FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1533343 --- 08/26/19 08:23 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: Formermac]
NYtoFL Offline

Loc: Ontario,NY
I thought you were asking me. You replied to my comment.

Oh well.

FingerLakes1.com
#1533345 --- 08/26/19 08:24 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: NYtoFL]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
When no particular topic pertains to me, I see no reason to interject, maybe you're bored and just needed some entertainment. wink

#1533346 --- 08/26/19 08:28 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
NYtoFL Offline

The topic of Mayor of Geneva does pertain to me, so back to the topic.

I see some faults with Mr. Pitifer, but I would not consider him a racist. That would probably be the least of my concerns as far as he goes.

#1533347 --- 08/26/19 08:29 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: NYtoFL]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: NYtoFL
I thought you were asking me. You replied to my comment.

Oh well.

I can see that a nonsensical debate is being prepared by you. I don't do that style of debate. Now here are the ground rules.Ask an mature question with reasons for asking, respect the response of the individual irrespective of your opinion. If that don't suffice, I guess that you need to take your marble home.

#1533348 --- 08/26/19 08:34 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: NYtoFL]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I see some faults with Mr. Pitifer, but I would not consider him a racist. That would probably be the least of my concerns as far as he goes.

The city of Geneva is very diverse in terms of political affiliation, culture and race, sadly you and others feel the need to CORRECT those that have differences of opinion without the benefit of asking why other opinions really do matter. I pray that you're not a city official...for obvious reasons.

#1533349 --- 08/26/19 08:45 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: NYtoFL]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

In regard to Mark, I've known him for the last 30 years and consider him one if the finest citizens in that region. My point which would pertain to my friend or family, when the values of life are contradicted by one's actions or affiliation, you can bet that I will ask said person, explain such contradictory actions. Or are you one that goes to the voting polls and attempt to give every candidate your vote and support? Logically next to impossible. Over the last 30 years I've seen and observe corruption in your fair city, some in areas that need not have been there, yet those same officials gave speaking advisement only to do something entirely opposite. Bad tactics and policies to say the least, worse yet, you are demonized and criticized for making said observations, thus my reasons for defending Veronica.

#1533350 --- 08/26/19 09:52 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
NYtoFL Offline

Veronica, hopefully Mr. Pitifer will let the voters know what he stands for. So far I see lots of fluff. Thank you for bringing it up.

#1533351 --- 08/26/19 10:41 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac

In regard to Mark, I've known him for the last 30 years and consider him one if the finest citizens in that region. My point which would pertain to my friend or family, when the values of life are contradicted by one's actions or affiliation, you can bet that I will ask said person, explain such contradictory actions. Or are you one that goes to the voting polls and attempt to give every candidate your vote and support? Logically next to impossible. Over the last 30 years I've seen and observe corruption in your fair city, some in areas that need not have been there, yet those same officials gave speaking advisement only to do something entirely opposite. Bad tactics and policies to say the least, worse yet, you are demonized and criticized for making said observations, thus my reasons for defending Veronica.

Another detrimental attribute, can't let things go. I'll give you a lesson in politic Sir. There are several political parties and we all support or believe in each for our personal reasons, you're sounding a bit TRUMPISH in falsely assuming that you are right and all other disagreeing with you are somewhat wrong, get a grip and life for yourself and stay out of the affairs of others. Something which is destroying United States, our political regard for our fellow nations while our own has gone down the drain. Being that you seem to know much in regard to my personal sentiments, I'll go out on a limb and assume you a White Conservative....How dare me!!!!!!! Please use a little common sense and intelligence in the future so that we can discuss matters intelligently instead of stereotypical rhetoric because thus far, you're appearing very narrowed minded and opinionated.......care to return that compliment? Thought so...get my drift? wink

#1533353 --- 08/26/19 11:13 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: Formermac]
NYtoFL Offline

Re-read both of our posts.

I ask a question.....you "go off". I make a statement... you "go off".

