment rate previously had been at its lowest level in the history of the data series.

However, the employment-to-population ratio in the household survey rose to 61.2%, its highest since November 2008 and 0.5 percentage points higher than a year ago.

The weather-sensitive construction industry helped lead the way in job creation, adding 44,000 positions, well above its 2019 average of 12,000.

Manufacturing, which has been in a months-long slump, saw a loss of 12,000 positions, owing almost completely to a drop in motor vehicles and parts.

Leisure and hospitality, another sector also impacted by weather, added 36,000, as did health care. Professional and business services grew by 21,000, bringing to 390,000 the number of jobs the sector has added. Transportation and warehousing increased by 28,000.

Despite the strong numbers, markets reacted negatively with the Dow Jones Industrial Average indicating a drop of more than 100 points at the open.

“The report is unambiguously good,” said Ed Campbell, portfolio manager at QMA. “Strong growth and decent but not runaway wage growth should be good for stocks. Of course, we’ve had such a strong week, the markets are taking this in stride given how much we’ve been up so far.”

Wages rise
There was more good news for workers: Average hourly earnings rose 3.1% over a year ago to $28.44, ahead of estimates for 3% growth. That marked 18 consecutive months of wage gains above 3%, as the initially reported 2.9% for December was revised up to 3%.

The average work week was unchanged at 34.3 hours.

Previous months’ revisions also gave a slight boost to the jobs count. November’s estimate rose 5,000 to 261,000 while December was moved up 2,000 to 147,000.

“Weekly hours worked remain worryingly low,” said Julia Pollak, labor economist at online jobs marketplace ZipRecruiter. “That is a problem because many workers are struggling to find jobs that will schedule them to work enough hours so they can make ends meet. It could also be a sign that employers are concerned about the possibility that demand for goods and services might weaken in the coming months.”

There was one piece of bad news as well pertaining to benchmark revisions the department incorporates into its historical count. This year showed a decline in the total nonfarm employment for the year ending March 2019 of 514,000. That was a bit higher than the 500,000 that economists had expected and were indicated back in August.

The downward revision amounted to 0.3%, higher than the usual plus-or-minus 0.2% change.

The household survey also was weaker than the establishment survey used to tabulate the unemployment rate.

Households actually reported a decline of 89,000 in the employment level, owing to a plunge in full-time workers of 656,000 and a jump in part time of 537,000.

The household data is noisy, however, and often veers from the establishment set. While the total employment level in the survey dropped over the month, those counted as outside the labor force slid by 729,000 and the total size of the labor force increased by 50,000 to 164.6 million.

The unemployment rate for African Americans rose one-tenth of a percentage point to 6%, while the rate for Asians leaped from 2.5% to 3% and the Hispanic level edged higher to 4.3%.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics tweaked a few of its indicators, with change being the inclusion of same-sex couples in its employment tabulations for married workers. The unemployment rate for married men ticked higher to 1.7% from 1.6%, while that for married women was unchanged at 2.1%.

#1541137 --- 02/08/20 08:00 PM Re: More winning... [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics/susan-collins-retribution-impeachment-witnesses/index.html

Another spineless GOP with no ethics or moral. Just like Trump, Republicans have placed wealth over morality....wait...yep,just as I've said, no matter how corrupt the country as long as you're making a few dollars, NO PROBLIMO , the other oddity here is the fact that it's usually poor Whites bragging about the economy but somehow never realizing a share of the wealth.

#1541138 --- 02/08/20 08:06 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541139 --- 02/08/20 08:14 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Yep, I love those unemployment numbers along with a steady climbing DOW

#1541140 --- 02/08/20 08:19 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

#1541141 --- 02/08/20 09:22 PM Re: More winning... [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Apparently you falsely believe that I will entertain you

Are you having a meltdown?

Call Hillary and have her give you a hug

#1541157 --- 02/09/20 01:32 PM Re: More winning... [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

https://www.chicagoreporter.com/the-us-white-majority-will-soon-disappear-forever/

I look at the post previously posted before this one and will not acknowledge such childish and nonsensical folly. A very sensitive but disturbing fact is facing our country and of all people, Donald J. Trump has brutishly forced it to the forefront, racism and discrimination. Over the years I've voted for Bill Clinton,GW Bush and Barack Obama, back in 2016 I negated to take advantage of my Constitutional right of electing a new president by not voting for either candidate due to the fact that I deemed both of them inadequate to do the job. Trump was too uneducated, outlandish and racist, Hillary on the other hand was very capable but unethical in her past dealings. Today we are witnessing a new challenge, fighting from within in regard to race and gender. It's been well established that White men deem themselves to be the rulers of the world and the fear of losing that status has cause an eternal conflict like no other faced in this country since the Civil War. We have come down to hatred so vile that we are crossing the norm to head toward the attributes once considered corrupt and unethical. Obama's administration wasn't perfect but he raised up us out of a deep Recession, managed to stay out of rumors and scandal yet a certain sector of Whites reviled him, Hillary Clinton was more popular than Trump but Whites felt justified in overlooking a Russian hack to our election while telling the country to "Get over it" Trump won and you're a bunch of sore losers. In past times starting with Bill Clinton, our administrations made great endeavors to put diversity within it's ranks ie. Women, minorities and for the most part, very qualified individuals. Today we have witnessed a total reversal of such advancements and watched a very racist man, fire and forced very good people out of office, only to replace them with quote"Very qualified individuals" If this was truly the case, why are we seeing a record number of turnover of appointees while observing many being convicted of various crimes and going to jail/ Why are very upstanding and ethical people being justifiably fired because they testified against you? Here on the forum ,we are seeing primarily 3 outspoken individuals who support Trump(Your personal right) but said supporters represent that faction of voters who have lost all ability to vote with knowledge, informative data or who best can lead our country. For them it's not about advancement but more so of realizing a race who established this country but over the decades realize that everyone doesn't look as myself but they must not have a say. Well Trump has made it loud and clear,"I will not go our like this" and will fight every entity whether it be man, women, Black, Hispanic, Jew, etc."I'll denigrate you and demonize you but more so, I have enough people like myself who are willing to back me regardless of my corruption (Remember the quote "I can go to Wall street and shoot somebody and they will support me") Well sir, you've proven your point and look at the condition of a country who's bragging rights is we're making money.

Page 172 of 203 < 1 2 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 202 203 >