FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1531656 --- 06/21/19 03:18 PM Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
I just got a used SanDisk Sansa View MP3 player. It worked perfectly, but had a lot of music I didn't want. So I went online to learn how to delete it all. I know how to do them song by song, but was looking for something quicker. So I saw reformat, but it said you will lose all information. Well now that's what I want is to get rid of all the music. Well I was forgetting about any firm ware or anything else. So, it now powers on, but that is as far as it goes. I have seen it referred to as the "Blue ring of death". Would seem there must be a way of reinstalling the information, but I am lost. Any ideas ???

FingerLakes1.com
#1531662 --- 06/22/19 01:02 PM Re: Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help [Re: Code Red]
Code Red Offline

My other thought, Can I get a 2nd player, just like the first, and upload to my computer. Then download that onto the first player. Essentially creating a clone ?

#1531727 --- 06/25/19 09:09 PM Re: Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help [Re: Code Red]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Once you plug it into the computer use your computers file manager to enter the Sansa then enter its music folder, find what files you do not want in the MPS players music folder and delete them. Do not just go into your music folder, you have to find the Sansa, I will see if I can find a video for you.

#1531737 --- 06/27/19 10:47 AM Re: Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help [Re: Code Red]
Code Red Offline

I have now got a second Sansa View MP3 player. I connect and it comes right up on the computer and I have created a short cut on the desktop. I can go in and see all the music. So I unplugged it, and plugged in the first player that I reformatted, and it doesn't show up what so ever. Sandisk said I will have to reload the drivers to the player. They sent me a link and I downloaded the zip files to my computer, and unzipped them. But how do I get them to the player when the computer wont recognize? Now the player will also take a micro sd card, could I download to a sd card and upload it back on the player that way? I talked with a place in Victor called ubreakifix.com, and they said they thought that was possible. They said I could bring it in and they could try it for me. Again, I am not the most handy with a computer.

#1531738 --- 06/27/19 12:18 PM Re: Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help [Re: Code Red]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
windows 10 is your operating system correct?

#1531772 --- 06/29/19 06:28 AM Re: Sandisk Sansa Veiw MP3 player...........help [Re: Code Red]
Code Red Offline

Yes, I have Windows 10.