I make a comment to someone else... you "go off"

Done with YOU.

#1533354 --- 08/26/19 11:15 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
NYtoFL Offline

I wonder if any debates will be set up. Those would be interesting. I know both candidates are friends, so I'm sure it would be cordial.

#1533355 --- 08/26/19 11:15 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: NYtoFL]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Re-read both of our posts.

I ask a question.....you "go off". I make a statement... you "go off".

I make a comment to someone else... you "go off"

Done with YOU.

Thank you, so you did get my drift, remember you spoke to me first and not the other way around. laugh

#1533357 --- 08/26/19 12:13 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
rock 963 Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
Formermac, take it easy. You're making these sweeping generalizations saying that anyone who has the support of someone who you've deamed "racist", is racist themselves. You're talking about freedom of speech and difference in opinions, but yet when someone disagrees with you on not believing these people you've mentioned are racist, you strike "go off". Just calm down.

#1533358 --- 08/26/19 12:25 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: rock 963]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

LOL, I am calm, believe me, you've never saw the worse of me.. I can hold my own in every venue without the benefit of going NASTY. The problem lies the fact that you somehow weigh in on a particular topic and expect??????? Your problem Sir, I have a personal opinion which has no restrictions in being heard, Your problem? Falsely thinking that said rights belong solely to you....case in point, you weigh in to a posting between myself and veronica . Now don't go playing the victim when someone bites your head off for placing yourself in a two way conversation. PEACE!!!!

#1533359 --- 08/26/19 12:37 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: rock 963]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Answer a basic question, what compel you to ask Veronica why was Mark's affiliation with Tom Reed questionable? Ever use the PM portion of this forum? So you don't know our personal discussions. Never assume with me that you have the divine right and opinion here yet question those that differ in views opposite of yours......The Fingerlake forum is a privilege afforded most of us, not a setting dedicated to one sided opinion. So in essence, maybe you are in vast need of a calming attitude toward the rights of others. laugh

#1533362 --- 08/26/19 03:25 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
rock 963 Offline

Whatever you say man.

#1533365 --- 08/26/19 04:04 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: rock 963]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

See that wasn't hard was it? laugh

#1533379 --- 08/27/19 06:09 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
rock 963 Offline

Like arguing with a child, just let them think they're right.

#1533380 --- 08/27/19 06:47 AM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: rock 963]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

It's more than "thinking son" I KNOW that I'm right, thus the reason that you can't let it go, otherwise if you were right, why not take solace in that profound fact? wink My assessment of you was even correct, a Trumpite that must have the last say, even when wrong

let's recap:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/08/local...reed-defend-it/

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/politics/2018/10/22/tom-reed-president-donald-trump

https://www.post-journal.com/uncategoriz...use-resolution/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nate-shinagawa_n_1663432

I find it hypocritical that you care to debate not my words but citation, yet in all your ignorance, supply not one iota of why Reed is not racist but your running mouth. When one can not speak out against injustice, they now become part of the problem, in case you've missed it, not one word on your part about the injustices in Geneva nor on the national and global front. HOW REVEALING in regard to your lack of listening ability due to your excessive need to make a statement. Once again, I pray to God that you're not a city official!!!!!

#1533384 --- 08/27/19 12:16 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: veronica]
rock 963 Offline

K, bud.

Edited by rock 963 (08/27/19 12:17 PM)

#1533386 --- 08/27/19 12:59 PM Re: Geneva 's race for Mayor [Re: rock 963]
NYtoFL Offline

I still haven't seen proof that Reed is a racist. If Trump backing Reed and Reed backing Trump makes Reed a racist, then I guess that anyone Reed backs, or anyone that backs Reed is a racist.

I'm not sure I follow that thinking.

I would love to find out Mr. Pitifer's thoughts on both Reed and Trump. Again, backing one or both of them tells us something about Mr. Pitifer, but I wouldn't say he is a racist for backing them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >